How are crowds this month?

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
We used to always go to Universal at the end of August. I have seen a lot of "I am frustrated with Disney and going to Universal instead" type of posts. How have the crowds been recently? More crowded or about the same as years past for mid to end of August?

We used to always go to Universal at the end of August. I have seen a lot of "I am frustrated with Disney and going to Universal instead" type of posts. How have the crowds been recently? More crowded or about the same as years past for mid to end of August?
My son is at Universal today. He road VelociCoaster several times, waiting about 30 minutes each time for that. Hagrid's was about 50 minutes, despite a posted 70-minute wait time. The Hulk was nearly a walk-on.

Weekends can be very different, as are Hollywood Horror Nights.

We visited both parks Sunday 08/14 and we did the Single Rider line which was awesome. Everything was under 45 minutes. VelociCoaster was like 40 minutes. Pretty much walked on Spider Man. Escape From Gringotts was probably longest around 45 minutes. This was Single Rider line, not positive how regular lines were.

We just wrapped up a 5 night stay. It was not super crowded. Much busier than last year at this time, but I think that is to be expected. I would guess it would slow down the next couple weeks until Labor Day too.

We were there Saturday through Monday and the majority of the crowds were in the Harry Potter stuff. But the rides weren't horrible. We didn't do Hagrid's though because of the 135 minute wait. That was the longest and since it was our first time there, we found other things to use our Express Pass on! We had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter