How Do I Make a TOTWL Reservation?

Well, this kind of stinks...I was hoping to do this with our friends this October, but since we are a group of 6, we are booked in (2) different rooms! That means even though we are all travelling on MY membership, we are not all on the same reservation:mad:. Ugh! That's a bummer! We are booked into (2) 1BR's so there isn't even a way to "mix" us up and get us all listed on one of the reservations. How do they check for that? When they scan the MB, does it say, "party of XX" on the room reservation or something? How would they know we aren't all on the same reservation in one 2BR? I don't remember them scanning each, individual MB in my previous visits to the lounge. We were really hoping to do the WWD in October so I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of an extension of the dates.

I don't understand why they would limit this purchase to blue card members only. Money is money. $55 from a white card is worth the same as $55 from a blue card.

That said, has anyone been able to get up on a FCFS basis without a blue card?

I don't understand why they would limit this purchase to blue card members only. Money is money. $55 from a white card is worth the same as $55 from a blue card.

I'll simply refer you to the 17,562 posts on this board alone complaining about the disappearance of direct member perks...

Well, this kind of stinks...I was hoping to do this with our friends this October, but since we are a group of 6, we are booked in (2) different rooms! That means even though we are all travelling on MY membership, we are not all on the same reservation:mad:. Ugh! That's a bummer! We are booked into (2) 1BR's so there isn't even a way to "mix" us up and get us all listed on one of the reservations. How do they check for that? When they scan the MB, does it say, "party of XX" on the room reservation or something? How would they know we aren't all on the same reservation in one 2BR? I don't remember them scanning each, individual MB in my previous visits to the lounge. We were really hoping to do the WWD in October so I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of an extension of the dates.

When I booked, I was in my own room with my friend and her son in the second room. When I went to book for two people, she said my room only had one and we had to move my friend. Now, that was when this first started, so maybe they have changed things up...they no longer allow you to check in prior to 8 pm...going earlier means you are just like everyone else...FCFS.

If it is still going on, all you can do is call and see what they say!

The purpose is so DVD can use it as a selling point for direct purchases. Remember, their goal is to make buying resale a "different" and "inferior" product. They want all these little extras to apply to those who actually purchase from them now.

So far, they have not had much trouble selling out the tables for the event limiting it to those eligible for membership extras, so they don't need to offer it to a larger group of owners. And, reports are that the lounge has been pretty popular as well..earlier in the night, they are limiting guests to actual seats...tables or the bar...its only close to fireworks that they are allowing others up when the seats are taken.

No reports here of white card owners being able to get in but they are really strict about the Epcot lounge so my guess is they are being pretty strict checking for DVC Y for this as well...

OP here. I'm a little confused and just want to clarify. I bought direct from Disney in April of this year. I own two contracts at GF. My DH and I booked our welcome home trip for spring break of next year already, and we used a portion of our points and banked the rest. So, my college roomie and I are doing a Food & Wine trip at the end of September and we are paying cash and sharing a room at Pop; we are on the same reservation. We would like to do the TOTWL/Wicked Wind Down event, assuming they offer dates beyond September 12. Am I able to make a reservation for WWD even though we are not using my points for the fall trip?

Someone earlier (maybe in another of my threads? I can't remember now?) said that yes, I'd be able to reserve for WWD even if I'm staying on a cash reservation, because I'm a direct DVC member and I have my DVC Y card. I think someone said above that you have to be staying on points?

Any info would be great! Thank you!

OP here. I'm a little confused and just want to clarify. I bought direct from Disney in April of this year. I own two contracts at GF. My DH and I booked our welcome home trip for spring break of next year already, and we used a portion of our points and banked the rest. So, my college roomie and I are doing a Food & Wine trip at the end of September and we are paying cash and sharing a room at Pop; we are on the same reservation. We would like to do the TOTWL/Wicked Wind Down event, assuming they offer dates beyond September 12. Am I able to make a reservation for WWD even though we are not using my points for the fall trip?

Someone earlier (maybe in another of my threads? I can't remember now?) said that yes, I'd be able to reserve for WWD even if I'm staying on a cash reservation, because I'm a direct DVC member and I have my DVC Y card. I think someone said above that you have to be staying on points?

Any info would be great! Thank you!

You will be able to visit on a FCFS basis since you are eligible for membership extras.

But they have only been allowing those with DVC points reservations who qualify to book WWD.

The reservation has to be booked using your membership for the special event.

It seems to be doing well and selling out many nights even with the limits so I’d be surprised to see them open it up to those doing cash stays.

MS would have no way of seeing your cash reservation and Is has to be booked directly with them. That could be why because they verify you have an eligible trip for the date you want. As I mentioned, I had to move my friend into my room instead of staying with her son and both those were in my membership.

Of course, they could change things as time goes on so you could try if it opens dates that match your trip.

Last edited:

@Sandisw thank you for the clarification. I thought I could book it even though I'm staying on a cash reservation. Good to know!

Hi all! I just got off the phone with DVC MS. I added a day onto my March 2023 trip, and because I'm a DVC newbie, I didn't know what the heck I was doing, and I didn't want to screw up my current reservation. In the course of adding a day, I asked the CM about booking a TOTWL WWD during my cash Pop stay this fall, and she put me on hold to ask a manager about booking a reservation if you're a DVC blue card member but staying on a cash ressie. Here's what she said:

1. She indicated that they are not anticipating adding days beyond September 12.
2. But, she said if they did add dates beyond September 12, I would be able to book at WWD reservation because I am staying on property. She said it doesn't matter if I'm using points or paying cash. Because I am a DVC blue card holder, I can book a WWD reservation.

I recognize that CMs don't always have the full scoop. So, take this info with a grain of salt. But, I thought it was interesting info. I'm going to continue to monitor regularly to see if they add dates beyond September 12. If they do, I'll report out on whether I'm able to reserve WWD, even though I am staying at Pop on a cash reservation.

Hi there! OP here. I thought I would follow up to report out on my experience, so far. Wicked Wind Down dates have been added through October 12, I believe. Yesterday (September 12) I was able to make a reservation for September 29th at TOTWL for WWD. I am a newly minted DVC member, having purchased direct from Disney VGF in April of this year. My friend and I are staying at Pop on a cash reservation, for the end of September-October 3, and I was able to book WWD even though I have a cash reservation at Pop.

I know there was some question as to whether I could make a reservation as a direct DVC owner without a reservation using points. The CM I worked with yesterday didn't miss a beat; she simply asked for my Pop confirmation number, no problem!

We attended the Wicked Wind Down Labor Day weekend and really enjoyed it. The food was good, as were the drinks and the service was fantastic. We felt it was very much worth the cost. The did start letting a bunch of people without reservations in a few minutes before the fireworks and there was a nice crowd out on the balcony. Anyone with a reservation had a roped off area to watch from, though. After the fireworks a lot of the tables cleared and they were offering them to anyone who wanted them.

All in all, we had a blast and would absolutely do it again if they keep offering this.

Hi there! OP here. I thought I would follow up to report out on my experience, so far. Wicked Wind Down dates have been added through October 12, I believe. Yesterday (September 12) I was able to make a reservation for September 29th at TOTWL for WWD. I am a newly minted DVC member, having purchased direct from Disney VGF in April of this year. My friend and I are staying at Pop on a cash reservation, for the end of September-October 3, and I was able to book WWD even though I have a cash reservation at Pop.

I know there was some question as to whether I could make a reservation as a direct DVC owner without a reservation using points. The CM I worked with yesterday didn't miss a beat; she simply asked for my Pop confirmation number, no problem!
Thank you.
Did you have to call or can I do online?

THANK YOU for the follow up information!!

@Pens Fan Thanks so much for the feedback! My friend and I really excited to try this! I am a new DVC owner, so I've never been to TOTWL. Very excited to see what it's like!

@js I did have to call the MS number. I called in the middle of the day, and I only had about a 10 minute wait. CM I worked with was great. I didn't see any way to register for this online. It would definitely be nice to be able to sign up and pay online in the future.

@Pens Fan Thanks so much for the feedback! My friend and I really excited to try this! I am a new DVC owner, so I've never been to TOTWL. Very excited to see what it's like!

@js I did have to call the MS number. I called in the middle of the day, and I only had about a 10 minute wait. CM I worked with was great. I didn't see any way to register for this online. It would definitely be nice to be able to sign up and pay online in the future.
I think you have to call so that MS can verify eligibility for Membership Extras.

Thank you so much!
Have a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter