How much did DVC points cost when you bought?

Joined two years ago. VWL points cost $75 per point.

Bought a resale last year....BWV at $62 a point, plus closing costs which made it closer to $67 a point.

WOW! you all did great I bought in Dec 02. I paid $80.00 for my 150 VWL points and 50 HHI points. No buy back offer then. Now considering buying SSR at 79 with Disney discount.

We purchased a resale in April of 1999 (250 pts OKW).
It had banked points and included the park passes until the end of the year. The savings we had in three trips (plus loaning my brother points) before the end of the year in my opinion paid for almost half my inital investment. We paid $55.00 a point!

I had been looking into DVC before my purchase and I believe at that point (1999) was one of the best opportunities out there. BWV were fairly new so OKW resales were not in that demand and a lot of people were selling contracts that included the passes , I think they had owned for 8 or so years and just couldn't envision going and having to pay for park admission.

We paid $62.75 a point through DVC at BWV in 98 and then did a re-sale at OKW in 2002 at $58 a point.

We paid $62.75. We were at the Poly in 92 and saw the construction and went past the DVC sales desk, but thinking it was just a regular timeshare didn't inquire. Big mistake. Wish they had been a LITTLE more aggressive in getting your attention. If we knew how it worked and that you got the free passes, we probably would have bought then.

Just Bought BCV at $79 a point after taking partial credit for MB.

I really did not know about DVC either until these boards, even though I saw the kiosks in the parks.

They really should knock you over the head and make you sign against your will, because you don't know any better!!!:D
I'm giving the Mouse Power of Attorney!

Can someone please give a history on the Free Park Admission!! That sounds like a good trivia question!

"In what years, did DVC offer it's members Free Park Admission"

[Color=dark blue]Purchased 180 pts at BWV couple months ago @ $74 per point with MB.

Like many, many others, wished we would've joined sooner. But even at the lower prices, don't know if we could've afforded it when it first became available.

Also, like many, many others, now faced with trying to figure out how to add on more; and haven't used point one yet:D!

Peace,
G4L [/color]

Here is average point price per year adjusted using all the great detail PamOKW has collected:

DVCI
1991 $48.94
1992 $52.88
1993 $56.75
1994 $59.30
1995 $62.13
1996 $62.75
1997 $62.75
1998 $62.75
1999 $65.00
2000 $66.25
2001 $73.54
2002 $78.25
2003 $84.00
2004 $84.00 (then $89 or $95 on 5/9/04?)

DVCII
2003 $81.05 ($79 pre-opening, then $84 on 11/1/03)
2004 $84, then $89 on 3/5/04, then $95 on 5/9/04

My resale contracts,all with banked points. After renting the points and combining, I averaged about $56.00 pp. This was last winter. Then Disney went crazy with ROFR and pushed the prices up. I saved a lot of money by going resale. The only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Gail,

That was one mighty fine Valentine's Day gift!

By the way, thanks for all your posts over on the Transportation board. You have helped me a lot when it comes to renting a car.

Most of my points were $70 ppt during the BCV pre-sale.

We own at three resorts, and did MB with some and list price with others. Avg price per point ended up being $69.00. :)

We picked up ours in March 2003 for $84 ( I think ).

Going back in Dec and looking to add 100 more, but now the BCV are sold out.... :(

I guess we will have to settle for pre-sale.... hehehe.

BTW.... Anyone know what the current promo is? I can not get the info from a cast member until we are there.... Something about dumb local laws....

Thanks All.

We purchased an OKW 250 point contract via resale in June 2000 @ $53 per point plus closing costs.

Like most others, we wished we had bought more !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter