How do you remind yourself about what you need from the Supermarket?

We've used the Grocery Gadget app for years. I like that I can make lists for many stores in the same app, record regular
prices for each store so I can compare, put in quantities, details about coupons, etc.

I tell Alexa. It's great because my boyfriend and I can both be adding to it and then whoever stops at the store on the way home from work can pull up the list on their phone and see everything we need.

I’ve used the Out of Milk app for a few years. It works really well for me. When we finish something or I see something is running low, I just scan the bar code and it’s added to my list. I also keep a magnetic shopping list tablet on the fridge so the kids can write things there – and then *I* determine whether those things get added to the “real” list. :) I tried to use Alexa for my shopping list so it was easy for everyone to add to the list but I found that the kids enjoyed adding *a lot* of things to my shopping list each week. So, no more Alexa.

DH and I have the Shopping List app on our phones. It's synced so if one of us adds something the other sees it, too. I can categorize items (ie produce, dairy) and I can create different lists for different stores.

I keep a list in the Notes section of my phone.
For stopping by the store real quick stuff and places like Home Depot DH and I keep shared Notes in the Cloud on our phones. Comes in super handy but tripped me out the first time I opened it and stuff just started appearing, lol.

I keep a running list in a notebook. I use pages from the kids part used notebooks at the end of the school year.
I do this too! I will also plan meals this way and just tear out the page with the meal plan and make a list on next page and grab and go! I tried apps but I like the physical paper still. I do use The Recipe Box for my recipes though.

My grocery store has an app that syncs with their website! If we run out of something during the week I put it in Notes on my phone, but when I sit down to do the weekly dinner menu I pull up the site, add everything to my list, and the next morning when I open the app, voilà! There's the list. The app organizes it by aisle and everything, it's great.

I just walk through the isles. Eventually I see everything I need. Lol

Lol. This is how my dd and exdh will shop, down EVERY aisle. I gave her a small list the other day, 77.00 worth of stuff came home, she did use coupons though, lol.

If it's not a ton of stuff, I just use my iPhone, the Notes app. If it's a huge list, I use an actual note pad and paper, which I hate to do, my handwriting is so bad, because of my neuropathy and I can hardly read my own writing. Lol. I like to put my items on the list in the order they are in the store.

Last edited:
I make a list on paper, during break at work. Then I leave the list at work and remember everything on the list. Then I get to the store and see remember things i 'need' that apparently never made it to the list. Then I forget to go back and buy the things on the list, so i order from Peapod or Amazon Fresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter