How are you getting to the parks on October 1st?

BK2014

DIS Veteran
I know that there is already a 10/1 planning thread - but I was hoping to have a thread just dedicated to how people are getting to the parks that day.

So, it's October 1st, you have a theme park reservation . . .

1) How are you planning on getting there?

2) And what time are you leaving to get there?

Of course any other thoughts on getting to the parks on 10/1 are welcome!

To answer my own questions:

We are staying at Coronado Springs, so 1) probably bus, and 2) early - TBD.

We are staying at Poly and most likely plan to walk. Not sure how early we plan to leave but it will be pretty early.

1) Staying at the Poly, likely taking the resort monorail (Plan B: resort boat; Plan C: Walk to TTC, decide from there)

2) We have a Kona Cafe breakfast reservation at 7:50 and will likely head over right after that. I'm not concerned about being at the park for rope drop.

Staying at AKL and will rideshare to the Contemporary for a 7:35am S71 (did I just invent that?) breakfast and will walk over after. We wanted to be there early, but will only change plans if there is word of a ceremony at 8:00am.

We’re staying at CBR and will take the bus. We’ll plan to arrive at the bus stop early, but I’m not all that worried about it—far less than when our plans call for rope dropping an attraction.

Oct 1, going to Epcot from AoA, so using Skyliner. However we have dinner at Steakhouse 71, on October 1, so getting there will be more challenging. I may drive, we are not going into a park after dinner at all. But worry they will think we are planning to, and give us trouble parking at Contemporary? Looking to avoid bussing to a park and then to the Contemporary, although maybe we could Skyliner to Studios and bus to Contemporary, or Bus to MK and monorail, I just want to avoid MK!

Oct 1, going to Epcot from AoA, so using Skyliner. However we have dinner at Steakhouse 71, on October 1, so getting there will be more challenging. I may drive, we are not going into a park after dinner at all. But worry they will think we are planning to, and give us trouble parking at Contemporary? Looking to avoid bussing to a park and then to the Contemporary, although maybe we could Skyliner to Studios and bus to Contemporary, or Bus to MK and monorail, I just want to avoid MK!
Could always walk out of the international gateway entrance and take a bus from boardwalk or yacht/beach club to MK also. Or monorail from epcot over. Tons of options! With a reservation you should have no issues parking at CR though :)

Staying at POP and will take the bus! Plan to be at the bus stop real early and hope to be one the 1st bus out!

Taking a Car to a Resort then taking the bus over.
I hope you have thought about a plan B; they may want to see your resort confirmation when you drive up to the gate. Disney might have thought about this too and won't let you in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter