How Many Cross Stitchers Here?

Brutie

Earning My Ears<br><font color=purple>I've been st
I just found this board and figured I'd be the only cross stitcher here. I opened this forum up to see several threads on the first page with xs in the title. I'm so excited, how many of us stitchers are out there?

I've been stitching for around 20 years I reckon now.

It is one of the few "craft" type things I am Good at

I love crossstitch

Add me!
I've been a cross stitcher for many years now, probably over 25 for sure! I have been doing needlework of all kinds since I was a teenager. And I even "taught" needlework at home parties a long time ago! Cross stitch is my favorite!
Paula

I taught myself how to cross stitch when I was 12 and have loved it ever since. 25 years later. Unfortunately, I have less time nowadays to sit and stitch due to a hectic job. But, its just like riding a bike, right?

I love to cross stitch...I've completed & professionally framed about 30 pieces.

I don't do it anymore because I would want to frame each & every piece & there is just nowhere to put them anymore. We have some hanging at home, but I don't want them everywhere.

We have framed pieces stacked up in our closet against a wall. DH has even taken some to his frame shop to sell. (I've never asked him if they sold or not, hmmmm).

So, I loved doing it...just haven't done it in a while.
The last piece I stitched was DD11's birthrecord when she was born.

My first 3 pieces or so were stamped cross stitch.
Then I began counted cross stitch...I liked that much better!

I cross stitch, too .... my current project is the Cinderella Castle w/Tink. I've been working on it (off and on) for over 5 years, LOL!! I'm determined to finish it this time and I'm sooooo close I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's the biggest project I've ever done and I can hardly wait to frame and hang it! ;)

I have been cross-stitching since I was eight years old. I love watching my pieces slowly come to life and I love looking at my many, many colors of floss, beads, and shiny threads. It is like looking at a treasure box. :) Right now I am in love with patterns by Mirabilia, but I also like Theresa Wentzler's fantasy patterns. Currently I am working on "The Pecking Order" by Marjolin Bastin.

me me me! I taught myself to cross stitch in college. I had done stamped cross stitch before then, but IMHO, stamped is MUCH harder than counted.

Right now I'm almost finished with a Suzy Zoo birth announcement for my neighbor's baby. :)

Here's a couple of things I recently finished that I had uploaded to photobucket for various reasons....

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

And here is a picture of Scoopie (our cruise group mascot) working on the Suzy Zoo piece--although it's MUCH more done than the picture shows!

IMG_2561.jpg

I'm a cross stitcher too. I just started a Disney pattern I made myself. I have a program where you can insert a picture and it will turn it into a counted cross stitch pattern. I am really excited, but it's pretty big so it will probably take me a long time. It's nice to see that there are a lot of cross stitchers on here.

My grandmother taught me to cross stitch when I was about eight. I don't know how many pieces I have done over the years, I keep giving them all away! I swore when we bought our last house that I would stitch only for me for five years...I haven't finished much since then. Evidently, I need the motivation of gift giving to be productive!

Me too! I've been stitching around 25 years! Just wish I had more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter