How long did you know your spouse - partner before you married/moved in together?

How long did you know your spouse - partner?

• Up to 1 yr

• 1-2 yrs

• 2-3 yrs

• 3-5 yrs

• 5-10yrs

• over 10 yrs

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Charlotte ~08

Mouseketeer
I dated my husband for around 2 yrs. We both had property, so I moved into his apartment as I sold my home first, when the sale on his home was finalised after about 4 mths, we moved into our first home.

I knew him for a year before I dated him, dated him for about a year before he moved into my apartment formally because it was getting pretty stupid for him to pay rent on an apartment across town that he was almost never at. :rotfl: We were married a little over a year after that, while still living in "my" apartment, then bought our first home four months later.

It was probably 10 years, possibly a little more. She used to be the babysitter when my kids were little. It was years later and after I was divorced that we even took an interest in each other.

We dated 5 1/2 years before we got married. Of course we met when we were seniors in HS. I thought it was important that I have my degree before we got married, and then he was in the army for a year. So although we've only been married 22 years, we've known each other 28 years this coming November.
Robin M.

it was hard to answer "married/moved in together"

We moved in together after about 9 months and were married about 6 months later

We're an E-Harmony success story!

We were matched in August & married the following March.
It's been 5 1/2 wonderful years!

"Pixiedustforever" pixiedust:

I met my DH in Sept of 2000. We got married in July of 2002. I came back from college at the end of May 2002 and moved in with him then until our wedding day. It's been six wonderful years so far. :goodvibes

Me and DH were going to elope to Fiji after only dating for about a month....
but because he has strong ties to his family, I didn't want to deprive them of being there on his wedding day....
So we waited...
We were married after only knowing each other for 6 months.
This July 27 will be 17 Years Together :lovestruc - married for 16 and a half years
Oh, and I got pregnant on my honeymoon - I'm telling ya, that Was Not Planned!!! I barely knew the guy and now I'm having a baby? It took a while to adjust to moving 45 miles away from home, friends and family, leaving my career (to have a baby) and trying to fit in my new surroundings. Would I do it again? Definitely :cutie:

When I met hubby, I had a feeling that he was it. We met in May, had sleepovers from October through May of the next year and moved into our renovated home that May also.

From the time we met, we were married 3 years and 5 months later and I love him more every day!

Only about 6 months, but we already knew we were getting married. He was sharing an apartment with his brother. BIL decided to move his girlfriend in without telling DH, but still expected DH to pay 1/2 of the bills. DH was also supposed to let her have full control of the apartment (what groceries were bought, what shows to watch on tv, who could visit) even though she contributed nothing monetarily to the living expenses. DH moved in with me and my roommates as soon as his part of the lease was up; my roommates loved the idea of splitting the bills 4 ways, and he was over at my place 95% of the time anyway. We got married a few years later when our military schedules allowed us the time off.

DH and I met on Dec. 30, 2001. We had our first date on Feb. 14, 2002 and he moved in on Feb. 16, 2002. We got married Oct. 12, 2006. We had no problem moving in together but it took us 4 1/2 years to get married.:lmao:

That's actually a fairly difficult question to answer. I picked 2-3, but in reality:

I knew my husband 1.5 years before we started dating.

About 4 months after we started dating we started basically spending the night at each other's location almost all the time, though not officially living together.

A year later we moved in together.

Three years later we were married.

We met in late 1998 (don't remember when exactly), started dating in early January 1999, got engaged April 2000, and I moved in with him in December 2000. We worked pretty fast, and then slowed down considerably -- we didn't get married until the end of March 2003. We're going on 5½ years married and we still haven't had a baby! :laughing: Our friends and families are starting to get pretty impatient.

DH and I met in October of 1993.(we worked together at The Gap) We started dating in February 1994. I was living with my parents(I was 19) and he moved in with us in March of 1994! He and I moved into our own place a year later. We then married in July 1997.

Started dating April 1999, he moved in two months later, got engaged in August 1999 - married November 2000. Two kids and almost 8 years later - all is good! So many people gave us a hard time because we "didn't know each other well enough" - I don't buy into that. Back in my parents day people met and got married within weeks or months and most (if not all) have celebrated 50th anniversaries.

my DH and I lived together for quite a while before we were married. We met in Feb of 2002 and were moved in together by August of that year. Then we got married in October of 2005. as far as the waiting that long to get married, it was so that I could finish college(I graduated in Dec. 2004) and then have time to plan, etc. I think the living together that long really gave us a good chance to see how each other was on a day to day basis and understand if we could live with each other for the rest of our lives...I knew very early on, that I could and so did he!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter