How Is October?

Well, for us with the Peter Pan ride being down pretty much the entire month of October this year, not good. :sad2: We are thinking of cancelling as that is the one ride that pretty much is WDW for us- it's the only ride that would even remotely have us thinking about actual cancellation. Other than that, I'm in your boat- we've gone during the Holiday season the last 5 years and loved it. I have been assured by at least 2 sets of friends who have each had multiple October trips in the last 5 years, that October is wonderful and the best time of the year to go.

We are not planning on going until 2014 so Peter Pan won't be an issue... That is one of may favorite rides. Out of curiosity what are they planning for it?

We are not planning on going until 2014 so Peter Pan won't be an issue... That is one of may favorite rides. Out of curiosity what are they planning for it?

The rumor (and I think probably a true one), is that the plan for New Fantasyland has always been that once the "Rapunzel" bathrooms are open, which they now are, they were going to close the bathrooms next to Peter Pan, and then redo the Peter Pan queque using that space, likely also making it into an interactive queque like they have done with Pooh and Haunted Mansion.

I've been reading over the comments, they have me a little worried.. We are taking our daughter and her best friend to F&W on Oct. 20th. Epcot is her favorite park and we thought it would be perfect for her Sweet 16th! But the 20th is a Sunday, it is the only chance we'll get to take her, but with the comments about weekends I'm worried. Will a Sunday be really bad?:confused3

I've only been once in October and that was last year. I went during Columbus Day weekend. The crowds were manageable and for the most part, we were able to walk right onto the rides.:cheer2::grouphug:

I've been reading over the comments, they have me a little worried.. We are taking our daughter and her best friend to F&W on Oct. 20th. Epcot is her favorite park and we thought it would be perfect for her Sweet 16th! But the 20th is a Sunday, it is the only chance we'll get to take her, but with the comments about weekends I'm worried. Will a Sunday be really bad?:confused3

Friday and Saturday will be the worst. Sunday won't be as bad. I'd get there before World Showcase opens and visit New World first, then head on over. I think you'll be fine.

So glad to hear all these great reviews about October. We are taking out 1st trip the 1st weekend in October. Just hope the rain stays away.

So glad to hear all these great reviews about October. We are taking out 1st trip the 1st weekend in October. Just hope the rain stays away.

No worries - have been to WDW almost every Oct since 1996 - beautiful weather - very low averages for rainfall.

My absolutely favorite time of year to visit - two months to go! Excitement is starting to build for DH and I!

This will be our first trip during October as well, visiting Oct 3-8th. I'm so excited to see the Halloween decorations. I hope it's not too hot, we are so use to traveling during cooler months. :goodvibes

Hello,

We went the first two weeks of Oct. last year! The weather was warm and sunny. We did swim. The two things I noticed were it got dark a little earlier then when we have been there in the past (Apr/May). Second it did rain every afternoon, the rain did not last. We enjoyed our trip in Oct!!!!! The decorations were beautiful! We went on a cruise with Disney as well. We did not get to go to MNSSHP, so that is a plan for this year! :goodvibes We are going the last two weeks this year! :wizard:

This will be our first trip during October as well, visiting Oct 3-8th. I'm so excited to see the Halloween decorations. I hope it's not too hot, we are so use to traveling during cooler months. :goodvibes

We will be there during the same time Oct 3-9th:cool1:...looking forward to being in Oct as it has been many years since we have gone during this time:) Can't wait!!!!:cool1:

Our trip last year was from 10-10 to 10-20. It was warm (mid 80's) and sunny every day. Never saw any rain during the 10 days we were there.

No worries - have been to WDW almost every Oct since 1996 - beautiful weather - very low averages for rainfall.

My absolutely favorite time of year to visit - two months to go! Excitement is starting to build for DH and I!

Glad to hear... Going to purchase rain gear just in case.. :cool1:

I'll be there that Sunday also! After braving the Saturday the day before :scared1:. Part of a quick weekend trip to Epcot F&W only for those two days. No matter what, I'm sure we will all do our best to make the best out of whatever is dealt to us crowd wise :banana:

I love both. So hard to decide. I say try it out. It's so much fun to see the halloween decorations at MK and enjoy F&W. The weather is milder that summer.

I'm so exited to go to my first MNSSHP this time around!

My wife and I will be there from the 16th through the 28th. I am hoping that we don't see any rain or hurricanes.

another question: I already asked about the 10/20 for F&W, now tell me if your think I'm crazy for thinking about going on the 19th(a Sat.) instead so we can go to MNSSH on the 20th??:confused3

We LOVE going in October!

The weather is beautiful - crowds are manageable (except weekends at Epcot for F&WF as other posters have mentioned) - MNSSHP is fun - F&WF is deeelish!

We'll be back Oct 19-25 and can't wait!!

another question: I already asked about the 10/20 for F&W, now tell me if your think I'm crazy for thinking about going on the 19th(a Sat.) instead so we can go to MNSSH on the 20th??:confused3

Not to freak you out but .... I took this picture last year around 2pm on October 28 which was a Sunday. Fridays & Saturdays are at least as crowded as this.....usually worse. If Saturday is the only day you can go get to WS right when it opens at 11am.

(BTW - My DD just turned 16 on August 22. Happy Birthday to your DD!!)

7ff8dfac-d117-4574-b229-10d5ce07c64a_zps3ce008b2.jpg

Not to freak you out but .... I took this picture last year around 2pm on October 28 which was a Sunday. Fridays & Saturdays are at least as crowded as this.....usually worse. If Saturday is the only day you can go get to WS right when it opens at 11am.

7ff8dfac-d117-4574-b229-10d5ce07c64a_zps3ce008b2.jpg

:scared1:okey doke, that just helped me make my decision.. will stick to the original plan of Sunday, no MNSSH this year...
that pic is down right scary, in all my years of going, never, I mean never have I been to Epcot when it was that crowded..
thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter