How do I do this? Two reservations for the same time. Maybe.

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
My 180 day window opens June 10th. We are (we think) spending two nights at Saratoga Springs and will have the dining plan. Our plan was to eat the first night at Turf Club. We hadn't been sure if we were doing tickets at all, but at the moment we are leaning towards yes, which will likely be one day hoppers, at least partly so we can have dinner in Epcot on the second night. Ideally I'd like to make a reservation for DS and myself at Chefs de France and one for DH at Tutto Italia for roughly the same time.

I understand that you can't normally make two reservations at the same time (to discourage table hoarding). How should I do it (since I don't see anything wrong with making two reservations I intend to keep)? Just make the Tutto Italia one in DH's name and don't tie it to the room reservation?

If we don't do tickets, we're leaning toward Captain's Grille, but I figure that would be far easier to get on short notice than the Epcot restaurants, and if we had to switch that to something else it wouldn't be a big deal.

If you want two reservations within a 2 hour period, you must call Disney dining. That's what I had to do - two of us going to one restaurant and two to another.

Another option available to you is the Disney App.
If you both sign up to the Disney app you can make separate ADR's.
We go as a family & some times we do eat at different Restaurants, so my Brother in law will book at one place & we will book another for the same time.

I posted about this a few days ago. You don't need two separate accounts, and you don't even have to call. You CAN make two reservations for the same time. You have to do it from the MDE desktop site, NOT the app. Log in to My Disney Experience through the web. Then, select reserve dining, then CHOOSE ANYONE OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO'S MDE ACCOUNT IT IS to manage the reservation. This is very important! If you don't choose someone else, and you choose yourself (if it's your account) it won't work. After you make the initial reservation, go back in and make another reservation for the same time/place and the remainder of your party, and now you can choose yourself as the manager of the reservation. You don't even have to assign anyone in your guest list - as long as the guest count is accurate you can leave the remaining members of your party as "guest #1, guest #2", etc.
The default reservation manager is whoever the MDE account is managed by. This can't be changed via the mobile app. If you don't change the default res manager first, the MDE account will give you a message that you have a conflicting reservation at the same time and you will have to cancel that reservation and start over with a different member of your party. Hope this makes sense. You can search my posts for a clearer description if this is confusing. Lol.

I couldn't figure out how to change the person who manages the reservation under my MDE desktop account, but I did make a separate MDE account for my husband and make a reservation under his name. Sometimes we have to split our parties because we have a teenager and two preschoolers and different interests! Just remember if the reservation is made under his name, it has to be canceled or modified under his name too.

I couldn't figure out how to change the person who manages the reservation under my MDE desktop account, but I did make a separate MDE account for my husband and make a reservation under his name. Sometimes we have to split our parties because we have a teenager and two preschoolers and different interests! Just remember if the reservation is made under his name, it has to be canceled or modified under his name too.
Were you trying to modify an existing reservation, or was that a for a new res?

For a new reservation

Hmmm..that's so strange. When I select a restaurant, time and date, it then gives me available times. Once I select the time I would like to reserve, it takes me to the following screen:

Screen-Shot by Ohana Mama, on Flickr

That drop-down right below reservation contact gives me a list of everyone in my MDE account. I simply select someone other than myself, and that person becomes the reservation manager, allowing me to then go in again and just reserve the next portion of my group under my name....

I posted about this a few days ago. You don't need two separate accounts, and you don't even have to call. You CAN make two reservations for the same time. You have to do it from the MDE desktop site, NOT the app. Log in to My Disney Experience through the web. Then, select reserve dining, then CHOOSE ANYONE OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO'S MDE ACCOUNT IT IS to manage the reservation. This is very important! If you don't choose someone else, and you choose yourself (if it's your account) it won't work. After you make the initial reservation, go back in and make another reservation for the same time/place and the remainder of your party, and now you can choose yourself as the manager of the reservation. You don't even have to assign anyone in your guest list - as long as the guest count is accurate you can leave the remaining members of your party as "guest #1, guest #2", etc.
The default reservation manager is whoever the MDE account is managed by. This can't be changed via the mobile app. If you don't change the default res manager first, the MDE account will give you a message that you have a conflicting reservation at the same time and you will have to cancel that reservation and start over with a different member of your party. Hope this makes sense. You can search my posts for a clearer description if this is confusing. Lol.

THIS. We do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter