How many TS meals do you do at Disney?

How many sit down meals do you do?

• 7 nights!! I'm not stepping foot outside the world

• 5-6 nights! Come on, every God took the 7th day off

• 3-5 nights! one day on, one day off. good mix

• 1-3 nights! Eat? who wants to spend time eating?

• other: there has to be a "other"

Results are only viewable after voting.

eliza61

DIS Veteran
I've got a upcoming 10 day trip :cool1: and I just realized that I really only have 4 TS meals planned and 1 is a breakfast. Seems the more I go, the less planning and adr's I make. :goodvibes

So in a let's say 7 night vacation how many ADR's do you still make?

We stayed at SSR for 8 nights last week and had 5 ADRs (one was a lunch). That is a lot for us, we're usually fly by the seat of our pants type vacationers! :rotfl:

I voted 5-6 but we are only staying 6 nights on our next trip! :goodvibes
Also - most of my ADR's are for lunch - we enjoy taking a mid-day break to sit down and have a nice meal, and our little ones do better at lunch than dinner.

Other.

Free Dining ... we do at least two per day.

Otherwise, it is probably only a few (e.g. 4 times during an 8 day trip). Depends upon whether we are doing a lot of stuff off-site and how many days we go into the parks.

Breakfast and lunch in the room, TS Dinner. Add in one TS breakfast while there.

The reason is simple. Breakfast and lunch require the fewest unique groceries and the least amount of cooking time.

Breakfast is usually a couple of eggs and toast, a breakfast sammich, or a bagel and cream cheese. Cook time is less than ten minutes for any of it.

Eggs
Bread
Cheese
Ham slices
Bagels
Cream Cheese
condiments

Lunch is usually a sammich and chips.
Same bread used for breakfast
Same cheese
same condiments
add turkey slices or pork slices for variety
chips

If you do dinner in the room you are either forced to cook some pre-made trash like one of those buckets of lasagna or if you want a real meal you have to spend a bunch of time cooking with a big variety of ingredients.

Vacation is supposed to be simple.

Usually a breakfast at Crystal Palace, and 2-3 TS dinners for a 7-8 night trip. It seems to be a good balance for us.

We have one TS lunch or dinner every full day of our trip, plus one TS breakfast per week, typically.

Breakfast and lunch in the room, TS Dinner. Add in one TS breakfast while there.

Vacation is supposed to be simple.
I second that! Great minds think alike :goodvibes We usually have in a 7 day trip atleast 5-6 adr's and wing the rest. Breakfast in the room and lunch is usually something pretty light while we're out and about. The last thing I want is a heavy lunch in that heat.

In an 10 day stay, we have 14 ADR's. Now, granted, 2 of those overlap (5 of us are doing dinner in one place, 2 in another), but even so that would be 13 ADR's in 10 days. Obviously, some are breakfasts...most dinners....only ONE lunch.

We TS for all of our dinners. I am a planner, a little compulsive at times, so I like to have it planned out. And with a 4yo, i can make sure we eat early, for when he crashes!

Speaking of food. Does anyone in the world have worse pizza than Disney? Hint: Pizza should not be made with a machine!

I have had better tasting pizza out of a freezer section of a grocery store.

I've got a upcoming 10 day trip :cool1: and I just realized that I really only have 4 TS meals planned and 1 is a breakfast. Seems the more I go, the less planning and adr's I make. :goodvibes

So in a let's say 7 night vacation how many ADR's do you still make?

Our last trip was in June and we actually stayed at WDW for a family reunion for a total of 8 nights with a pre and post night off property (to save money). We are new BLT owners and have to wait until August before using any points.

During the entire period we had 7 ADR's (including a 1 signature meal). We had to coordinate with other family members during the first four days for one table meal a day. So since we had reservations on the line we made reservations for our 4 days w/o family.

However, in the past we have not always booked up all of our ADR's in advance as we often do the Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy method. Whatever bus comes first to the bus stop is the park we were meant to go to.:thumbsup2

I think we consider if there are any heavily booked restaurants we want to go to and those are the ADRs we book.

I voted "other". Usually TS ADRs for a few lunches, CS for a couple lunches and a couple dinners, and the rest in the villa. Rarely a TS ADR for dinner.

We were always a DDP family, but now that we are DVC members and DD was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, we are going to be ordering groceries for breakfast and lunch. We will still be going out for dinner, but may have an in-room pasta night.

Speaking of food. Does anyone in the world have worse pizza than Disney? Hint: Pizza should not be made with a machine!

I have had better tasting pizza out of a freezer section of a grocery store.

:rotfl2: LOL, I'm a NY'er rowbear. We pretty much think Chicago "deep dish" style is an affront to mother nature and anyone who puts pineapple or tofu on a pizza is a terrorist and should be reported to home land security, so I'm not even trying the pizza at Disney world.

I chose "5-6 nights" although I mean 5-6 TS's. Most of the time our TS is for dinner, but we have gone for a late lunch and of course a Character Breakfast thrown in!

It's 1-3 for us with one of those always being a Character meal - either lunch or dinner. The other two TS meals will always be dinner.

We always do breakfast in the room with food we've brought with us because we feel eating out for breakfast at WDW is a waste of both time and money. And we always do CS lunches unless our Character meal is a lunch.

The reason we don't like to do too many TS meals is because we feel it limits our flexibility as you're tied to a time and place. We often find there are times when we need to change plans on the fly due to crowds, weather, fatigue. etc. and having an ADR complicates this.

:rotfl2: LOL, I'm a NY'er rowbear. We pretty much think Chicago "deep dish" style is an affront to mother nature and anyone who puts pineapple or tofu on a pizza is a terrorist and should be reported to home land security, so I'm not even trying the pizza at Disney world.

It is a good thing you don't. Your whole religion might change. Deep dish pineapple and tofu pizza is practically ambrosia compared to whatever that is that disney calls pizza. They make it with a machine. A MACHINE! If that is not a sacriledge to the art of pizza I don't know what is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter