How Many Points for Disney Cruise?

MTMom

Disney Addict
The Point Calculator doesn't have the option to see how many points a Disney Cruise is - does anyone know or can they direct me to a site w/that info? Also, what category of room do you get, or is it determined by the number of points you have?

There is a points chart for the cruise on the Member page of the DVC website. www.disneyvacationclub.com You don't mention whether you are currently a member or not, but you will need the member password to access that part of the site.

Hope this helps.

Michele

No, I'm not a member of the DVC (yet!) but we are avid Disney Cruisers. I really want to get an idea about how many points a cruise will be. Do you have any idea where this info might be available, other than the members-only site.

I'll give you a sample of how many points it takes.

Regular Season Category 6 (per person)
3 night cruise 133 points
4 night cruise 150
7 night cruise 211

Hope this helps.

Lloyd
:cool:

Yes, thank you very much. It wasn't quite as much as I was expecting.

I don't know if it is posted anywhere else, but here is a sampling for 2002:

Value Season 3-day (Non-holiday winter and Fall) total points for 2 people:

Cat 4: 278
Cat 5: 228
Cat 6: 214
Cat 7: 202
Cat 8: 188
Cat 9: 176
Cat 10: 150
Cat 11: 136

Regular Season 3-day (everything else except Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas):
4: 330
5: 278
6: 266
7: 252
8: 228
9: 214
10: 188
11: 176

Value 4 day:
4: 304
5: 252
6: 240
7: 228
8: 214
9: 202
10: 176
11: 162

Value 7 day (Eastern Carib)
4: 474
5: 396
6: 370
7: 344
8: 318
9: 304
10: 266
11: 252

We have two kids, 8 and 5. We all stay in the same stateroom. Do you know how many points additional that they would be?

I don't have my point chart handy, but a lot of people find it better to pay cash for children (and you can split the reservation like this).

If you figure the retail value of your points at $8 to $10 per point, then that might give you a comparison for the cash cost of the cruise.

Personally, we don't use our points for cruising - I think the point costs for a cruise are way to high when compred to the cash costs (especially in the fall when we seem to be cruising), and we'd much rather use our points for accomodations. However, everyone is different, so your milage may vary.

Certainly you need to keep in mind the general "rule of thumb" that you get the most value for your points when you are staying at a DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter