How high does SOAR'N go? - TR for a short Feb. Trip

We also discovered the joy of Schofferhofer at Disney. Love it as a summer refresher and brings back many memories.
Enjoying your TR, thanks for sharing.

I do however want to try a couple new restaurants and we still haven't done the make your own treats at Goofy's! Something else that didn't get done last Nov. so I'll try to do on our next family trip.
I know! All of the restaurants in DS is killing me! I think the Sept. trip might be too short to schedule one in. But maybe next February! And I really want to do another make your own treat, if they are a snack credit. Seems like a great use of a credit.

That stinks that the lifeguard made Morgan leave the splash area :mad: It didn't look crowded at all and what's a quarter inch??? He couldn't let her stay in with her sister??? I understand enforcing the rule if it's a child who is WAY over the age/size limit or is causing problems but c'mon. At least you all had fun in the main pool :)
I was a little annoyed. At the time there was one toddler in there, But he/she was just running around and the girls were not over powering him/her in any way. And seriously, she was so close. I joked with Morgan later that it was the first time in her life that she was too tall for something! I am only 5'1" and pretty sure Morgan is on track for about that. I told her she should have been happy she was too tall. But it was probably a good think, I don't know if Morgan would have tried the "big" slides otherwise. And she did love them, and really they were probably more fun.

We also discovered the joy of Schofferhofer at Disney. Love it as a summer refresher and brings back many memories.
Enjoying your TR, thanks for sharing.
Welcome!!! :welcome: We do love it! Even DH! Especially on a hot day in the park! I try not to drink it too much. I don't want to ruin the "magic"

Joining in! Sounds like y'all had a great start to your trip!

I know what you mean! This last trip was my 10th, and I'm still finding things that are firsts for me! :)

:welcome: We did have a good start!

How High!?!

So, when we started planning this mini-trip. We asked the girls what parks they would want to go to if they could go only 2 days. They said Magic Kingdom immediately. (Kind of a given... ) And then they thought about it... Finally they answered EPCOT! There reasons, you ask?
  • We had yet to rid SOARIN'
  • Frozen Ever After was open!
  • Crepes in France!
Yup, food was one of the reasons! :confused3 Even more interestingly, (well to us at least) was it might be one of the parks we have spent the least amount of time in. It worked for us, Hollywood Studios we figured was quickly becoming a mess and Animal Kingdom wasn't going to be done yet. So, EPCOT it was for today.

So, we woke up 6:30 - 7:00. Gwen watched some Stacy while we all got dressed.
A little Stacy.jpg

I didn't take a picture of it, but I left out a Hidden Mickey book for the girls from "Tinkerbell" for today's gift. They thought this was pretty cool and asked to bring it with us today. Always good, when your plan works! :thumbsup2

I wanted to be there at RD. We had fast passes for Frozen Ever After and 2 other things that didn't really matter... Since we were in Barbados and what felt like miles away from the main building, we opted to snack on what we had in the room and just go. We were SUPER close to the bus stop!

We got down there, and the sign said 15 minutes for a bus. Not great but not terrible. Then it went up to 20 minutes and 25... Sigh. The bus eventually did come and were able to get seats. We made it to EPCOT before Rope Drop, so all was well. We made it through security fairly easily. It was our first time with no stroller!

The plan was to hit SOARIN' first. We hadn't ridden it yet and was def the top of our to-do list. So, we walked directly over that way. We hadn't even been IN the Land Pavillion!

Wait was posted at 15 minutes. So, in we went. The wait was probably that. Now, if you remember Morgan didn't want to climb on the roof for oranges. Well, in line, Morgan started to try and chicken out. She kept asking how high it went. I said that I didn't know but it couldn't go THAT high.... right? Thankfully, she didn't really try to bale out. We scored the front row off to the far-ish left.

We were ready for take off!
SOARIN.jpg

We loved it! Now, we don't have anything to compare it to. The bending of some of the buildings does take away from the feeling of really flying. But still really cool. We all loved it! (Even Morgan) I think at first she was NOT liking it, because you do get up "high-ish".

After the ride, I suggested grabbing something to eat. So, we grabbed (2) chocolate croissants and a plain croissant. DH opted for nothing. We had potty breaks and then I suggest we get in inline for Joy and Sadness. The girls wanted to do Test Track. So I looked up the wait time. It wasn't running. So, I convinced everyone to get in line for Joy and Sadness. I knew the line would only get worse as the day went on.

Ok, I am stopping here. I don't know if it is the boards or my computer or what but it is making typing hard! It keeps stopping mid sentence. Grrrr. But up next Joy & Sadness!!!

Last edited:

What Emotion are you now?

I left off with us heading to meet Joy & Sadness. The line wasn't that bad but the CM said it would be about 30 minutes. I knew it would only get worse, so we got in line. The girls & I finished our breakfast in line and waited. The line moved ok. To help pass the time, I had the girls pose in the different modes from the movie. Ready for some amazing acting ability by one of my children and not so much by the other....

ANGER!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Waiting Anger.jpg

Disgust!!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Waiting_Disgust.jpg

FEAR!!! :worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:
Waiting_Fear.jpg

Happy!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Waiting_Joy.jpg

Sadness :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Waiting_Sadness.jpg

I know, you guys can hardly believe the talent they have. Morgan looks the same in half of them. They had fun doing it. And it killed some time.

Eventually it was our turn to meet them. Once we got up and waited, I saw why it was taking so long. They really took there time with each set of guests. Which was nice! They let the next set of guest kind of peak in and watch the group before you.

Soon, we were doing this!
Sadness_Gwen.jpg

We have a big autograph book that we used for the first couple trips. I love it!!! But it is heavy and I stupidly got one for each of them. So, we smartened up and just printed the pages we needed this trip and put them in a binder to carry. MUCH lighter! I will find a couple pics of the book and the pages we did this trip.

Here Joy and Sadness are signing the page. Joy made a big to do about having there own page. And then showed it to sadness, who was super excited (but not really) for her being on the page as well. I Loved that Sadness signed her page suuuuuppppeer slllllooooowwwww. It was funny.
Sadness Sighning.jpg

After they were done signing the page, Joy had a little fun giving it back to me.
Joy_Me.jpg
I like that you family waiting to go next is laughing in the background. The family before us, she did the whole here it is... wait nope, here it is... Pull it away give it back routine.

Then it was time for the real photo. First we looked Sad...
Joy_Sadness_Sad.jpg

And then HAPPY!!!
Joy_Saness_Joy.jpg

It was a nice little meet! They def take there time with each group of folks and don't make you feel rushed at all. I highly recommend if you like the movie.

After we were done, the girls wanted to do Test Track. It was up and running but had a long wait from either not opening up right away or being down. Either way, I suggested we go ride The Seas with Nemo, since it was 5 minute wait and we were near it.

Next some fish!

Nemo, Figment, & our Future!

We headed over to The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
The Seas with Nemo.jpg
I tried to get a video of the seagulls saying 'Mine, Mine, Mine' and then we headed in.

There was no wait, really. And I know there aren't a lot of fastpass choices in EPCOT with the tiered system, but I always find it silly when there are people going in the fast pass line with barely a wait.

Morgan and Andy rode together, this ride. Not the best photo but I was using my iPhone for the pic.
Clam Shell.jpg

And Mr. Ray and his class!
Mr. Ray.jpg

The girls didn't want to do Turtle Talk with Crush, even after I mentioned that the Finding Dory characters were in it. So, we just left the pavilion. We have wondered around and looked at some of the fish and stuff in there in the past. But the girls were focused on rides today.

Once back outside, I checked Test Track AGAIN. Still a super long wait. So, I suggested Figment, again because it didn't have a wait and we were in the area. I made a fastness for Spaceship Earth on the walk over, as it did have a small wait.

We rode Figment and well, I always just ride it thinking the whole time, how they could make this into such an AMAZING ride. I really hope one day they do. I mean I am pretty sure NOTHING has changed on the ride since I was Morgan's age.

Morgan and Gwen love the ride, regardless, and it has no wait, so why not?! Right?
Figment.jpg

They do hate the Skunk smell. See, right there, they could easily add multiple smells and rotate them!!!! I mean, come on Disney, you can plus it a little bit!
Figment Skunk.jpg

After the ride, the girls always like to make there own Figments on the computers, But we never seem to get the emails. :(

We headed out. Thought about watching the Pixar Shorts but decided to just continue on. We cut through a building, I have no idea which building it was... But we stopped for a bathroom break for Morgan. While we waited Gwen saw these foreign things and naturally posed like this!
Public Phone.jpg
Too funny. She is a natural. I did have to tell her it was a phone! Kids these days...

We were heading over to Spaceship Earth as our Fastpasses were almost ready to be used. We saw this lovely topiary on the way.
Figment Topiary.jpg

We got over to Spaceship Earth and there was in fact a line for the ride. So, score one for mama for grabbing one. That is the other thing, there were plenty of fast passes for it, All those people in line could have tried and grabbed one. Odd. Any rate, we got in line and made our way on the ride. The CM loading everyone in, mentioned that the girls could ride together in the front of the car if they wanted. OMG, the girls were sooooo excited for this.
Spaceship Earth.jpg

They rode together and DH and I sat behind them together. It was kind of weird.. We are always divided up. I tried to get some good pics of there future by my phone didn't do well in the low light. But Spaceship Earth is always fun. And the girls love it!!

They always play the driving game that they have after the ride. I find if so funny, because the first time they did it, they couldn't finish it because they were so bad at it. But we know are the owners of Disney Infinity and a Wii U and there skills have improved. That game now seems silly. But they liked it.

Test Track STILL had a long wait and I couldn't try and grab a fast pass for it yet, as our Frozen Ever After Fast Passes weren't till later. So, we headed toward the World Showcase for lunch!

Reactions: DLo
Wow hown the world did he keep quiet T the end of the game? It was the the most exciting of any game I've watched. Great, calming first day. Can't wait to see if the girls continue with the we want to walk e sry day or cave and want to ride.

Ok, I am stopping here. I don't know if it is the boards or my computer or what but it is making typing hard! It keeps stopping mid sentence. Grrrr. But up next Joy & Sadness!!!
I had to quote this because I'm very happy it happens to you too lol, because it happens to me all the time. Good to know it's not just my crappy computer!

To help pass the time, I had the girls pose in the different modes from the movie
Great idea! And love the poses ;)

they could easily add multiple smells and rotate them!!!!
Another great idea! This isn't a ride I love by any means but Chis does, so we ride it at least once each trip. It's cute I guess.......

While we waited Gwen saw these foreign things and naturally posed like this!
:rotfl2: We old!

Wow hown the world did he keep quiet T the end of the game? It was the the most exciting of any game I've watched. Great, calming first day. Can't wait to see if the girls continue with the we want to walk e sry day or cave and want to ride.
He has had lot of practice. And I think he did get a little loud at the very end. I kind of woke up at the end.

What a fun M&G with Joy and Sadness! That's something that I definitely want to do on my next trip. :)
So, worth the wait! I sometimes find the non-face character meets odd sometimes but this one was a lot of fun!
I am embracing my old! ;)

Beverly Will NOT ruin our day!!!!

As we headed towards the World Showcase, we saw the Living Statues! This was the first things we noticed for the Festival of the Arts.

Morgan didn't know what to make of these...
Living Statue_Morgan.jpg

She finally see a couple of them move and we explained it to her. And she was Ok with it.
Living Statues.jpg

The guys was doing some funny things but didn't really with the girls. He did some funny photo bombing with the family before them. But stood still with the girls. Not sure if it was because they were kids or what.
Living Statue_Man.jpg

I had ONE more thing I wanted to do before actually getting into the WS. And it was yet another thing we had never done before. And that was Club Cool! It was so fun! I mean it's not anything major but just a nice little thing to do. Morgan has just starting to drink soda and seltzer water (fizzy water, as she calls it). So, she really enjoyed doing this. Gwen REFUSED to try.
Sodas.jpg

You can see Morgan's little finger pushing the dreaded Beverly button! I was a good mama and told her not to drink it. Morgan likes to let one little thing ruin an entire day. And I wasn't about to let Beverly RUIN it!

I DID let Andy try it... And people, seriously this was his face!?! What?
Beverly.jpg

Let me try that!?! ................................................................................................

I have to admit, I don't want to drink a whole bottle of it, but I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe because I drink unflavored seltzer water. It kind of reminded me of tonic water...

Morgan really liked the Fanta Melon Frosty & the Bibo. I really liked the Pineapple Soda & the Sparletta. The pineapple brings me back to my high school days when I took a trip to Bermuda with my swim team. they drank it there and I thought it was amazing. That and mayo on hamburgers. After we go our fills on weird sodas, we FINALLY headed towards the world showcase.

We crossed over to the beginning of the food booths for the World Showcase. We saw this! And the girls instantly wanted to do this. Mural_Real.jpg
Above the lady's head is the examle of what the mural would look like when it was completed. We got in line and got our colors & number assignment.

Morgan found a spot with a chunk of her assigned numbers and got to work.
Mural_Morgan.jpg

Gwen found a spot farther down.
Mural_Gwen.jpg

They took this very seriously!
Mural_Gwen_me.jpg
It was fun to be a small part of a bigger art project. Sounds silly but it was really kind of cool. Plus we are a big art family, so we really enjoyed this!Mural_Dif Angle.jpg

Morgan requested that we come back and see what it looks like at the end of the day. Which we said we would do. It was VERY hot by now, and we were getting hungry! We looked at the booths but we had something specific in mind...

Next up, Lunch!

Reactions: DLo
Joining in and all caught up! So nice that you could tack on some days at Disney after spending time with family! Your afternoon at Disney Springs sounds like it was fun, nice that you had time to appreciate it! Your Epcot day sounds like it was off to a great start! Love the pics with Joy & Sadness!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in updates! I have been pre-occupied with our next trip in September and planning and tweaking and planning again for that trip. But, I booked the package yesterday, so I am hoping to switch gears back over here to add to this TR!

Okay the paint by numbers mural is SO COOL!
It was really cool. It was cool to feel like you were apart of something bigger. The girls got a big kick out of it.

Joining in and all caught up! So nice that you could tack on some days at Disney after spending time with family! Your afternoon at Disney Springs sounds like it was fun, nice that you had time to appreciate it! Your Epcot day sounds like it was off to a great start! Love the pics with Joy & Sadness!
Joy & Sadness are def worth the wait! For sure.

We crossed over to the beginning of the food booths for the World Showcase. We saw this! And the girls instantly wanted to do this.
I really didn't look much into the whole Festival of the Arts since we weren't going to be there for it, and so I had no idea about the mural. SO cool! Even if my boys weren't interested I totally would have colored my little piece :artist: I did know about the living statues but yours are the first pictures I've seen of them. Years ago when we went to Va. Beach they had them there. I think they're neat!

But, I booked the package yesterday, so I am hoping to switch gears back over here to add to this TR!
:cheer2: Hope you were able to do it all online and didn't have to call, the waits Tues. and Wed. were ridiculously long :sad2: Unfortunately I had no choice but to stay on line for certain things for clients, hope you escaped that! Now I need to get over to your PTR to see the details!

Lunch, Hidden Mickeys & Ice Cream Martini's, Oh My!

After we finished painting our squares, I knew we needed to eat. It was getting warm and we were all hungry. The girls were already asking to go back to the hotel to swim. Which if we were here longer, we may have done. But we had only 2 days!

We devised a plan. The girls wanted crepes. I wanted to try the fish and chips from England. So, I walked ahead with the girls to France while DH pit stopped in England for the Fish and Chips. It worked out well. And we were able to grab a table right by the crepe booth.

We all ate and became in slightly better moods. The girls still wanted to go back to the resort. And I am afraid to say but we "bribed" them to continue on with ice cream and the fact that we still had fast passes for Frozen!

Morgan choose good old regular soft serve from the crepes booth. While Gwen and I went into 'Artisan des Glaces. Because I REALLY wanted to try the Ice Cream Martini. I forget who's trip report I saw it on but I knew I wanted to try it. I want to say perhaps @TheMaxRebo did?!?

Here it is! Soooooo Good. I went with Milk Chocolate and Orange Ice Cream and Grand Marnier. They scoop the ice cream/gelato into the plastic martini glass and then poor a good serving of Grand Marnier over it. My best guess is that it is a good 2 shots worth. Now, if you aren't a big fan of hard liquor this won't be for you. Because in the beginning you are basically sipping mostly grand mariner. As it melts it mixes together and becomes relish. I had to share... DH and I drank it together.

Me.jpg

Gwen choose a chocolate Macaroon Sandwich. This was perfect for her, as she isn't a much cold food gal but it was just enough. As you can tell by her face...
Gwen Chocolate Face.jpg

Oh! I forgot, before we went to get our desserts, Gwen decided she needed to go to the bathroom. So, we went into the France Gift shop/food area. And they have (1) unisex bathroom there. And who was ever in there was taking for ever. So we went to look for a different one... With no luck! I forget what I ended up doing, I must have taken her all the way down to Morocco, as it was the closest one!!!!

After everyone had a 'treat', we started making our way toward Norway. I think we stopped AGAIN at the morocco bathrooms and cleaned up after the sticky treats. Then we went into to explore Morocco.

Ugh, looking at this pic.. Morgan was waiting for the very last drips of ice cream melted so she could bit the bottom of the cone and suck it out and then eat the cone separately.:confused3
Morocco Fountain.jpg

We wondered into Morocco and a CM had just opened the doors to the Jasmine Meet N Greet area. I asked if the girls wanted to meet her. I was thinking that it would be a short wait. They said yes... so we went inside. We were only the 3rd group, so we figured it wouldn't be that long..

We checked out some of the fun items in the waiting area.

We found some magic lamps... Gwen rubbed all of them, you know just in case...
Magic Lamps.jpg

Some sketches of lamps and lanterns. Gwen ALSO tried to pickup all the things on the table...
Lamp Sketches.jpg

And I personally thought this was cool. A book with the legend of the lamp... And, if you haven't figured out the theme yet... Gwen tried to turn the pages... Book.jpg

The wait ended taking longer than we had thought. But I pulled out the hidden mickey book for them to look at while we waited. While we waited, we talked bout what the rest of the day plan was and what to do for dinner. I looked on the app to see what we could get for a counter service reservation. We decided to try Nine Dragons Restaurant. I made a 5:30 reservation, figuring we could eat and then head back to the hotel to swim.

Finally, Jasmine arrived! I think there was a Make-a-wish family or something, as they let us in and Jasmine was meeting with a family already. THIS almost put Morgan over the edge. Why did THEY get to go first. I had to quietly explain what it might be. She didn't really understand as now one looked visibly sick in the group. But I said, you just don't know what there situation is. She was ok with it once she kind of understood. Who knows, maybe they were VIPs. Who knows...

Finally it was our turn! And Jasmine, magically knew to tell the girls about the hidden mickey's in the painting.
Hidden Mickeys.jpg

I think she is pointing out Abu or something here. She also told them about a hidden mickey outside to find when they left. So, that was kind of cool, considering Tinkerbell gave them the book this morning!
Hidden Mickey 02.jpg

Here is there official photo. We hadn't met Jasmine since our very first trip. So it was nice to see her again.

Jasmine.jpg

Although, her new outfit is ok, but she looks like all the other princesses now... I know it was a little risk-y with her belly and all. But this is just not the same..

After we finished the meet. We headed out back into Morocco. We just HAD to find the Hidden Mickey that Jasmine told them about. But as usual, I can only hear part of what is being said with the girls and the character. So, I hadn't heard what where it was. But we found it!!!!
Jasmine Hidden Mickey.jpg

Up next, wind shopping in Morocco and over to Japan!!! Finally!!!

Hope you were able to do it all online and didn't have to call, the waits Tues. and Wed. were ridiculously long :sad2: Unfortunately I had no choice but to stay on line for certain things for clients, hope you escaped that!
I did do it online! The first time actually. I usually make DH call, but I gave it a try. Sounds like I made a good decision...

Lucky Owls!

I left off with finishing our Jasmine Meet. Outside of the Meet area is some of the stores. Fancy pants Gwen wanted to try on the fancy hats.. Morocco Hats.jpg
Gwen loooooved the pink one she has on. She asked if she could get it and I said yes but that would be her one thing... She opted not to get it... (probably for the best, not sure when she would actually wear it...)

Ugh, looking at that pic, my hair is a mess! Why I don't know.

Gwen found another one that she liked even more!!! Animal Print & shiny coins!!!!
Morocco Hat Gwen.jpg

Morgan thought this one was pretty silly. It did not work with her glasses! Or apparently fit her head?!?
Morocco Hat Morgan.jpg

After they had fun checking out all the goods we headed out. And I found this amazing room! I never noticed it before! It was truly beautiful. So, we took a couple photos..
The Girls.jpg

I tried to get a good one of DH with the girls as he is usually the photographer. The girls were only kind of smiling... They kept asking when we were going to Japan to get there "Lucky Owls".
Andy and the Girls.jpg

After our photoshoot, we headed out of Morocco and toward the promise land of Japan...

It was FINALLY time!!! Lucky Owl time! I had mentioned to the girls a couple weeks before about the lucky cats they had in Japan. I am not even sure why. But we looked them up online and found lucky owls as well. And they had decided that, they NEEDED them. So, this was there goal of this day. So we headed to Japan and into Mitsukoshi Department Store!

The girls were one track mind at first!
Lucky Owls.jpg
So, these turned out to be small! Like a couple inches tall. but it was nice, they were only $3.75 or something. So, I granted 'permission' to choose one lucky owl AND one other thing!

The girls weighed there options on what color vs meaning they wanted. Gwen decided on Pink, cause she likes pink and she said she wanted more friends. Morgan ended up getting a Lucky Cat keychain that was gold.
Lucky Owl Key.jpg

They then wondered around some more for there "other" thing. They both decided on these stuffs (photo to come shortly) Morgan picked one on the last trip, so she choose a different version this time.

I ended up picking out a pair of chopsticks, and a soy sauce bowls with matching chopstick rests for me and DH. We paid for our purchases and headed out. The girls were in better spirits now with new stuffies to play with. They were being such troopers with walking and all. We had made it this far, and had said to DH, there was no going back to get a stroller now.

We made it to Italy, and DH wanted to take a few photos with the Spaceship Earth behind us.

Andy was working on the settings on the camera so Morgan could take our picture. So, I posed silly with one of the new plush... Ariella.jpg

And then Morgan took our photo..
Andy and Ariella.jpg
Andy willingly purchased and wore this shirt today! In fact, he bought his first and then I (of course) had to find a shirt to go with it...

Morgan did a decent job taking our photo. Ironically this photo is Gwen using my phone to take the photo as well.... But I like that you get the act of Morgan taking the photo of us.

And then we "HAD" to get a photo of the new stuffies.
Photo Shoot Stuffies.jpg
Aren't they cute!?! They had 2 other versions... Morgan choose the bright colored one and Gwen choose the gray and white one.

Since we didn't have a stroller, I told them they had to carry them the rest of the day. Which I figured would be ok, as we were wrapping the day up.

Up next, Frozen Ever After and Dinner!

Side Note:

I got an email today from Shutterfly this morning. They are doing a promo for up to 10 free magnets. You just pay for shipping and handling. So, I went on and used the family photo with the 3 generations from this trip. I ordered 5 to give out to everyone. And it lets you do more than one layout! So I also made a magnet to give to my mom (who will be showing up in the next days events) And then one for just us. So I ordered (10) Magnets in 3 different layouts for $21 total!

***Spoiler Alert***
These photos are from our Magic Kingdom day... But I still wanted to share! I ordered 3 of these, we will keep one, I will give one to my mom, and then give the 3rd to my grandparents.
Nanna Magnet.jpg

And then this is our Magnet. I ordered 2 of these. We will keep one and I think give the other one to DH's parents.
Our Magnet.jpg

The deal is today only. So, if you read this today, Saturday. Go and get a free magnet or two! The code is on the homepage, so it isn't super secret or anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter