How do you search the Comptroller site for purchase price?

Don’t pay those prices. Total scam. Look at less well known brokers. It makes no difference who the broker is. You could find a contract on your own without a broker. It’s the title company that matters.
Totally agree, only issue that the small broker would only have one contractor non for Aulani...I just have to wait and keep looking everyday. the big broker has like 10 contracts fully loaded but asking $137 to $161...unbelievable..

Totally agree, only issue that the small broker would only have one contractor non for Aulani...I just have to wait and keep looking everyday. the big broker has like 10 contracts fully loaded but asking $137 to $161...unbelievable..
Aulani contracts come up all the time, but the ones you can catch a good deal on usually go very quickly. I saw some listed for lower than I paid after I was already going through the ROFR process, and they were sold and removed from the sites really fast. If you have time and want to find a good deal, I suggest that you bookmark a bunch of different resale sites and check them at least a couple times a day. Hopefully you find a great price on a contract! Good luck!

Aulani contracts come up all the time, but the ones you can catch a good deal on usually go very quickly. I saw some listed for lower than I paid after I was already going through the ROFR process, and they were sold and removed from the sites really fast. If you have time and want to find a good deal, I suggest that you bookmark a bunch of different resale sites and check them at least a couple times a day. Hopefully you find a great price on a contract! Good luck!
yep, I am looking few times everyday :)

we"reofftoneverland and natty650
Thank you so much for your advice. I have been watching and finally found a really good contract and my offer was accepted signed yesterday. you were right about looking with small brokers, they are willing to work with any offer and they are nice too. One big broker was not even representing my offer to the seller, she was responding to me in few minutes to tell me "no this number I told you is firm and final" . so thank you again for all your help :) you guys are the BEST!!!!

Thank you so much for your advice. I have been watching and finally found a really good contract and my offer was accepted signed yesterday. you were right about looking with small brokers, they are willing to work with any offer and they are nice too. One big broker was not even representing my offer to the seller, she was responding to me in few minutes to tell me "no this number I told you is firm and final" . so thank you again for all your help :) you guys are the BEST!!!!
Yay! I'm so happy for you! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with the ROFR process and closing! 🤞

I had a couple questions as I am seller and holding company is buying.
I asked resale agent if this was a foreign company and actually admitted to me that it was one of their holding companies and Dis ney limits a single buyer for a specific amount to “own“ at each resort…So they are legal apparently by playing this game and Disney must be aware of it since many resale brokers / agents were former DVC guides….
Disney is the big time player because they use local Palm Legal Company to monitor and handle all foreclosures that become available…Disney will not buy foreign foreclosure owned property.

So common normal person probably does not have a chance with Disney and resellers in line first.

But it makes you wonder how the resale restrictions will play out with foreclosure process.

I had a couple questions as I am seller and holding company is buying.
I asked resale agent if this was a foreign company and actually admitted to me that it was one of their holding companies and Dis ney limits a single buyer for a specific amount to “own“ at each resort…So they are legal apparently by playing this game and Disney must be aware of it since many resale brokers / agents were former DVC guides….
Disney is the big time player because they use local Palm Legal Company to monitor and handle all foreclosures that become available…Disney will not buy foreign foreclosure owned property.

So common normal person probably does not have a chance with Disney and resellers in line first.
Yup, its a lot of work figure out the foreclosure stuff. There is an old thread on here that has a lot of good info on it. Basic summary back then (think thread was from 2019) was that typically disney or reseller bid up the contracts to close to resale pricing or more so in the end usually not worth the hassle. The major upside is there is no ROFR at that point as disney not buying it themselves is basically that. But there was also no real good way to know what back MFs were due if any and some other things that made it also hard to figure. Disney would know themselves and have complete info so basically you would be bidding and buying without having all the info when the major player does.

I assume the company you mention is the board sponsor, like i said in prior post, a company formed by them in march of this year had bought 50+ contracts since march that were all foreclosure. And now that you have found out the limit buyers, makes much more sense as to why they were doing that.

Which gets back to this, if a large portion of their listings are actually owned by them and they set high prices, they are driving up the market because they are the actual sellers and not individuals selling. They can list for what they want and then sell for that or close to it, if no offers its not really a big deal for them to let it sit, they dont have an actual seller getting antsy about their listing not selling. Hence all the complaints about people making offers and getting told no, price is firm etc. Basically acting like they are DVD selling direct but with resale contracts...

Last edited:
The idea that Disney competes for foreclosures isn't exactly correct, though they do end up buying many of them. As the one holding the judgment or the mortgage/dues in default Disney can credit bid to the amount owed without having to actually bring money to the table. They will always have a bid set to that amount but if the value is greater than what is owed then Disney is not competing with bidders. Please do not quote me on this part because I'm not certain but I think they do this just to protect their position with regards to the debt owed and possibly any claims they may have...or it's just for how they want the debt to show on the books internally.

So if you see a judgment where the amount of the judgment is greater than the market value just ignore it.....it will be purchased by the Plaintiff. If the value is greater than the judgement then it will sell 3rd Party.

There are a bunch of LLC's, some people owning multiples, some owned by people involved with the page sponsor (one really likes to buy CCV).....DVC does not seem to care, even if they are running full on travel agencies with their points and buy $1mil+/year in contracts to flip.

I tracked pricing for the past couple of years (and ongoing) and the past couple of years as well as the beginning of this year there were a lot of amazing deals. Everyone seems to say that these get run up high but people were buying contracts very cheap. There is now more competition and pricing has gone way up with the big buyers willing to pay market price it seems (likely to keep competition out). I was lucky enough to get a contract this year via judicial foreclosure and it was a great buy. The process took longer than expected but I think it was due to reduced staff somewhere along the line.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter