How do other brands compare to Bare Minerals?

TheLittleRoo

DIS Veteran
I think it's Bare Minerals? I got a sample a week ago of the expensive stuff in their mall store (it was a promo and I love it!) - - anyway, I'd like to buy some during Walgreen's BOGO L'oreal offer. Has anyone tried it and liked it? Did you also try Bare Minerals - how do they compare?

Thanks!

I use both bare escentuals and the loreal and I like both equally. Hope that helps.

I've never used the Loreal, but I have used the Maybellene mineral makeup and I personally thought it was terrible compared with Bare Minerals. It made my face itch and looked very un-natural. I have gone back to Bare Minerals and think it is worth the price, at least v Maybellene.

I have used both and Bare Minerals is much better imo. It is pricey, but lasts a long time. I would go to Ulta or Sephora and ask for a free trial makeover. I also bought a starter kit (that I use for travel) for 15.00. Bare Minerals also gives a money back guarentee if you don't like it. I get many compliments on my makeup since I switched to Bare Minerals. It is also very light, I don't even feel like I am wearing face makeup. The Loreal felt like just a loose powder to me.

I have used both. I purchased the Bare Minerals makeup (a ton of it) when I had a little extra $$ and wanted to treat myself. I LOVED it. It was very smooth and even toned. I have red cheeks and Bare Minerals blended all my skin tones perfectly. I got a ton of compliments, and best yet- I felt pretty.
I recently ran out and I bought the Loreal (a little tighter on $$ now-a-days) and it is ok at best...My skin still looks a bit blotchy and no so even toned. I will scrimp a little more in the next few weeks so I can get more Bare Minerals, it is worth the price in my opinion.

That's an 80% thumbs down rating on the Loreal brand. Not very good - I'll be taking it back (bought two with B1G1 at Walgreens).

How about the Pure Minerals they sell at Costco? And how much is a jar of Bare Minerals, anyway? I didn't even ask. Are there codes for it or for any store that carries it?

Thanks!

That's an 80% thumbs down rating on the Loreal brand. Not very good - I'll be taking it back (bought two with B1G1 at Walgreens).

How about the Pure Minerals they sell at Costco? And how much is a jar of Bare Minerals, anyway? I didn't even ask. Are there codes for it or for any store that carries it?

Thanks!

Bare Minerals is a system, not just one jar. I think the starter kit is 60.00 which gives you 2 base colors, 2 blushes, Mineral veil and all the brushes and a video. I really recommend you find a place that sells and does a trial makeover so you can learn how to apply. Once you learn its fast.

I bought the Pure Minerals from Costco first---I returned it :( I bought the Bare Minerals starter kit from Ulta last summer and love love love it! The Bare Minerals goes on so much smoother and lighter, all blemishes and my (hereditary) dark under-eye circles are covered nicely PLUS it lasts all day long.

I got a few shipments of three jars every month. It was $50 for 3-2 gram jars. Two bases, one veil. I didn't know better and I did it for about three months.

2 weeks ago I bought a NINE gram size container of base for $20 shipped off of Ebay. Such a better deal!

I don't like anything other than the Bare minerals..... I also bought the starter pack, but rarely use the lighter of the two shades I have, and, as I tan, I add more bronzer to my normal shade.

The other brands seem heavier and thicker to me, whereas Bare Minerals seems light

Oh I am wanted to mention I've tried Loreal, Maybelline, Jane and Physicians formula. They were much gritter and did not blend smoothly. Jane provided zero coverage and Maybelline itched!

Sephora online sells Bare Escentuals and they often have codes. Or if you go in for a makeover they sometimes have freebies!

Another one to try is Everyday Minerals. They have a sample kit that you only play shipping for, and you can do that several times until you get your colors figured out. BE made my skin itchy, I think it's the bismuth that they contain. EM doesn't do that, and for me, covers just as well as BE, and is much less expensive.

Does anyone know if or what the difference is between Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals?

I have used 4 brands now of mineral makeup and I would rate them like this
#1 - Halo- Smashbox (incredible)
#2- Sheercover - lighter and more natural look than Bare minerals
#3 Bare Minerals
#4 - Loreal - I used this for 2 days as I forgot my sheercover at home on a trip and needed something cheap - ok, but wore off in about 5 hours. I looked spotty by lunch each day.

I think you truly get what you pay for based on my mineral make up experiences. If you have never tried mineral before, starting with Loreal would be a good idea, just to see if you like the concept even. If you go to Ulta though, they will let you return makeup you don't like. That is the only reason I shelled out almost $60 for a container of smahbox mineral foundation. I tried and loved, so I didn't return it, but it was nice to have the option.

I really love my bare essentials. I have tried the l'oreal, the one where it's in a stick and the brush is already on it, so all you have to do is shake it and it comes out on the brush. I liked it well enough and I keep it in my purse for touch ups. For the most part though, I love how the BE feels and it's coverage.

Does anyone know if or what the difference is between Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals?

Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals are the same brand.

I bought the big starter kit with all the extras about 2 years ago and I am still using the Warmth and some of the other products. I get the foundation and mineral veil when I need it in the large size. I have had gotten some good deals on ebay, but I only ever buy sealed items. You have to be careful, sometimes the jars have been refilled or the name is close BUT it isn't Bare Escentuals. I have never used anything but Bare Escentuals since I first tried it, IMO it is worth the $$.

And I love their eye shadows too, they last a long time and they have so many colors.

Where can you try on the makeup in the store? We dont' have a Sephora anywhere around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter