How Do I Make a TOTWL Reservation?

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

I am a new DVC direct member. Purchased VGF direct in April of this year. My welcome home visit isn't until March of 2023, but I have a cash stay with my college roommate planned at Pop in late September this year. We would like to reserve a table for two at the Top of the World lounge when we go. Today is my 60 day window opening for dining, and I made my dining reservations for this late September/early October stay at Pop early this am. How do I go about making a reservation for TOTWL? I tried chat with Member Services this morning, and realized they aren't open til tomorrow. Do I simply call MS tomorrow am? In doing some preliminary research, it would seem that there aren't dates to reserve beyond August 11th? Is that correct? If that's so, when will they offer September dates to reserve? Can I reserve somehow online, or do I need to call MS directly to make a reservation?

Any advice anyone could give about how to make a reservation (we'd like to reserve for the night of September 29th, if that makes a difference) would be awesome. Thank you so much!

Right now, the special event is only going until August 11th. If it is extended, you call MS to reserve it

It isn’t tied to dining like everything else and doesn’t even show in MDE.

Thanks @Sandisw for the response!:-) I'm still a little confused. I don't want to do a special event, I just want to reserve a table to watch the fireworks. My friend and I are willing to pay $55 each for the drink/app/dessert to have a table all night to watch fireworks. Are those types of reservations only available through August 11th? If not, how do I go about making that type of reservation? Can I do it online, or do I have to call MS?

Are those types of reservations only available through August 11th? If not, how do I go about making that type of reservation? Can I do it online, or do I have to call MS?
Currently, only through August 11 (and those reservations are for the "Wicked Wind Down"). You have to call MS to make them.

Has there been confirmation yet for which types of visits are included? From the wording it sounded like your reservation date had to be booked through a Blue Card membership to qualify. Or is it just any onsite booking for Blue Card members?

Has there been confirmation yet for which types of visits are included? From the wording it sounded like your reservation date had to be booked through a Blue Card membership to qualify. Or is it just any onsite booking for Blue Card members?

I have read reports that people were allowed to book on a qualified membership...blue card...but use points from both direct and resale contracts from that membership. There have not yet been any reports for people who booked WWD on a non qualified membership, even if they have a different one. All of my UYs are now qualified so in my case it didn't matter.

For visiting the lounge using the FCFS and waitlist option, you just need to show the DVC Y and that you are on site...although, there have been reports that CMs at the elevator did not always scan the MB to check you had an onsite reservation, as long as you had the DVC Y.

Once we have an update as to whether this will continue, we may get more info on how it will work. Regardless, you must be eligible for membership extras and it seems they have been consistent in wanting to see that before allowing anyone to go up.

I have read reports that people were allowed to book on a qualified membership...blue card...but use points from both direct and resale contracts from that membership. There have not yet been any reports for people who booked WWD on a non qualified membership, even if they have a different one. All of my UYs are now qualified so in my case it didn't matter.

For visiting the lounge using the FCFS and waitlist option, you just need to show the DVC Y and that you are on site...although, there have been reports that CMs at the elevator did not always scan the MB to check you had an onsite reservation, as long as you had the DVC Y.

Once we have an update as to whether this will continue, we may get more info on how it will work. Regardless, you must be eligible for membership extras and it seems they have been consistent in wanting to see that before allowing anyone to go up.
Thank you so much! You are always so helpful with your info.

Hi all! I used the chat feature on the website yesterday, and I found out that I was totally confused. The $55 deal is only for the special events, of which that last event (so far) is scheduled for August 11. I did not want to attend a special event, I just wanted to secure a table to view the fireworks. I was under the impression you could pay to reserve a table. The way I understood the CM yesterday, I can't just reserve a table for fireworks (even though I was willing to pay whatever the fee was to do so). It's only "first come, first served".

So, now that I know this, what is the best strategy to ensure that we have a table to view fireworks? Is coming to the podium at 5:45, and just sitting on a table all night the only way to do this? Or, can we come to the podium at 5:45 and put our names down and then come back? I got disconnected with the CM yesterday before I was able to ask all my questions.

Thanks for helping this DVC newbie!

Hi all! I used the chat feature on the website yesterday, and I found out that I was totally confused. The $55 deal is only for the special events, of which that last event (so far) is scheduled for August 11. I did not want to attend a special event, I just wanted to secure a table to view the fireworks. I was under the impression you could pay to reserve a table. The way I understood the CM yesterday, I can't just reserve a table for fireworks (even though I was willing to pay whatever the fee was to do so). It's only "first come, first served".

So, now that I know this, what is the best strategy to ensure that we have a table to view fireworks? Is coming to the podium at 5:45, and just sitting on a table all night the only way to do this? Or, can we come to the podium at 5:45 and put our names down and then come back? I got disconnected with the CM yesterday before I was able to ask all my questions.

Thanks for helping this DVC newbie!
They have been taking a walk-up list. But that is while the event is going on.

Odds are very good the event continues.

Hi all! I used the chat feature on the website yesterday, and I found out that I was totally confused. The $55 deal is only for the special events, of which that last event (so far) is scheduled for August 11. I did not want to attend a special event, I just wanted to secure a table to view the fireworks. I was under the impression you could pay to reserve a table.
The $55 per person is basically the only way to guarantee a table right now. Whatever you want to call it--special event, cover charge, etc. Each person gets one drink, one appetizer and one dessert. Currently reservations are only being accepted through 8/11 but judging by the popularity, it's only a matter of time before more dates are added.

Yes, they are doing a waiting list. But that's a total uncertainty. When people have the $55 reservations, they are guaranteed seats until 30 minutes before fireworks. So if they are fully booked for the night, they probably won't allow anyone to use unclaimed tables until almost 9pm. You're unlikely to get a table near the glass windows at that point. And frankly the fireworks view inside the lounge isn't great. Many tables are away from the windows and there's a chest-high safety ledge outside which obscures the view.

If you just want to see fireworks, I'd recommend arriving at the podium around 9pm, at which time they'll allow you onto the outdoor deck where the view is better. The lounge w/ cover charge is better suited for those who wish to arrive an hour or two before fireworks to unwind.

The $55 per person is basically the only way to guarantee a table right now. Whatever you want to call it--special event, cover charge, etc. Each person gets one drink, one appetizer and one dessert. Currently reservations are only being accepted through 8/11 but judging by the popularity, it's only a matter of time before more dates are added.

Yes, they are doing a waiting list. But that's a total uncertainty. When people have the $55 reservations, they are guaranteed seats until 30 minutes before fireworks. So if they are fully booked for the night, they probably won't allow anyone to use unclaimed tables until almost 9pm. You're unlikely to get a table near the glass windows at that point. And frankly the fireworks view inside the lounge isn't great. Many tables are away from the windows and there's a chest-high safety ledge outside which obscures the view.

If you just want to see fireworks, I'd recommend arriving at the podium around 9pm, at which time they'll allow you onto the outdoor deck where the view is better. The lounge w/ cover charge is better suited for those who wish to arrive an hour or two before fireworks to unwind.
Great points. And when people are standing outside watching the fireworks, the obstruction is even higher than the ledge because there are one or two rows of guests watching. We're at BLT Aug 17-21 so really hoping they announce some new/additional dates for the event soon (seeing as it's already Aug 3).

I just checked the website and the wording they used was that "additional dates will be added soon". We are staying using points on a friday night but staying at PO for saturday and sunday (in September). Friday night is a Halloween party at MK but I prefered to see Enchantment. We are blue card DVC-Y members. I wonder if we would be allowed up on Saturday even though that is a cash reservation at a non-DVC resort? The verbage below makes it sound like you need to be staying on a DVC reservation, doesn't it?

Make Reservations

Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book—with reservations available July 11, 2022 to August 11, 2022. Additional dates will be added soon.

Eligible Members with access to Membership Extras—who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort using their Membership—can book this add-on to their Top of the World Lounge plans daily excluding holidays, and special events. Wicked Wind Down is subject to capacity.

I just checked the website and the wording they used was that "additional dates will be added soon". We are staying using points on a friday night but staying at PO for saturday and sunday (in September). Friday night is a Halloween party at MK but I prefered to see Enchantment. We are blue card DVC-Y members. I wonder if we would be allowed up on Saturday even though that is a cash reservation at a non-DVC resort? The verbage below makes it sound like you need to be staying on a DVC reservation, doesn't it?

When I was booking the WWD for July 20th, I was told for that event you must be staying on your DVC membership and the guests you are taking up with you must be on that reservation with you.

So, based on that, I would say you would not be eligible to book this event if extended.

For just visiting if the event is offered and not sold out, you can show up to go on the waitlist and for that it’s just showing your DVC Y and that you are onsite.

It has now been extended to Sept.12. We are staying at Poly the end of August and on the fence as to whether The wind down is worth 55/pp. We get in on the 29th at 6:30 so from what I read you need to get on a waiting list earlier in the evening before they'll allow you up at 8:30 or 30 minutes before fireworks.

It has now been extended to Sept.12. We are staying at Poly the end of August and on the fence as to whether The wind down is worth 55/pp. We get in on the 29th at 6:30 so from what I read you need to get on a waiting list earlier in the evening before they'll allow you up at 8:30 or 30 minutes before fireworks.

They have adjusted things now that those registered check in at 8 pm for the event.

That means the ability to go up prior if not going for fireworks should be easier, as it sounds like they will not be holding those tables until a little later vs 6 pm like they did in the first month of the event.

They have adjusted things now that those registered check in at 8 pm for the event.

That means the ability to go up prior if not going for fireworks should be easier, as it sounds like they will not be holding those tables until a little later vs 6 pm like they did in the first month of the event.
As I understand it ,and please correct me if I'm wrong you must register in person.Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO @ 6:30 so I imagine we won't get to Poly before 7:30 which would make it difficult to just walk up to TOTWL.

As I understand it ,and please correct me if I'm wrong you must register in person.Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO @ 6:30 so I imagine we won't get to Poly before 7:30 which would make it difficult to just walk up to TOTWL.

You do have to go there in person to check in if you are not paying for the WWD event.

But, now that things are a bit different, those waitlists…if they are still needed…may not be as long as before because people will have come and gone,

I would add if the event check in is at 8 pm, and didn’t have that booked, it probably doesn’t make sense to rush there until closer to fireworks when they may be letting more people up at that point.

I think the move for event check in to later was so those showing up earlier would have Time to visit before tables were given to those going to the event

I am hoping someone there will report how it’s gone with the new rules.

How often are the paid fireworks events. Are there other non event nights to go up and watch fireworks for free?

How often are the paid fireworks events. Are there other non event nights to go up and watch fireworks for free?

They are every night until September 12th but may be extended beyond that if they continue to be popular.

At this point, you can still go up on a FCFS basis by showing up and if there is room you can go.

They have adjusted so that those who reserved the event can check in at 8 pm vs 6 pm..which should give those arriving earlier a chance to visit until they close down the tables for those who paid..no report yet how that is working.

If fireworks is what you want, it’s probably better to go about 30 minutes before after all those who have the event have checked in and they let people up just for the deck..which has been about 15 to 20 minutes ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter