How long for points to appear in new resale contract?

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
Hi just wondering how long before I will see my new points loaded on the DVC Member site...the new contract has been there since Tuesday 6/5 but still no points! I guess I'm just being impatient???

On our latest purchase, the Deed was recorded on: 5/24, Membership visible in dashboard: 6/3 (A Sunday), Points in Account: 6/5

It took almost 2 weeks after the deed was recorded for my contract to appear in my dashboard and then another 4 working days for the points to be loaded.

Hi just wondering how long before I will see my new points loaded on the DVC Member site...the new contract has been there since Tuesday 6/5 but still no points! I guess I'm just being impatient???
3.5 wks for us between contract added & pts. & that was only b/c I was persistent.

We recently completed a purchase on the direct secondary market for a BLT contract, to add to the DVC points we already have, at another resort. We went through the whole process of ROFR, Notarization of Signatures, Closing, Fees Paid, etc. Last thing we got from our timeshare realtor said, "Your purchase of the BLT contract is complete. We will now submit the completed sale documents to the State of Florida to Record the deed, and to Disney. This might take 2 to 6 weeks."

Wow. It takes so long? I have already been working on this for 2 months.

So, my questions are:

1. First of all how long does it usually take Florida to record this? Will it really take up to 6 weeks?

2. How long will it take Disney? Do they wait until it is recorded by Florida, if they do anything? Or will they begin to act on the information they have?

3. Third question, when will we be able to use the points? Will it be immediately, once the deed is recorded by Florida? Or will it be immediately, once Disney acknowledges the sale? Or will both of those things happen, and then we will still need to wait until Disney does something else?

From reading this thread, it appears that we really do have an additional wait in store, perhaps 2 weeks for Florida then an additional 2 to 3 weeks for Disney. Is that right?

Thanks for any info. Our previous DVC ownership has all been purchased direct from Disney. Once I said 'Yes,' it took just a day or two. It doesn't seem like they took any time at all to record the deed in Florida or do anything else.

We recently completed a purchase on the direct secondary market for a BLT contract, to add to the DVC points we already have, at another resort. We went through the whole process of ROFR, Notarization of Signatures, Closing, Fees Paid, etc. Last thing we got from our timeshare realtor said, "Your purchase of the BLT contract is complete. We will now submit the completed sale documents to the State of Florida to Record the deed, and to Disney. This might take 2 to 6 weeks."

So, my questions are:

1. First of all how long does it usually take Florida to record this? Will it really take up to 6 weeks?

2. How long will it take Disney? Do they wait until it is recorded by Florida, if they do anything? Or will they begin to act on the information they have?

3. Third question, when will we be able to use the points? Will it be immediately, once the deed is recorded by Florida? Or will it be immediately, once Disney acknowledges the sale? Or will both of those things happen, and then we will still need to wait until Disney does something else?

From reading this thread, it appears that we really do have an additional wait in store, perhaps 2 weeks for Florida then an additional 2 to 3 weeks for Disney. Is that right?

Thanks for any info. Our previous DVC ownership has all been purchased direct from Disney. Once I said 'Yes,' it took just a day or two. It doesn't seem like they took any time at all to record the deed in Florida or do anything else.
I'm not sure why your deed has been "sent to the state of Florida" for recording. A BLT deed should be recorded by the Ocean County comptroller. My recent resale purchase was recorded the same day that I got the email from my broker.

Disney then took 7 business days to add the contract to my membership but with zero points.

Three days later, the points were in my account.

So, my questions are:

1. Our contracts were usually recorded within a few days of being submitted to the Orange County Comptroller. You can check their site to see when it was recorded. http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearchPOST.jsp Enter your name in the either party area.
2. Disney cannot do anything with points until the title is recorded.
3. It varies. Our first contract took about 2 weeks for the points to show up in our account after the title was recorded. The second contract was about a week. You can use the points as soon as they show up in your acount.

Do you have a DVC account or is this your first purchase? If it your first purchase, you will need to wait to get your membership Id and login information before you can set up your DVC account and use the points. After that, its easy.

Good luck and enjoy once the process is over.

I'm not sure why your deed has been "sent to the state of Florida" for recording. A BLT deed should be recorded by the Ocean County comptroller. My recent resale purchase was recorded the same day that I got the email from my broker.

Disney then took 7 business days to add the contract to my membership but with zero points.

Three days later, the points were in my account.

Orange County is what I think you meant.

:earsboy: Bill

Things change over time, but in my experience, the deed gets recorded within just a few days. I suppose it depends on where your title company is located, but since most of the ones used by the reputable brokers are near WDW, three business days is pretty common. Points should be available in the account after about 10 business days. If it’s your first account, you’ll have to wait to get your membership number in the mail, and then you can call in and set up your online access.

The average time from offer to points is in the 75-90 day range, so your experience isn’t out of line yet.

Things change over time, but in my experience, the deed gets recorded within just a few days. I suppose it depends on where your title company is located, but since most of the ones used by the reputable brokers are near WDW, three business days is pretty common. Points should be available in the account after about 10 business days. If it’s your first account, you’ll have to wait to get your membership number in the mail, and then you can call in and set up your online access.

The average time from offer to points is in the 75-90 day range, so your experience isn’t out of line yet.
Will points show up on a weekend??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!