How many of you tent camp at FW?

Tink561

DIS Veteran
We visited Fort Wilderness a few years ago and loved it. We met and stayed with my parents in the big RV, now my husband wants to go and tent camp. I'm not sure about that, LOL:eek:

I'm more a monorail resort girl and my dh is more a camping guy. I'd like to hear how you like it. Any tips?

Thanks!

We always went tent camping until the children came along. Strollers, diapers, bottles and pack and plays just didn't work well camping. We now get a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, but when the kids are older, no reason to not go back to the tent. We have all of the gear and it's really fun once you get into the swing of it. Good luck if you decide to try it!

:Pinkbounc We love tent camping at FW!! Just make sure you have some important essentials to make yourselves more comfortable: air mattress is a MUST, screen tent to put over the picnic table area to keep rain & bugs out, we use sheets & blankets instead of sleeping bags because they're more comfortable and easier to pack, fan on hot nights, tent heater for cold nights.

Don't worry! You'll have a wonderful time! FW is definitely NOT roughing it! LOL!

I always tent camp at Ft. Wilderness!!! Love it!! And you are definitely not roughing it!!

Best showerhouses in the country near your campsite. Water and electric right at your campsite. Really fun place to be!!!

Carol

We have tent camped many times at FW. We have an RV but when taking our Children or Gchildren, we use a tent, as well. My DH and I and atleast one GChild use the tent. We love to look out at night. Just remember to take a fan for those warm/hot nights. Can't say that I have ever had this problem at Disney, but we have a small air heater for cold nights, too.
You should love it. Oh, remember to close your windows when you leave for the parks, it tends to rain/sprinkle/shower daily and it is easier to cool off the closed tent than to dry out the wet tent.

I tend to disagree with closing your tent while at the parks.

In order to be the most comfortable, your tent should be one where you can leave the windows open and still not rain in. Your rainfly should extend past the front door and rear window.

No matter what time of year, it is humid in WDW and you need to keep as much air flow in your tent as possilbe to keep everything dry. When you sleep in your tent, you create lots of moisture, and that moisture needs to escape.

I would even recommend bringing a small fan and let it run to allow air to circulate during the day.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter