• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far to WL?

FredS

DIS Veteran
Beginning to lose count of times we've visited WDW, but have only briefly visited FW so have lots of questions. One of them is how far is the walk to Wilderness Lodge? Have requested loop 600 and have reserved a golf cart for the week and am trying now to work out transportation for various activities, including a lunch at Whispering Canyon at the WL. Considered just walking there, but don't know how far, if we would want to take golf cart part of the way and where we would part if we did so, or if perhaps taking our own truck would be a better idea.

If not too far, I even considered walking there to get transportation to the parks if it might end up being just as fast. Thanks for any input. :Pinkbounc

Your best bet is to drive your golf cart to the marina, park there and take the MK boat over to WL. You may have to wait a bit for the boat depending on the time of the day. You won't be able to drive your golf cart off the grounds of FW.

If you wanted to make an afternoon of it, you can rent bikes and bike over there for lunch. If you're into the walking you can always boat back or boat there and walk back (it's a pretty long walk). A round trip walk would be pretty exhausting in the middle of the day. If you chose to walk one way you can always pick up the bus to your loop once you get into the campgrounds.

There is also the option of taking the smaller boat that makes the FW-WL-CR run. They seem to come by about every 10 minutes.

Originally posted by campingcorgi
There is also the option of taking the smaller boat that makes the FW-WL-CR run. They seem to come by about every 10 minutes.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know about this. Is it posted at the marina, or is it distinctive in some way? (My only experience via boat was once from MK to FW for HDDR and I was in the throng going to and fro, not particularly noticing other boat waiting areas.)

At the marina the large boat loads to the left and the little boat loads to the right. There are signs that point the way. It is a very pleasant ride--usually only a few people--and fast, too. I think they run till either 9 or 10 p.m. You will have to fold strollers to get on this boat, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter