how far out can you rent points for dvc?

tlaw66

Mouseketeer
we are going to Disney World around XXXXX for a big trip with 8 people so I have to plan a little bit out all coming from Colorado. I was wondering how far our I can rent dvc points. never done this before so please forgive the newbie question, also we are staying at Disney for 13 says

Thanks

EDITED TO remove details

Last edited by a moderator:
An owner can't book until 11 months out assuming they own at the resort you are looking to stay at.

If it is a popular resort during a popular time, you want to secure an owner before that 11 month mark so that they can book as soon as it is available.

we are going to Disney World around xxxx for big trip with 8 people so I have to plan a little bit out all coming from Colorado.
You will also want to look for an owner with a UY (Use Year) of either June, August, or September at the Home Resort that you are looking to stay at, in case something comes up and your plans change.

Last edited by a moderator:
We rented points a few years ago when we went to Aulani. We were able to book at 11 months, but they charged more than if you wait until 7 months. For us it was worth it because it was our once in a lifetime trip and no other resorts we were interested in staying at.

Make sure you ignore any private messages offering you points or reservations to purchase. That's how some people have been scammed. Report any private messages to the moderator.

We rented points a few years ago when we went to Aulani. We were able to book at 11 months, but they charged more than if you wait until 7 months. For us it was worth it because it was our once in a lifetime trip and no other resorts we were interested in staying at.

That's because at 7 months, all points are equal. This means points from less desirable resorts can be used to book at the more desirable ones if there is still availability. For many desirable resorts, availability is limited by that timeframe, especially during popular travel times. Therefore, a premium is charged to book prior to the 7 month window opening up since the desirable resorts typically cost more to purchase.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter