How long will they hold your Res.

oylerfam1

Mouseketeer
So I snagged a res. for Artist Point on New Year’s Day. Our daughter is performing in Disney Springs that day and we may be pushing making on time. I will keep trying to get a later time but, long will they hold your res?

So I snagged a res. for Artist Point on New Year’s Day. Our daughter is performing in Disney Springs that day and we may be pushing making on time. I will keep trying to get a later time but, long will they hold your res?
The official rule is 15 minutes.
Are you planning on using WDW transportation, MinnieVan or Lyft/Uber?
Normally I would say you would probably be fine, but because it's a VERY busy holiday, I wouldn't risk it,
Imho.

Last edited:
Was planning on using WDW transportation. How does the Minnie van work? They are new since our last visit.

I think it depends on the restaurant and the popularity. We showed up 40 minutes late to Homecomin' in October and we just had to wait a little bit for a table.

A place like AP, especially on one of the busiest days of the year, will probably not wait longer that 15 minutes, if I had to guess.

I agree with the PP who suggested getting your own transportation.

The official rule is 15 minutes.
Are you planning on using WDW transportation, MinnieVan or Lyft/Uber?
Normally I would say you would probe fine, but because it's a VERY busy holiday, I wouldn't risk it,
Imho.
There is NO” Offical Rule”. As @TheRustyScupper states - You are expected to make your ADR like any other Appointment.

On a holiday like that you need to leave extra time to make it to your ADR. The parks and roads will be very busy! So if you are already thinking you will be late, that is not good at all. I guess you have to decide what level of risk you are comfortable with. If you make it late, they may seat you on time. They may seat you with a wait. Or they may tell you you missed your time and keep your per person fee as you were a no show.

I will say with a popular restaurant on a holiday, I wouldn't be comfortable with what you are planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter