How’s the weather by you today?

17 degrees and about 2 inches of snow on the ground. It's sunny, so the snow is melting and it'll glaze back over after sunset and get nice and crusty. :rolleyes:

I could've retired at the end of last month and be in FL today. Instead, I chose to work another 7 months for reasons that seems really stupid right now.

Twin Cities - sunny as all get out and 3'. Which is tropical most MN Januarys. Windchill is -16. But, sunny, so it feels good.
Fellow Twin Cities resident. It’s not bad for this time of year at all. Still I think my senior 14 year old rescue dog who’s originally from Alabama was giving me some serious side eye this mornin.:dog:

Upper Eastern Shore of MD in Queen Anne's County- we got maybe 2" of snow.
Youngest son lives in the vicinity of BWI, they got about 3".
I've got some ice on the porch & the porch steps as of noon, but sidewalk is cleared and not icy.
It's cold though, and sleeting/snowing on & off although no accumulation expected I don't think.
We got two-three inches overnight. No big deal, but you wouldn't know it by the forecasters in my area.
I'm closer to you than Baltimore - but that is where our newsfeed comes from. You'd have thought they were calling for a full on 2 day blizzard the way they carried on. Is it me or when we were kids 2" of snow wasn't enough to cause major panic and drama???

Memphis, TN area. Currently, 19*, but feels like is 9*. A lot warmer than the feels like -4* at 9am!

Our town received about 6" of snow Sunday and Monday, and today everything is ice. No school today or tomorrow for the kids.

Memphis, TN area. Currently, 19*, but feels like is 9*. A lot warmer than the feels like -4* at 9am!

Our town received about 6" of snow Sunday and Monday, and today everything is ice. No school today or tomorrow for the kids.

Yeah, at least today is sunny. I really can't believe how much snow fell. I was outside at lunch clearing off the car - not that I'm going anwhere!

Yeah, at least today is sunny. I really can't believe how much snow fell. I was outside at lunch clearing off the car - not that I'm going anwhere!
The sunlight is deceiving! My fingers are crossed for a closure at work tomorrow. I mean MLGW has asked us to conserve electricity use.

The sunlight is deceiving! My fingers are crossed for a closure at work tomorrow. I mean MLGW has asked us to conserve electricity use.

Fortunately I can work from home whenever, so I am not going anywhere. I do hope the power stays stable and we don't face rolling blackouts.

Super cold for us in NW Indiana.
We've been having consistent negative temps since Sunday. Today we finally had a balmy 4 degrees and we may stay above 0 degrees tonight.

For all of us in winter states - stay safe and warm

Here in Central Mass. we just got another 4-5 inches. Schools around here are all closed for the day. I just came in from snow blowing and clearing the one car in the driveway and it has now turned to icing. Yuck. When the temps drop later side roads are gonna be kinda slippery.

Anyway…for the first time ever I used the leaf blower to clear off the car and front steps. Can’t ;t believe I never thought of this before.

Anyway, with all this insane weather going on all over the place how is everyone doing out there today?
My DH uses his blower a lot with snow - he likes going out there and blowing the snow 🙂

San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay) - Currently 58 degrees and cloudy. Chance of rain and should top out around 60 degrees.

Central Kentucky. We got ~2-3" of snow. School was closed for MLK Day, today, and now tomorrow (tomorrow remote learning). High temps are in the teens.

My mom (central Florida) was complaining it was cold down there... 50. :P

Fellow Twin Cities resident. It’s not bad for this time of year at all. Still I think my senior 14 year old rescue dog who’s originally from Alabama was giving me some serious side eye this mornin.:dog:
Poor pup, ha!

I dragged my husband around Como yesterday because the sun felt so good! It is amazing how much warmer it can feel when that thing is shining, even if the temperature is lower than when it was cloudy

Here in Central Mass. we just got another 4-5 inches. Schools around here are all closed for the day. I just came in from snow blowing and clearing the one car in the driveway and it has now turned to icing. Yuck. When the temps drop later side roads are gonna be kinda slippery.

Anyway…for the first time ever I used the leaf blower to clear off the car and front steps. Can’t ;t believe I never thought of this before.

Anyway, with all this insane weather going on all over the place how is everyone doing out there today?
Sounds like us here in NJ. DH even used a leafblower to clear the deck and cars (neighbors too :)). A total 5” so far with a sheet of ice coming down in the middle. Not the kind of weather you wanna go in unless necessary.

We're traveling for DH's job. The weather at our current location is 53 & cloudy. The weather at home is better, but I won't complain. :p

Houston, TX area here…it was 19 when I got up today and about 33 right now. It’s mild compared to some areas of the country, but construction here isn’t designed for real winter temperatures. We are on day 2 of hard freeze warnings and have to go to great lengths to keep pipes from freezing. We had a wintry mix yesterday that shut down many of our highways and forced most school districts to close today. Just thankful the power has stayed on (so far). There have been several warnings about conservation for grid stability. It’s supposed to be around 70 by Thursday.

About 2” of snow. I was hoping we wouldn’t get any until at least the two year anniversary of the last snow, which would be about January 28. Oh well.

so much warmer-we finaly got above zero :banana: :banana: it's warmed up enough that we have snow projected for tonight/tomorrow at 8-12". thankfully we don't have to go anywhere.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest