How do you schedule/plan a private DCL mixology or beverage seminar?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
Hey, crew! I've read about others having a private mixology/seminar for a large group and I'd like to get more information about the planning part.
  • Is there a specific extension/email address that I need to contact?
  • Does everyone pay for themselves at the event or does it need to be paid for in advance?
  • Can you specialize your event's time or beverages?
Thanks for any assistance!!

There is a specific contact address. I do not have it.

YOU have to front the payment. Used to be it went on people's bills, but no more. You have to pay it and get people to pay you.

They assign the time, which can be mayhem because it invariably conflicts with things people in your group scheduled/wanted to do, which is why the payment fronting is such a big issue now. You don't get to select from a menu of times, either, or set a preference that will be respected.

Hey, crew! I've read about others having a private mixology/seminar for a large group and I'd like to get more information about the planning part.
  • Is there a specific extension/email address that I need to contact?
  • Does everyone pay for themselves at the event or does it need to be paid for in advance?
  • Can you specialize your event's time or beverages?
Thanks for any assistance!!

DCL.Special.Request@disney.com

You might find this thread helpful - https://www.disboards.com/threads/private-mixology-class-scheduling-changes.3726055/

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This is super helpful information! :) (Just thinking aloud to myself & making a note for later, LOL: I might set up a Venmo or Paypal for people to pay me beforehand so I don't have to deal with no-shows or cancellations.)

ETA: On that link, I see there's info about an open bar & the prices are pretty reasonable. Do they charge for the space? Do you have more flexibility regarding time for the open-bar events?

Premium Bar - $16.50 per person
Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~ Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~ Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~ Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club, Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~ Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~ Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~ Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown

Children or Adults (non-drinker): Non-Alcoholic Beverage - $13.00 per person
Coke, Diet Coke, Orange, Apple, Cranberry, Pineapple Juice, Evian Water

Last edited:

They do still charge up front for the open bar, and they schedule it at their discretion. You're still not picking the time, and I think they assign time 30-60 days out, much as they do mixology.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This is super helpful information! :) (Just thinking aloud to myself & making a note for later, LOL: I might set up a Venmo or Paypal for people to pay me beforehand so I don't have to deal with no-shows or cancellations.)

ETA: On that link, I see there's info about an open bar & the prices are pretty reasonable. Do they charge for the space? Do you have more flexibility regarding time for the open-bar events?

Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~ Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~ Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~ Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club, Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~ Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~ Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~ Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown

That is the price of the event, I am sure additional gratuities are appreciated. I think availability and flexibility may depend on the length of your cruise. The person organizing the private open bars for the WBPC next year has confirmed the dates with DCL already.

I have no useful logistics to share, but I did one of the planned classes with my parents, in-laws, and sister/brother in law on our last cruise. It was one of my best memories from the cruise and we were all SLOSHED at the end! We all went and slept until dinner when we had to collect kids from the club...... hilarious time was had!

On our last cruise, they didn't provide the date and time until like two weeks before the cruise, which was a problem for many.

I think that is per hour so you need to pound back 3 drinks per hour with pretty hangover inducing level of booze to make it worth it.

FYI- DCL emailed me back & here's what they sent. It's similar to before, but the prices have slightly increased:

Thank you for your inquiry and please find below the options available for an open bar/reception:
Adults:
- Signature Bar - $26.45 per person ( includes 15% gratuity (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)
Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff, Belvedere, Grey Goose ~ Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay, Appleton VX ~ Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray, Bombay Sapphire. ~ Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club, Seagram VO, Crown Royal, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels ~ Tequila: Cuervo Gold, Cuervo 1800, Patron Silver ~ Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~ Wine: White/La Crema Chardonnay & Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio; Red/Robert Mondavi Coastal Merlot & Kendall-Jackson VR Cabernet Sauvignon ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown, Guinness, Stella Artois

- Premium Bar - $18.98 per person ( includes 15% gratuity (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)

- Premium Wine & Beer - $17.25 per person ( includes 15% gratuity (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)
Wines: White - Santa Carolina Chardonnay ~ Red - Santa Carolina Merlot ~ Blush - Beringer White Zinfandel ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams

Children or Adults (non-drinker):
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage - $14.95 per person ( includes 15% gratuity (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)

- Non-Alcoholic Smoothies-Frozen - $14.95 per person ( includes 15% gratuity (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)
Raspberry, Banana, Passion Fruit, Chocolate, Vanilla, Piña Colada, Strawberry

For an Open Bar Event, there is a minimum of 25 Guests, no maximum, (Kids & Adults). The event will be 1 hour and the ship will determine and assign the event depending on how many Guests are participating as each Lounge/Bar have maximum Guests capacity.

Please note the option to choose ONE Adult beverage package from above list: (must be the same for all Adults) either Signature or Premium Bar or Wine & Beer. Once the venue is approved, we require one form of payment in full.

On our last cruise, they didn't provide the date and time until like two weeks before the cruise, which was a problem for many.

Same for ours, we got the dates about a month ahead of time, and they were both on port days so many people dropped out due to conflicting excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter