How far are you away from Magic Kingdom?

It's always faster there!!! Its that dreadful return home.... usually the kids are tired and cranky and my DH has now become concerned on what we spend on drinks at gas stations and fast food restaurants.

A cooler in the car will help solve this, Stop at the grocery store on the way out, some drinks and a bag of ice or two, some snacks and your good to go. Publix has a nice selection of easy to manage healthy snacks over in the produce cases, you could even get subs to go, and eat a road side rest stop, and let the kids run around a bit. You can have them hold the mayo, and mustard and they will provide packages to use later on.

On your last night grab some Disney snacks and goodies for the ride home, makes it less painful. When we were living in Georgia, we always stopped at Downtown Disney or Disney Springs as it now known as.. For last minute shopping, late breakfast or early lunch, a few times we even got EOS to go... Goofy's was our last stop, we loaded up on Mickey treats, for the ride home...

Another thought and stress reliever , is to pack up pretty much everything the night before, lay out what everyone is wearing, pull the backpacks together for the kids, socks and shoes, and a few toiletries for showering, brushing your teeth whatever you need to get out the door. So just the basic's.

As far as fast food stops, maybe you could get some GC before your trip, and tuck them away, and as a surprise to your DH, pull them out and use them on the way home. Also we found that stopping to eat like somewhere middle of the road, Applebees, Longhorn, Bob Evans or some kinda local diner, worked out better, and kept the crankiness away. Getting out and eating, less stressful, and gives you time to relax before hitting the road again. Kinda keeping the vacation vibe stretched out a little bit longer.

Head phones, tablets, all fully charged will keep the peace in the car. Plus pillows and a blanket might help them get comfortable quicker.

As well for the kids, maybe something to do in the car, a little something that is new, which will hold their attention longer. Dollar tree always has some Disney coloring books, stickers, drawing tablets, books or small puzzles.

2,152 miles, or a short 32 hour drive (which Google helpfully says is "1 d 8 hr").

The optimist in me blathers on about "it helps us appreciate it more and we really cherish our visits" but that's all utter nonsense. It's way too far, and I wish that we lived about 2,151 miles closer and could spend every weekend there!

We are about 120 miles from the World. We travel the back roads to avoid the traffic on I-95 and I-4.

Nice try, fed. :rolleyes1

Nah, about 475 miles. We can drive it in 7 hours flat if everything goes our way....ie, no wrecks, no construction slowdowns, only one bathroom/fuel/meal stop.

I'm 44 miles away, equivalent to (minus any Uber Connections to/from the Lake Mary Station or Seminole Center):
  • 2 hours via SunRail & Lynx from the Lake Mary Station (35 mins to Downtown Orlando/Lynx Central Station, then about an hour or so by Lynx to the TTC, connecting with the ferryboat or monorail to Magic Kingdom)
  • 2 hours 45 mins via Lynx from Sanford Seminole Center (switching buses at Fern Park and Lynx Central Station)

2300 miles
32 hours according to Google, but we'd stop at Wall Drug for some ice cold water.
Takes about 8 hours from the parking lot of the airport to touchdown at MCO.

30 to 35 miles (depending on which way I go).
With living closer do you go more often? I really thought living 3 hours away would make me go to WDW more... but it's just like the beach I live 1 mile away but the last time we went is when family came in town... it's way too much work.

With living closer do you go more often? I really thought living 3 hours away would make me go to WDW more... but it's just like the beach I live 1 mile away but the last time we went is when family came in town... it's way too much work.
Funny how that works huh.

We had a period where we'd go to Disney or Universal at least twice a year, sometimes more just for a weekend but life (kids) got in the way. LOL

My daughter is 4 and has been to the beach twice. That's sad. I think I'm going to take her this weekend now that we are talking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter