• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels - does this exist?

He's about to do his third sleep study, and he's had surgery. Dr. seems to think it's that he's gained a little weight, which is unlikely to be remedied. It makes staying places really hard! To top it off, we have an infant who is still up several times a night....mama just wants some sleep!

Good to know you’re on top of it! So many families just ignore it.

We've stayed at both residence inns - the one by the convention center is new (2016) and really nice. We have 3 kids - 6, 4, 2 - and stay in a 1 bed suite. There is a door from the bedroom to living area. Full kitchen - we do a grocery order from Vons that arrives before we get there, so we have milk/cheese/fruit/granola bars etc to take to the park for the kids. Full breakfast, my kids usually aren't hungry until later afternoon. The maingate RI does the job but is older. They're also condo-style, so there is the chance you'll end up on the second floor and have to do stairs with a stroller/kids/whatever.

ETA: walk from maingate is about 10 mins, walk from convention center is maybe 12. That's us (very active but pushing a double stroller and probably have the 6 yo walking.)

Residence Inn Maingate is my go to hotel when visiting Disneyland. It usually significantly less than the Convention Center Residence Inn - Convention center is new, Maingate is dated and showing it's age but clean. As people have noted it is about a 15 minute walk ( 4 LONG blocks). ART picks up at the hotel. I like it because it comes with free breakfast (good buffet selection) and free parking. Pool & hot tub is nothing special but it's nice enough get in and cool down and relax. The kitchenette is nice. I've stayed in the studio (1 room), 1 bedroom & the penthouse (1 bedroom with a loft bed). I preferred the 1 bedroom I felt like it was the best value or the price. If you stay there I recommend asking to stay close to the entrance of the hotel as if your in the back it adds a block to your walk.

Staying at a hotel near a stop on the ART bus line allows a bus ride through the Disneyland gate very close to the entrance plaza and might get you a more affordable hotel a little further than walking distance. I actually prefer it since walking with kids on the way home is often a loooooong walk no matter how close. The return bus waits just outside of the plaza at the end of the day. We buy a multiday pass and its very economical.

He's about to do his third sleep study, and he's had surgery. Dr. seems to think it's that he's gained a little weight, which is unlikely to be remedied. It makes staying places really hard! To top it off, we have an infant who is still up several times a night....mama just wants some sleep!

Ugh, I wouldn't trust any doctor that pushed the surgery option for sleep apnea. CPAP is the gold-standard treatment and the surgery option is really not effective for most (and can sometimes make the snoring even worse).

Ugh, I wouldn't trust any doctor that pushed the surgery option for sleep apnea. CPAP is the gold-standard treatment and the surgery option is really not effective for most (and can sometimes make the snoring even worse).
I should clarify - he had surgery for his deviated septum, hoping it would also fix the snoring. It didn't. I'm not really super familiar with other options, as I've mostly let him handle it, but definitely appreciate any advice or words of wisdom anyone has to offer. He didn't snore at all when we met; it only has started in the last few years. He's not quite 40. He was thin when we got married, and is now probably 20 pounds heavier - for a variety of reasons, that's not going to change. It's all incredibly frustrating.

ETA: Supposedly he doesn't have sleep apnea. He's doing another sleep study at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter