How many TS meals do you do at Disney?

How many sit down meals do you do?

• 7 nights!! I'm not stepping foot outside the world

• 5-6 nights! Come on, every God took the 7th day off

• 3-5 nights! one day on, one day off. good mix

• 1-3 nights! Eat? who wants to spend time eating?

• other: there has to be a "other"

Results are only viewable after voting.
We usually eat 2 TS meals per day (lunch and dinner--we're not big breakfast eaters). We're just not huge fans of Disney's counter service offerings, except for Earl of Sandwich which we love to eat at on most every trip. We have never cooked in our villa before, but we've only been DVC members for about a year and a half.

I've got a upcoming 10 day trip :cool1: and I just realized that I really only have 4 TS meals planned and 1 is a breakfast. Seems the more I go, the less planning and adr's I make. :goodvibes

So in a let's say 7 night vacation how many ADR's do you still make?

Okay, I voted "Other" because you asked two different questions! Your poll asked how many sit down meals we do, and your comments asked how many ADR's we make.

We are about to leave for a one week trip. We have two ADR's which is typically all we ever make. But we will have sit down meals every day including ESPN Club (doesn't accept ADRs) and off-site sit down meals. Often we eat at odd times at sit down restaurants like Brown Derby and just walk in.

But the gist of what you are saying...that you don't plan a lot of meals...is very much true for us. We hate to be enjoying something and have to stop because we have a meal to go to.

When on the dining plan, we obvoiusly have one TS daily.
When not on the plan, most times we have a TS every other day. Most of our vacations are 14-18 days.

We do like WDW TS meals but often find that being as we are not from the US that we equally enjoy meals outside of WDW. In Feb I think we were quite evenly split with TS meals. But we only made on confirmed ADR and that was for Victoria and Alberts, the rest of the time we went with the flow.

Claire ;)

We plan at least one TS per day of our trips. If one is breakfast, then I often also make an ASR for dinner.

We east breakfast in our room most days. So it's one TS, one counter service a day on average.

I chose "other" because our big meal is lunch so IF we make an ADR, it's usually for lunch. When spending 5-6 nights at the World, we'll make 2 or 3 ADR's.

I'm not sure how to vote. We eat at a TS every night, and always visit longer than 7 days..

Upon further review, I guess we fall into the "other" category.

MG

12 night split-stay approaching (check-out my ticker below :banana:).

We're doing the Dining Plan for our 8 nights at BCV & have 9 TS meals planned.

A few of those are Signature Dining & a few will be oop.

Had to go with other as well. Joining dvc hasn't drastically altered our meal plans for disney. So that means at least 2TS meals a day, sometimes 3 if we aren't somewhere with lunch cs options that we like. We toyed around with cooking some meals but we'd have to leave the parks to be able to do that plus I dont like cooking at home so I know I wouldn't love it on vacation.

With the kids, our trips are always 7 nights. Our high is six TS meals---including several lunches and maybe one breakfast. Our low is two meals.

We went once without the kids, staying four nights. We ate four TS meals (would have required five TS credits---one was lunch at Brown Derby) but 2 of those were secured while we were there. They were not booked in advance.

I think we average 1 sit down meal a day. I do not necessarily make all the ADR's ahead of time, we can usually slip a lunch at Fulton's in or a lunch somewhere in the world.

DH and I enjoy eating at Disney. We have our favorite meals and mercifully, most are still there, and some are getting better.:goodvibes

Bobbi:goodvibes

Had to go with other as well. Joining dvc hasn't drastically altered our meal plans for disney. So that means at least 2TS meals a day, sometimes 3 if we aren't somewhere with lunch cs options that we like. We toyed around with cooking some meals but we'd have to leave the parks to be able to do that plus I dont like cooking at home so I know I wouldn't love it on vacation.

That is us. We did Deluxe Dining the past 2 trips so we almost always had atleast 2 TS per day. We are going with basic DDP this September and still have a few days with more than one TS planned.

What can I say...we like eating at the World!;)

See I just could no stand that. It has nothing to do with saving money for me. I have hated every vacation we have ever had where we ate out for every meal for more than about 4 days. To me it is a big waste of time and it is usually too much food.

Why would I go to a restaurant for breakfast and order 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast? Because if I eat more than that for an extended stay plus a heavier lunch than I am used to I don't feel good. I'd rather get a little extra sleep and have a simple breakfast in my room.

Different stroke for different folks I suppose.

I'm a huge planner...so for our upcoming 9-night trip we have something like 23 adr's to make... :scared1: but going to disney is as much about the food as the rides/parks are. :cool1:

We do 1 TS every day we're there...for dinner.:thumbsup2 Breakfast is in the room, and lunch is wherever we happen to be.

I'm a huge planner...so for our upcoming 9-night trip we have something like 23 adr's to make... :scared1: but going to disney is as much about the food as the rides/parks are. :cool1:
Holy Moses!!... 23 ADRs for nine days.. I'm blown away.
Don't get me wrong, my wife and I love dining at Disney. We eat every dinner at a Disney restaurant, mostly the signature restaurants.
That said, I don't know where we would find enough time in the day to eat three formal TS meals every day.

MG

Maybe 1 TS in 7 days. Last trip we didnt do any TS. Just not a big fan.

I dont like to be scheduled on vacation. Get enough of that at work. Even on our cruise last month, we skipped dinner 3 of 7 nights because we were enjoying what we were doing and did not want to stop to dine. Cruise food was pretty good, but our family is more into freestyle dining.

We just returned a few weeks ago, and did zero meals at WDW. The ticket prices for the parks weren't in our budget, so we did Universal and Sea World. They got our $$ in their parks. Then for dinner, we ate off-site.

YIKES! Is it weird that I have never made an ADR before actually getting to Disney?

We search the menus and put together a "plan" but we always have alternate choices so it doesn't feel like we have to be subjected to our whims from several months earlier.

The main reason I eat TS at Disney is for seafood. Where I live most of the restaurants want to salmon, tuna, and shrimp you to death unless you eat at red lobster (BLECH).

Every trip we must do:
O'hana for dinner
LeCellier for lunch
Kona for breakfast

We also like to try one new place each trip. October trip will be Captain's Grille.

We never do a TS on the first or last day of our trip, it is always so hectic and we want to spend as much time as possible in the MK on those days. We usually do 1 TS the rest of the days.

OT, but a trip without eating at Columbia and Flame Tree would be devastating. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter