How do you calculated 'value' for passes?

log

Mouseketeer
How do you calculate 'value'?

we'll be there april 3-10th (kids ages 3 & 6) at swan.

If we're arriving Saturday and leaving the following Saturday and 'perhaps' thinking of one day at SeaWorld, then we probably could go with the 5 day hopper? (am i right?)

But, what's the best 'value'?

For Example:
-if we buy a 5 day hopper for $229 (AAA), this comes out DAILY to about $46/day. However if you buy a 7 day hopper PLUS for $315 it comes out DAILY to $45/day (or a $322 ticket translates to $46/day)....

=>SO....do you buy the higher price '7 day hopper PLUS' becuz the 'daily' rate comes out even with 5 day hopper and you get the 'pluses'?? (..even though you may not/probably won't use any water parks this trip AND you have to pay higher price NOW)???

==>(ie, should we buy the 7 day hopper (ie, pay more now) and plan 'for the future' when prices will be higher?

==>.. OR, do you just buy the lower price 5 day hopper???? WHAT TO DO?????!!!! (what would you do?)

I know it sound confusing, but that's what i'm feeling now...Please help me sort this out - what would you do?.

If you're considering a trip in the next year or so get an AP and come back in less than 12 months.

If you're planning a trip in the next 2-3 years buy the longer passes and use the extra days next trip.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip just buy the 5 day hoppers.

Log

I do the same thing. We go back every year so I always buy the best value. Days and plus features never expire. We bought all our passes this past year and this year no passes needed. It all works out in the end.

You are only counting days in your calculation and no pluses. Often if we do a waterpark day we don't go to a park as well. If you do the math on that you get a much better per day rate on the pass with pluses. Also as the previous poster says the unused days don't expire. Just be sure to remember where you put the tickets!

As stated, unused days never expire and prices only go up-up-up. So if money isn't an issue, buy the longer passes and save the ununsed days for future visits. You'll save money in the long run.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter