HOW MUCH IS YOUR 2017 DISNEY VACATION GOING TO COST

4 going in October for 6 nights

Room: Free using our DVC points- 2 BR at Saratoga, may change to OKW.
Tickets: Free using annual pass bought in November
Flight: $45 using points
Halloween Party Tickets: Around $350
Food: Each person will get a $200 Disney gift card to use as they see fit. Another $100-150 will be spent on grocery delivery to eat breakfasts in the room, along with many drinks like Gatorade, Water, Sprite, etc.

Total cost will be less than $1500.

2 adults, 2 kids
8 days, 7 nights at Pop Century
5 day park tickets
Disney Dining Plan
Memory Maker
$3713

Flights - $744

Total: $4457
Total after paying for $3700 of the package and $700 of the flights with discounted gift cards: $4237

Me and my 16 year old twins and my adult niece but I listed costs only for myself and kids and we are paying for the room. She is paying her own food and tickets

7 night GF club level SL with AP 35% discount $3603.67 for 8/5-13
1 AP $829.64
2 7-day park hoppers $1,033.06

Room and passes total $5,466.37
Less Disney Visa Rewards $4,600 makes my out of pocket $866.37!!!

Budgeting for food and drinks, etc $2,000 ($250 for 8 days) already have $1900 in gift cards
Tables in Wonderland Card $150
Searaycers $96
GF Cabana $318.44
AK Tour $620
Airline tickets $0 used points

Extras total $3,184.44

So if you add my out of pocket it is $4,050.81 for 7 nights for 3 people = $192.90 a night per person removing tour, searaycers and cabana its only $143.63.

Total for everything without the Disney Rewards would be $8,650.81
I have a question, if I'm not being to nosy... Do you get the one AP to get the discounted room and Tables in Wonderland? I hadn't thought of that before but now you have me curious (or should I say curiouser and curiouser?) about the savings overall by getting the one AP. Thanks for indulging!

2 Adults December 8th-14th

All-Star Music standard room
Free Dining
Park Hoppers

$2089

We haven't booked our flights yet.

I'm now planning a big multi-generational family trip for December 2017.

Seven adults, two children, one toddler
December 16-23 (with five of us staying until Christmas Day)
Round trip flights on Southwest: 200K RR points and a Companion Pass (valued at $3000)
2 br villa at Marriott's Sabal Palms, Dec 16-25: 2475 MVC points (valued at $2475)
2 br villa at Marriott's Sabal Palms, Dec 16-23: 1450 MVC points (valued at $1450)
One night at Beach Club, Dec 19: $255 (DVC point rental)
One night at Polynesian, Dec 21: $308 (DVC point rental)
All Star Music, Dec 16-23: $1180
3 rental cars ($500)
110 table service meals: $2250 (after dining plan and Tables in Wonderland savings)
40 quick service meals: $600
70 snacks: $280
Groceries: $200
Park hoppers/annual passes: $2300

Out of pocket, we should only pay $7800, about $100 per person per day.
If you figure out the value of the points we used and add that, it should cost $14800, or $172 per person per day.

Last edited:
Two adults, 14 nights at Caribbean Beach resort with free QS dining upgraded to regular dining and 9 day park hoppers: $4823.45 US (approx. $6500 CAD)
Airfare: $150 CAD (used credit card travel points for the remainder)

Bonus: will receive $1050 US in Disney gift cards. This should cover the rest of our expenses (MNSSHP tickets, alcoholic drinks, tips, etc.)

Total: Approx. $4950 US or $6650 CAD

August 2017
2 Adults
2 Disney adults (10, 14)

All Star Music
Preferred room
8 nights
8 day tickets w/park hopper
Free Dining
$3485

Art of Animation
Little Mermaid room
2 nights
$360

Grand Total
$3845

*Updated to add split stay info*

Last edited:

We are driving from Nashville in our conversion van. In September
7 people (5 adults, 2 kids)
7 nights camping at Ft Wilderness
3 park days
The Disney portion up front is $2700.00
Transportation budget: $500
Food Budget for the week (includes 3 table service and a BOG ADR, and a night at Medieval Times as well as our camp food): $700.00
1 day at Universal/IOA for my Harry Potter fans: $1500
Incidentals and gift cards for the kids: $500

So, it's roughly a $6K trip. Which is insane. We could probably travel Europe for a week on the same budget.

Crazy, huh? Doesn't that 1 day at Universal kill? It was crazy to us how much our 1 day, park hopper cost at Universal on our honeymoon last year.

Crazy, huh? Doesn't that 1 day at Universal kill? It was crazy to us how much our 1 day, park hopper cost at Universal on our honeymoon last year.
Yes, I'm shocked at how pricey it all is (Disney park days with park hopper would be $1000, so about $300 less). And if it weren't for the campground, we would be looking at $300-500/night to stay on property due to our family size. Pretty much any Disney vacation we choose to take will have to be camping or off property. Which is fine, we are just excited to do it!!

We are driving from Nashville in our conversion van. In September
7 people (5 adults, 2 kids)
7 nights camping at Ft Wilderness
3 park days
The Disney portion up front is $2700.00
Transportation budget: $500
Food Budget for the week (includes 3 table service and a BOG ADR, and a night at Medieval Times as well as our camp food): $700.00
1 day at Universal/IOA for my Harry Potter fans: $1500
Incidentals and gift cards for the kids: $500

So, it's roughly a $6K trip. Which is insane. We could probably travel Europe for a week on the same budget.
Can I ask about your food budget? Are you bringing camp food with you? Seven people at Medieval Times alone is pretty pricey.

2 Adults - 8 Nights
2 Nights @ Best Western Lake Buena Vista
6 Nights @ CBR
7 Day park Hoppers
Free QS Dining Plan upgraded to regular DP
$2,600 + cost of gas to and from Illinois
(will also be receiving $450 gift cards at check in)

2 adults, 1 child
6 day PH $1300
6 nights 2BR BWV on rented points and split with my parents $1600 ($3200 if parents cost included)
SWA flights using reward points, so only $30 in taxes
OOP food & souvenirs $900

$3830. About $212/person. Not too bad for a deluxe stay!

2 adults, 2 kids (10 & 9)
7 nights at CBR (receiving $525 gift card at check in)
6 day base ticket (Canadian discount)
Disney cost $2356 USD ($1831 when you include what we get back in gift cards)
Flights from eastern Canada $1500 CAD

2 adults, 2 kids (10 & 9)
7 nights at CBR (receiving $525 gift card at check in)
6 day base ticket (Canadian discount)
Disney cost $2356 USD ($1831 when you include what we get back in gift cards)
Flights from eastern Canada $1500 CAD
What are the gift cards being given at check in?

August
1 Adult, 2 Disney Adults - 8 nights.
2 Nights @ ASMo Preferred
6 Nights @ GF Garden View
7 Day park hoppers
Flight from Baltimore/Washington area
Snacks/Beer/Wine delivered from GG or Safeway
Approximate total: $3810

With money set aside for food and extras, we'll spend about $5100, maybe a little over, maybe a little under.

My total cost may go up if I get an AP. I'm planning a trip a few months later with just siblings, and if that works out, the AP will be a more cost effective option for my ticket over two trips (and will get me discounts on food!).

Can I ask about your food budget? Are you bringing camp food with you? Seven people at Medieval Times alone is pretty pricey.
Sure! So, at Medieval Times, we will have 2 free meals from birthday month celebration, and they offer coupons all the time. It will actually turn out to cost the same as a character breakfast, I think. We are going to buy food to cook in our Instant Pot and bring snacks. I may cancel Tusker or Trails End if I can't manage it all. We are not big eaters and don't eat desserts or sugar drinks (unless included in a buffet fixed price meal) so I think we should be able to keep it down. Except for my husband, we can all easily live on one good meal a day plus 2 substantial snacks (a giant pickle, a serving of cheese, beef jerky, a baggie of nuts). Also, I do expect some of our gift card budget will be used in food.

I wish I'd been able to take advantage of the gift cards at CBR!! That was our preferred resort, but it was already booked up when I made our reservation in January--and at the time I had no idea about the construction. Oh well.

Mid-December for our family of 9--3 adults (hubby, 18 y.o. son, myself) 3 Disney adults (16, 14, 11) and 3 children (9, 8, 6)
9 nights at ASMusic, 1 family suite and 1 preferred room
DDP for everyone
10 days base park tickets
Package price (both rooms added together) $12,251
Christmas party--not sure of exact cost but last time we went it was about $750, I think. So about $13,000 total, before transportation from TX (we'll drive) and hotels and meals on the way there and back.

Since booking our package in January, hubby and I took a separate trip in March and bought APs and TiW, so we'll adjust the ticket costs by 2 adults and possibly drop the DDP in favor of using the TiW discount instead. Haven't fully decided on that one yet. And I'm still holding out hope that an AP room discount will be available for our dates later!

Dec 2017
2 adults and 3 'disney' adults
8 nights Boardwalk Inn Club level
8 park hopper

Total $9129

Airfare 589pp =$1767 (free flight with miles and ds friend is paying his own airfare)

Grand total 10,896
Breaks down to 272 a day pp.
Makes the sting a little less painful. However we only go every 2-3 years.
Each non Disney trip my husband and I go on is a is for a shorter period of time and we still manage to spend at least 3k per trip.

Which would you do?
November 16-22 2 Adults, 3 Kids (9, 12, 14)
GF 6 Nights with Free Dining
5 day park hopper.
$6680.97

Or

POR 6 Nights
Dining Plan
5 day tickets
$5411.72

This will be our 3rd visit, first was offsite in 2010 second was POR in 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter