How many tickets are sold for MNSSHP?

Plutos Pal

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I am very interested in going to the MNSSHP but, had some concerns about how many people are allowed to attend. I know that everything Disney does is well thoughtout and I shouldn't worry but I have never been to a private ticket event before. Just reading about it seems like it's a must see. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I have never seen a published number of tickets available for each night, and since Disney "guards" their daily attendance numbers, I would think they would not advertise this number either.... just that the tickets are limited.

Plutos Pal said:
Hello everyone, I am very interested in going to the MNSSHP but, had some concerns about how many people are allowed to attend. I know that everything Disney does is well thoughtout and I shouldn't worry but I have never been to a private ticket event before. Just reading about it seems like it's a must see. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

From what I have heard and read, They try to keep the maximum number of tickets sold for the MNSSHP to about 20,000 tickets. :confused3

Well, if it's anything like the Very Merry Christmas Party, I wouldn't waste my money again. We went last year, and it took 20 minutes just to get the 2 free cookies and cocoa. The line for Space Mt. was out into the plaza area, and it took a long time to get the free picture.

AJKMOM said:
Well, if it's anything like the Very Merry Christmas Party, I wouldn't waste my money again. We went last year, and it took 20 minutes just to get the 2 free cookies and cocoa. The line for Space Mt. was out into the plaza area, and it took a long time to get the free picture.

You have me worried now. This will be our first MVMCP.

We have been to MNSSHP for the last 5 years and have never waited in line for more than a few (literally) minutes for any ride or trick or treating. Some rides we could just stay on and go again. Trick or treating lines also go very quickly.

Is MVMCP really that bad?

JPN4265 said:
From what I have heard and read, They try to keep the maximum number of tickets sold for the MNSSHP to about 20,000 tickets. :confused3

We were told once by a CM that is was 20,000. BUT.....we all know CM's don't always know the right answers to questions. So, take it for what it's worth I guess. :goodvibes

I went to MVMCP in 2004 and from what I experienced early in the evening it is a larger crowd but nothing astonomical. More towards the end of the party is when everything is pretty much clear. If you plan on eating in the park, I would definitly make your ADRs early.

We are attending MNSSHP this October and hoping the crowds are small like mentioned above. If it is less crowded for MNSSHP, then that would be fantastic!!! :cool1:

The total tickets sold is a well guarded secret but it's always been rumored to be 20,000.

I've been to 3 MNHSSP and 4 MVMCP and I've never had an issue with crowds really even on Halloween night. I think it depends on a lot of things; what part of the park you are in at any given time, what kind of crowds you are used to, if you have a plan/strategy, etc...

I never waited more then a minute or two for the free hot choc or cocoa (MVMCP). The trick or treat lines may appear long at times but they move VERY fast. Sometimes Fantasyland can seem crowded. The photo line (which I think is gone this year) was sometimes long but that's about it.

YMMV but I love both parties and think they are both worth experiencing even just for the parade and fireworks alone!

We went to MNSSHP in 2005 on the Friday before Halloween and the longest lines were Space Mountain and Peter Pan, both about 15-20 minutes. The rest of the lines were like 5 minutes or less. We did wait about 10 minutes for our free picture. I thought it was a blast and would love to go again.

I can't speak to the MNSSHP but I can say that the MVMCP was very crowded on Dec 17, 2004. It was a Friday night and it was sold out. That day, Buzz had a 10 minute wait (or less) during the day but went to 45 minutes that night. Picture lines and Cookie lines weren't bad if you let the initial rush pass. The ride lines never got better. Both parades were packed about 45 minutes prior to the start. We swore never to do the party again.

Of course this year we are trying the MNSSHP, but in September, and are hoping for smaller crowds and have lowered our expectations due to the MVMCP experience.

With all of that. I found two conflicting "reviews" of the party that show you how two people can see things differently. See Brendon Webb's review at the top of the page (http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/hol_mvmcp04.htm) and Jane Ho's a few reviews later. Same night, same party, two different experiences. Mine was just like Brendon's so I am not sure what Party Jane was at.

We've done both and we probably won't do another one. If our ds5 gets older and wants to do it, we might. Never again with a stroller. It's MOBBED. The lines for pictures were MOBBED. We never got a cookie because of the lines.

That being said, the lines were extremely short. Pretty much walk on most of them. It just seemed people (during both events) were milling about.

IMO I didn't think the Halloween parade was anything to write home about and if I was a kid and had to trick or treat in the MK I'd be very upset. The tiniest pieces of candy ever. I know they have lots of bags to fill, but we're paying extra too. Good thing my ds doesn't have my sweet tooth.

The Christmas Parade is sooooo worth it. I really love that parade.

I sort of thought during the MSSHP there would be more costumes (especially on some adults). My ds was 3 and his cousin (also 3) were dressed as Mary Poppins and Burt. Do you know how many CM asked who they were? For shame.

If you're looking for candy and cookies, skip it.

If you're looking for short lines--go for it.

I think it's what you make of it.

We are going Oct 12th, we are looking forward to it. BTW, we live in TN and Oct 9-13 is our fall break. Our school system has never done a fall break, and I have heard several people talking of taking a vacation for that week, so be for warned!!!!!! :banana:

We attended MNSSHP 10/31/02 and are going again this Halloween night. Our kids got TONS of candy. CM's were passing out those big chocolate wonder balls that you crack open and small hard candies fall out. They had so much that we passed candy out at our resort because there was no way we would ever eat all of it. I did not feel the crowds were excessive. Space Mountain was the longest line and that was about a 15 minute wait. Much better than the 40 minute wait earlier that day. Most of the other attractions had less than a 5 minute wait. The only big crowd was for the parade. We were near LTT so I think this year we may move closer to the start or the end of the parade. I heard the crowd wasn't as bad there.

Have fun! I think you will enjoy the party :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter