How do you remind yourself about what you need from the Supermarket?

agame2323

DIS Veteran
I seem to always forget something. But of course, I typically don't write anything down until I'm about to leave out the house. I need a better system

I use the Our Groceries app on my phone. Its free & you can share it with your SO's phone.

List. I buy index cards (3x5) when they are on sale during back to school time. Those slip easily into the back pocket of my jeans while I shop, which is why I like them. And, they are sturdier than pieces of paper. I keep on on the counter in my kitchen. Things are added as they occur to me, and the list goes to the store with me. :-)

We make a list every single time we do our grocery shop. If I didn't have a list, I would spend more buying things that I hadn't planned on buying and I would totally forget things I needed. I've tried putting the list on my iPod but it was so inconvenient pulling it in and out of my purse or worrying about dropping it. I like just an old paper list. We also plan our meals out for the week so I know exactly what I need, I would highly recommend this!

Running list on the fridge.

If it's a good week, I copy it over in isle-order before I go to the store. :duck: (Most weeks, I grab it off the fridge and stuff it in my coat pocket. :laughing: )

I have a pad of paper on the fridge with a magnet. DH and I add to the list what we need/want.

I also meal plan for the week and what is needed is put on the list.

I also have an app for the store I frequent and am able to add coupons directly to my loyalty card.

I keep a running list and add to it when I need something
Yep, this. I use Paperless on my phone, it stores the items even after they're checked off so re-adding them is as simple as typing in the first letter. As I notice we're running out of something I add it to the list and then before I go shopping I do a quick cabinet/pantry/fridge/freezer inventory.

Make a list as you think of things.
I have a good memory but I was taught that once you're an adult and actually need to remember what you need to do and what you need to buy because no one is going to remind you that you should be responsible and write things down.

I keep a running list in a notebook. I use pages from the kids part used notebooks at the end of the school year.

Running list. Once you finish the last of the whatever, write it down. Then I look around the kitchen and add things right before leaving for the store.

I try to make an accurate list and put the list on My phone.

Sometimes I will get sidetracked (cough if dd and baby are with me cough )

Usually, I will remember something as soon as I am either in checkout and see something I'm someone's cart or as soon as I walk out of the store.

Which I have to make a list for tomorrow.
If I have a lot to do errand wise, I will make a list for that as well.

I have a general list of things I usually buy on my phone. I add then delete any specific items that are not typical.

I also sometimes take pictures of things I need to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter