Hotwire not trying anymore?

RAPstar

Proud Redhead
Has anyone else noticed the trend on Hotwire now where it basically tells you what hotel you're gonna get on the Hot Rates? It will say "Hurry, the last person to book this rate got this hotel". Why? It seems counterintuitive to their business model, but I'm also not complaining cause I was able to book 3 hotels for my upcoming trips and not have to worry about getting a bad deal. Just curious if I'm the only one who thinks that it's a little odd.

It may be a little odd but I love it!! I use them more now than I used too, so maybe that is their idea and it's working??? I used to have to call them and ask what place the last person got and they always told me, but this way it's much easier!

There are several different routes you can take when using Hotwire or Priceline. There apps and add ons that unblind the listings and there are websites that also show you how to use the info on the listings to decode which hotel it is.

When Hotwire says 'last person got....' it's not always accurate.

It may be a little odd but I love it!! I use them more now than I used too, so maybe that is their idea and it's working??? I used to have to call them and ask what place the last person got and they always told me, but this way it's much easier!

Thought I was the only person who would call Hotwire & ask the hotel! They have always told me too!!!

FYI, the last two times I've used it I haven't gotten the last person got.... hotel. It's been a different one. I don't really research too much though. Usually I just use hotwire when I'm spending only a night. I look for the cheapest option that has free parking/breakfast that has a recommendation 80 or above.

There are several different routes you can take when using Hotwire or Priceline. There apps and add ons that unblind the listings and there are websites that also show you how to use the info on the listings to decode which hotel it is.

It's not that it isn't accurate. They aren't saying you will get that hotel but saying the last person got that. They aren't wrong in saying that. It's a gamble that you may or may not get what they got.

This is true. Just happened to me. In my situation it wasnt a big deal because any of the 6, 4 stars I would get in downtown Toronto would be fine. But it said last person got Hyatt Regency perfect, nice outdoor pool. I buy it & got the royal york. It really didnt matter.

I've used Hotwire possibly hundreds of times over the years booking rooms in Orlando,I always knew the hotel I preferred by the amenities and stars and it usually worked great with a few exceptions here and there.When I go visit family lately I've been using hotwire and luckily the area I choose basically has three hotels and all three are good hotels,so I'm happy with whatever one I get but lately I have not gotten the hotel that shows the last person got this..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter