How busy will the week of 12/20 be???

amylock

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked at OKW the week of 12/13. We are considering switching to the week of 12/20, checking out on 12/24. My son has vacation from school that week and it would be better if we didn't take him out.

Has anyone been that week? How busy would it be compared to the previous week? I checked the WDW reservation site and tried to get rooms in every category (DVC, deluxe, moderate, and value). All searches came up with 2 choices. So it looks like there will be room. Does that correlate to park crowding?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Amy

Extremely busy. Most schools will be out and families will be at WDW to celebrate the holidays. Are you paying cash for OKW or using points? If you are using points, it could be next to impossible to get a reservation on points. There may be something available using cash.

I rented points. I guess there will be a rush of booking before December? There was so much availability that I thought the parks would be less busy.

Guess the kiddo gets an extended vacation! I prefer more relaxed Disney touring - hate fighting crowds. When we go the week of Thanksgiving, we never enter the parks after Wednesday.

Amy

There is probably little or nothing available until next year for DVC points. If you have a reservation already, you probably want to keep that.

If you are not a member, the member you rented the points from would have to change the reservation.

Reservations made with points come from a different inventory than reservations made with CRO. Even if something is available at CRO for cash, there is no guarantee that it is available with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter