HOW MUCH IS YOUR 2017 DISNEY VACATION GOING TO COST

Which would you do?
November 16-22 2 Adults, 3 Kids (9, 12, 14)
GF 6 Nights with Free Dining
5 day park hopper.
$6680.97

Or

POR 6 Nights
Dining Plan
5 day tickets
$5411.72

This will be our 3rd visit, first was offsite in 2010 second was POR in 2015.

If I could swing it I would definitely do the GF. You will get a bigger room and a separate daybed that is a nice size. With 3 kids this would be very helpful.

I have a question, if I'm not being to nosy... Do you get the one AP to get the discounted room and Tables in Wonderland? I hadn't thought of that before but now you have me curious (or should I say curiouser and curiouser?) about the savings overall by getting the one AP. Thanks for indulging!

Yes, I bought the AP to save an additional 10% on the room. For GF CL for 7 nights the extra 10% off saved me $240 even after paying more for the AP. I am trying to plan another trip back next year and if I can get it confirmed before we check out I will upgrade my kids passes to AP. If we can't get it decided at least I will have my pass and the AP room discount for next trip. The Tables in Wonderland work for us because we like table service and signature and always like to drink with our meals.

Yes, I bought the AP to save an additional 10% on the room. For GF CL for 7 nights the extra 10% off saved me $240 even after paying more for the AP. I am trying to plan another trip back next year and if I can get it confirmed before we check out I will upgrade my kids passes to AP. If we can't get it decided at least I will have my pass and the AP room discount for next trip. The Tables in Wonderland work for us because we like table service and signature and always like to drink with our meals.
Thank you! I'm thinking that this route may save us on our next two trips. I appreciate you answering!

Which would you do?
November 16-22 2 Adults, 3 Kids (9, 12, 14)
GF 6 Nights with Free Dining
5 day park hopper.
$6680.97

Or

POR 6 Nights
Dining Plan
5 day tickets
$5411.72

This will be our 3rd visit, first was offsite in 2010 second was POR in 2015.
Are the tickets in the 2nd scenario PHs? That would be a factor for my family - PH gives us more freedom in the day. If you can swing the extra $, I suggest trying GF. The monorail is super convenient and you'll get the experience of the MK views. The room and bathroom will be bigger than PO, also, which would be nice with 5 people. And they leave chocolates on your pillow at night:) You'll have an amazing time either place!

This will be our "first" trip (second for the two adults, first for the two kids)

Two adults, two kids (one is 11 so technically an adult at Disney)
Seven nights at All star Music (November 26 to December 2nd)
Free dining
Six days park tickets (with park hopper)
$3009.12
Flights from eastern Canada - two on air miles and the other two in cash - approximately $1050.00
so total is approximately $163.13 per person, per day.
(Around $232.01 Canadian per person per day...with today's crappy dollar)

4 Adults
Aug. 24 to Sept. 2
Beach Club
9 Day Hopper Pass
Free Dining

Flights 1,000.00
I say we did pretty good!!!!!!!:tongue:

DH & I going in September for anniversary trip.

6 nights CR Tower CL-Theme park view
5 days PH+ tickets
Dining Plan

$4300

5 nights this June:

$800 = rented DVC points from a friend for OKW
$1240 = 4 parks 4 days pass

$743 = amazing deal on flights for 4 of us to fly in

We're a family of 6 (one child 9 or under):

2 rooms at Pop! for 14 nights with 8d Park Hopper+, upgraded free QSDP to DDP:

Room 1: 4646.78
Room 2: 4384.42
Memory Maker: $149

Flights from PDX-MCO: $3038.40

3 day/3 park Park to park USO tickets: 1879.94

So basic cost before tips, souvenirs, incidental expenses, food at USO, and alcoholic drinks: $14,098.54

We're planning on about $3000 for all of the other things (that's $1500/week or $250 per week per person.

That makes the total cost of our trip $17.098.54.

And now I pass out.

7day/6night Pool View AKL with 2 park days x3 people: $2400

I'm estimating for food: $700

I've been eyeing a flight the would run us $1100

So, $4200.

Family of 5 all considered adults

airfare from NY $1275

1 night at GF with 8 day PH+ $2550

5 nights in studio at Poly
5 nights in 1 bedroom at BCV
approximate cost considering maintenance fees and original purchase price $2380

Budgeting around $3000 for food, souvenirs etc.

Approximately $9000

Last edited:
We're DVC members so it's usually pretty hard to tell how much our trip costs.

I do have a 7-day trip planned during "free" dining in August at All Star Sports for 2 adults and 1 teen.

$1816 - 7 nights with the QSDP
(-827.52) 2-day PH which will be saved for later because we have APs
988.48 - with PH cost removed.

Airfare -- free on miles
Car rental -- free on points

I would probably budget about another $40 per day for drinks and breakfast foods, so $280.

Total: $1,269

Are the tickets in the 2nd scenario PHs? That would be a factor for my family - PH gives us more freedom in the day. If you can swing the extra $, I suggest trying GF. The monorail is super convenient and you'll get the experience of the MK views. The room and bathroom will be bigger than PO, also, which would be nice with 5 people. And they leave chocolates on your pillow at night:) You'll have an amazing time either place!

They are not PH's. Our family has not needed them in the past. I'm excited to try a new resort. The monorail is definitely a huge perk! I think the chocolates will seal the deal!!

Poly for 7 nights and 8 days + Flying there + meal plan + memory maker + spending money = $11,000 - $12,000

September 3-9, just myself

Airfare, Southwest, DEN-MCO: $258
3 nights ASM, CheapTickets: $234
3 nights AKL, TA special offer: $691
5 day PH+, Boardwalk Ticketing: $448
Halloween Party: $80?
Food/drink budget: $500 (several TS meals & trying to hit up every single F&W booth)
Total: $2211

Will probably erase airfare with my credit card and I'll have gift cards & Disney Visa rewards (thank you 4% back on insurance & utilities).

CBR recently announced that there will be major construction going on at the resort. For guests who booked prior to March 20th will receive a $75 gift card per night upon check in.
Wow. I heard that but I thought it was $75 total. That's a good deal if you can handle the construction!

7days at POFQ - 2 adults 1 child with Dining Plan and 5 day tickets w/ Park Hopper and one extra fun day - $3,480.

3 free tickets to Unverisal.

Driving from NJ round trip $500.

$3,980 total.

Last edited:
September 2-8

2 adults

9/2 ASMu standard 1 night room only discount
$111.69

9/3-8 ASMu standard 5 nights FD
6 day PH
Upgrade to DxDDP
$2145.58

Airfare nonstop flights(miles used to pay for one round trip)
$249.16

TOTAL before spending money, tips, drinks, etc:
$2506.43

Ok I know i am stealing a topic but its a new year. I want to try to keep this as simple as possible and so that we can all compare apples to apples. I fully understand that people will add different things to their own vacations but I would like to try to keep the costs to just the WDW portion of your vacation. No travel costs, unless you want to put it in as an additional cost. So here i go:

A 5 day stay for 2 (me and DW) at Port Orleans Riverside with 5 day ParkHopper and Dinning Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 2 Snacks/day)
* POR: $1,445.85
* 5 Day Park Hopper: $873.97
* Dinning Plan: $673.30
* Total Cost: $2,993.12 or $299.31/person/day

As a side note....I have been keeping track of the costs of our trips since 2008 and the per day per person costs have gone from $149.72 to $299.31 an increase of 99.9%!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter