How early do you book your cruise?

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
Hi everyone! I am new to the cruise line - how soon do you have to book your cruise? I am seeing a lot of 2004 stuff on the boards here, so am I right to figure you all book well in advance?

And are any of the 7day cruises more popular and harder to book, than others?

Thanks again for any help:)

For the best rates, we book at least a year in advance. You can always apply discounts and rebates later. Aside from our first cruise (obviously) we *always* rebook onboard for the great stateroom credit. You can always change your dates later.

We booked in November 2002 for our May 2004 cruise (I know I'm a Disney FREAK) LOL

We wanted to get a SPR I've heard about from this wonderful board:)

If we LOVE it (our first cruise) we'll rebook onboard for the Castaway Club credit:)

For our next cruise we had specific dates we wanted to go (DH B-Day and our anniversary) and a specific stateroom we wanted to be in, so we had our travel agent book it as soon as the dates became available.

On the other hand I have a friend who one day woke up and decided to take a cruise--she called DCL and booked a cruise leaving on a Sunday--this was on the Wednesday prior--and Friday she and her family got in the car and drove to Florida!

Anne

I booked our February 2004 cruise in August of 2002. The price is now $1,000 more than when I booked and it is still 6 1/2 months away. This is for Presidents week, which is a very popular time.

Robin ºOº

Ducklite, did your friend get any kind of discount? What kind of cabin was still available? Any upgrade at the port? I'd love to do this one time, off-season, but am scared to wait until the last minute for fear there wouldn't be any cabins left and that the price would be too high.

We always book a year in advance. This year we saved about $1000 on our trip. Cant wait leave this Saturday 8/2.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Harambe--glad you hopped over to this board. Be careful- it's addicting!!

We booked our April vacation 2004 4-day cruise the beginning of June of this year.

Good luck and have fun planning.......twk;)

Your early booking prices will be the lowest, so the earlier the better. That being said, when I choose to use my DVC points to cruise, it does not matter how far in advance, as the points are a fixed price. So it allows me to be a bit more spur of the moment without costing more than booking way ahead. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! I am an early booker for our Disney trips, so I'll be sure to book the cruise early!

Thanks again!

Hey TWK - DH and I & kids will be going to Mt. Blue this weekend for our yearly "week of nature" as I call it. Are you any where near here? It is such a beautiful area!

Originally posted by goodstarr
Ducklite, did your friend get any kind of discount? What kind of cabin was still available? Any upgrade at the port? I'd love to do this one time, off-season, but am scared to wait until the last minute for fear there wouldn't be any cabins left and that the price would be too high.

I'm not sure exactly what they paid or got, but I know it had a verandah. She hasn't stopped talking aout that long enough to find out much more LOL! (this was only a few weeks ago, and I've only spoken to her once very briefly since she's been back.

Anne

Originally posted by Harambe

Hey TWK - DH and I & kids will be going to Mt. Blue this weekend for our yearly "week of nature" as I call it. Are you any where near here? It is such a beautiful area!

Mt. Blue State Park? Is this north of Rumford? I'll have to pull out the Delorme map and look it up. We are located in western Maine in Oxford County. Yes, it is beautiful!! We have a full view of the White Mountains (ME/NH) from our house.

Don't forget the bug spray. The deer flies are really bad this year!! ....and a sweatshirt. This morning it is only 63. It was 58 at 6:30!! However, with that said, it will probably be hot and humid this weekend!!!

enjoy...twk

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter