How many TS meals do you do at Disney?

How many sit down meals do you do?

• 7 nights!! I'm not stepping foot outside the world

• 5-6 nights! Come on, every God took the 7th day off

• 3-5 nights! one day on, one day off. good mix

• 1-3 nights! Eat? who wants to spend time eating?

• other: there has to be a "other"

Results are only viewable after voting.
It really depends on the trip. This summer we are only planning one park day and MNSSHP for one evening. Therefore, we have booked a TS dinner or Dinner Show for every night so we have something to do and look forward to each evening. If we are doing the parks alot (something that is too hot to do in the summer) we eat at very few TS restaurants. We don't want to be committed and tied-down to a certain park at a certain time.

Every trip we must do:
O'hana for dinner
LeCellier for lunch
Kona for breakfast

We also like to try one new place each trip. October trip will be Captain's Grille.

We never do a TS on the first or last day of our trip, it is always so hectic and we want to spend as much time as possible in the MK on those days. We usually do 1 TS the rest of the days.

OT, but a trip without eating at Columbia and Flame Tree would be devastating. :eek:

Don't kill yourselves to get this reservation. We've eaten there three times and never been completely happy with the service or food.

It depends if you call Coronado Springs Resorts Pepper Market Food Court a TS restraint. We drive over there about every two to three days during our two or three week stay. They offer a snack to a full meal and a cold beer to go along with it. :thumbsup2

We eat all our meals at the world out, we do at lest 1 TS per day sometimes two and on the odd occasion 3. Think we have about 20 or so booked for the next 14 day trip to the world. This year we are only doing the standard plan, we have done the delux in the past. We usually have to pay cash for quite a few meals on top of the plan as we do like to use quite a few of the 2 TS places. We do enjoy the odd buffet in the morning too.

Its a shame that their is not a plan in between the delux and the standard that allowed two TS and one CS per day or maybe just two TS and no CS, personally I would prefer this myself.

Every trip we must do:
O'hana for dinner
LeCellier for lunch
Kona for breakfast

We also have a Kona breakfast tradition. It is the only place we have eaten at every trip for 8 years.

The runner-up to Kona is surprisingly the rainforest cafe. We don't eat there every time but it is surprising how often we end up at DTD toward the end of our trip and we are sick of Disney food. Rainforest is a fun place to eat with a huge menu full of "normal" food where everyone can get something they want.

Its a shame that their is not a plan in between the delux and the standard that allowed two TS and one CS per day or maybe just two TS and no CS, personally I would prefer this myself.
I'm not super familiar with the DPs, but can't you get the deuxe and use the extra TS credits for signature dinners?

MG

I'm not super familiar with the DPs, but can't you get the deuxe and use the extra TS credits for signature dinners?

MG

The Deluxe Plan gives you 3 TS meals a day and no counter service. You can use your TS meals for a CS meal, but if you're paying $70/day/person, you probably wouldn't be wise to do so. The Signature Restaurants would alleviate some of the TS credits because they take 2 credits each/meal. But again, they aren't always a good choice for the dining plan from a value standpoint.

I've got a upcoming 10 day trip :cool1: and I just realized that I really only have 4 TS meals planned and 1 is a breakfast. Seems the more I go, the less planning and adr's I make. :goodvibes

So in a let's say 7 night vacation how many ADR's do you still make?

You don't have 14 as an option. We'd reserve lunch and dinner every day.

We will generally do 1 TS daily with the exception of arrival day and departure day.

going to disney is as much about the food as the rides/parks are. :cool1:

Yes indeed! I'll generally have a light breakfast in the villa, but TS for lunch (early) and dinner (late). The only exception is the day before the marathon, when I do all my own cooking to ensure complete control over what I eat. For me, one of the highlights of my Disney trips is hitting as many restaurants as possible! Plus, gotta get the most out of that TiW card :teeth:

We don't do TS every day of our trips. Our trips vary in length so we mix it up with a couple of TS lunches/breakfast and dinner. We eat less dinners than lunches. We tend to like our main meal at lunch. If we eat a big breakfast at CM or CP then we skip lunch and have an early dinner....maybe CS. We don't like to be tied down to ADR's every day of our trip. Sometimes I make too many and end up cancelling. We like to eat at DTD a couple of times a trip too. Oh I forgot to add....we do eat a light breakfast in the villa too. We buy bagels, cereal, donuts, frozen waffles and such. We don't eat lunch or dinner in our villas.

Maybe 1 TS in 7 days. Last trip we didnt do any TS. Just not a big fan.

I dont like to be scheduled on vacation. Get enough of that at work. Even on our cruise last month, we skipped dinner 3 of 7 nights because we were enjoying what we were doing and did not want to stop to dine. Cruise food was pretty good, but our family is more into freestyle dining.

Another freestyler :thumbsup2 Yep that is how we eat too. When the kids were younger we would book more meals....character type ones. Then as they got older we did less and less TS meals. I like to NOT be so scheduled.

On our 10 night stay about a month ago, we had one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. We added one dinner while we were there.

I make adrs for every night of our stay. Lunch is usually in the park or by the pool. We always have breakfast cereal and fruit available in the room but the older children usually go over to AP several mornings. Most trips include at least one character breakfast for the younger set. Marie

We eat dinner every night. Especially when we take our married children. Sometimes during the day, we will all separate, then come back together at dinner. We all sit and talk! It is a blast. I just love doing this and they do too. When it is the two of us, we need a break about this time of day, this is when we take it. I do not cook on vacation. We eat breakfast in the room, but it is pre cooked items.

When I voted, I entered 5-6. I then looked at my ADR's and realized I have 8! I forgot about the 2 breakfast ressies I made. We typically eat at least 1 TS meal a day, normally dinner or lunch. I am afraid during our trip this year we will be unable to secure any adr's while we are there because it is during "free" dining so if we do not have an adr, we will likely be out of luck.

I voted other. On our last 10 night trip we had no ADRs. We did no TS and we didn't miss it. We snacked, ate CS and in our villa. We did have the "one ice cream a day" rule in effect though. :mickeybar

The poll is set up for a 7 night stay. Since we avoid the weekends, I selected "other." We have one TS reservation for each night we're at WDW in Sept (5 nights). One is California Grill, and another Hoop Dee Do, so I am planning on paying OOP for HDD.

It's a massive celebration -- one retirement, two birthdays.

Hope I survive.

We're still doing the dining plan although this may be the last trip for it because it's lost quite a bit of value and we eat way more than what we used to. We do breakfast in the room or will get a CS breakfast because I refuse to cook on vacation. Next year we will continue to do breakfast and then order stuff for sandwiches and snacks and will probably continue to do TS for dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter