How do I make requests?

gaucho2000

Mouseketeer
I wanted to request having a table to ourselves and to have them note that we have two birthdays and an anniversary. Do I call? Email? I booked through Costco if that makes any difference.

I wanted to request having a table to ourselves and to have them note that we have two birthdays and an anniversary. Do I call? Email? I booked through Costco if that makes any difference.
You call DCL and have the requests/notes added to your reservation. Not sure if your TA needs to make the call, though. Maybe.

If you book through a TA they will have to make any request for you as they control the reservation. The only thing you can do without one is to book excursions and Palo/ Remy.

Birthdays - They "Already" know about!!! Our servers AND Palo servers knew - DW swears she didn't say anything!! - and I believe her. Anniversaries - "you" will need to notify them. AND on the first night your serving team will ask if you are celebrating anything as well.

Birthdays - They "Already" know about!!! Our servers AND Palo servers knew - DW swears she didn't say anything!! - and I believe her. Anniversaries - "you" will need to notify them. AND on the first night your serving team will ask if you are celebrating anything as well.

I guess since your birthdate is on your file that is how they know?

Technically, yes. But I find it's useful to make sure my servers are made aware early in the cruise by speaking to them.

True. I was just saying how they would probably know.

Not everyone celebrates birthdays.

I was replying to @jrabbit and his comment that they knew it was his birthday without anything being said and how that is possible.

If one doesn't believe in birthdays but is cruising over it, it would probably be a good idea to have it noted that you don't believe in them so please do not mention it.

I booked through Costco. After I'd PIF, I called DCL directly and requested a table to ourselves and a specific dining rotation. Not sure if it would have been different before PIF.

I put in a specific waiter request along with having a private table and both requests didn't happen but others have gotten lucky, so you never know.

I put in a specific waiter request along with having a private table and both requests didn't happen but others have gotten lucky, so you never know.
Typically, if you make two requests that don't work together, you don't get either. Mostly because, if only one or the other is do-able, DCL doesn't know which is more important to you to have, and so does neither.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!