How far does Forbidden Journey tip back?

I love FJ, but I will say that when we went a couple of weeks ago, my 7-year-old granddaughter, who was pretty much game to ride anything that she was tall enough for, freaked out on The Mummy. She wanted to ride it, but it was her first real (non-kiddie) roller coaster. And being in the dark, it did freak her out. After that, she would always ask if something was going to go upside down. We had not gone on FJ yet with her, and we reassured her that it didn't go upside down. However, after she had ridden it, she really liked it and wanted to go on it again, but said "but it did go upside down." That tipping back felt like upside down to her. So just a caution...

I agree. Both of us felt like the ride did tip upside down by a small amount, because you do feel your legs being actively held in by the restraints; though this is probably just a feeling.

Upside down rides=no go for me

While I found Forbidden Journey and to an extent Mummy intense partially due to motion sensitivity on Forbidden Journey I still was able to ride it and enjoyed both rides. If you have any motion issues I would suggest not eating right before..it's not that I did that but it's more like a cautionary thing..kinda of like not eating a bunch and then going swimming.

Yeah, I definitely feel like I'm upside down when I ride Forbidden Journey... even though I know I'm not, I still feel like I'm all the way upside down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter