How long will they hold your Res.

oylerfam1

Mouseketeer
So I snagged a res. for Artist Point on New Year’s Day. Our daughter is performing in Disney Springs that day and we may be pushing making on time. I will keep trying to get a later time but, long will they hold your res?

ConnecticutNonna

DIS Veteran
So I snagged a res. for Artist Point on New Year’s Day. Our daughter is performing in Disney Springs that day and we may be pushing making on time. I will keep trying to get a later time but, long will they hold your res?
The official rule is 15 minutes.
Are you planning on using WDW transportation, MinnieVan or Lyft/Uber?
Normally I would say you would probably be fine, but because it's a VERY busy holiday, I wouldn't risk it,
Imho.

Last edited:

oylerfam1

Mouseketeer
Was planning on using WDW transportation. How does the Minnie van work? They are new since our last visit.

• buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
    I think it depends on the restaurant and the popularity. We showed up 40 minutes late to Homecomin' in October and we just had to wait a little bit for a table.

A place like AP, especially on one of the busiest days of the year, will probably not wait longer that 15 minutes, if I had to guess.

I agree with the PP who suggested getting your own transportation.

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    The official rule is 15 minutes.
    Are you planning on using WDW transportation, MinnieVan or Lyft/Uber?
    Normally I would say you would probe fine, but because it's a VERY busy holiday, I wouldn't risk it,
    Imho.
    There is NO” Offical Rule”. As @TheRustyScupper states - You are expected to make your ADR like any other Appointment.

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
    On a holiday like that you need to leave extra time to make it to your ADR. The parks and roads will be very busy! So if you are already thinking you will be late, that is not good at all. I guess you have to decide what level of risk you are comfortable with. If you make it late, they may seat you on time. They may seat you with a wait. Or they may tell you you missed your time and keep your per person fee as you were a no show.

I will say with a popular restaurant on a holiday, I wouldn't be comfortable with what you are planning.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Disney World Restaurant Menus Disney World Rehabs and Closings

DINING AT WDW

THEME PARK HOURS
    MINI DINING REVIEWS

THEME PARK MAPS

DIS PODCASTS