Hotels - does this exist?

Dismama2boys

DIS Veteran
We're Disneyland newbies - but WDW vets - and are tentatively starting to plan a trip. I have three small children and very little time to research, and I'm feeling overwhelmed with finding options. In a perfect world, here's what I'm looking for: walking distance to the park, 2 rooms (can be a living area and one bedroom) with an actual door - DH is a snorer, breakfast available (ideally free but not a deal-breaker), kitchenette or at least a fridge, at a reasonable price? We stay in a timeshare at WDW and so have a full kitchen and washer/dryer, so I'm a little spoiled with those accommodations. I'm guessing something like that is not available within walking distance, though. Can anyone help? Thank you!!!

We stayed at Camelot Inn & Suites a couple of years ago for DLR's 60th anniversary. It was about a 6 minute walk to the gates of Disney. McD's is right next door for breakfast/late night snack. The room we stayed in had one bed in the main room and 2 beds in another room, separated by a door. Sleeps 6. Mini fridge and microwave.

You could also rent points at Grand Californian. A 1 bdrm gets you a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

Edit: Just looked at their website, and the room has a double sofa bed as well. King bed, 2 queens and the sofa bed. There is a virtual tour on the website. This place is about as close as you can get to the parks.

It may also depend on your definition of reasonable price. I would recommend checking out Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. They have somewhat more economical-level accommodations as far as fridge and amenities like that go. But they do have rooms that seem to meet what appear to be your minimum expectations. And you really cannot beat their location. They are among the two or three absolute closest hotels.

Residence Inn Maingate - Full kitchen, they have a full hot breakfast each morning. They have a 1 bedroom suite, 2 bedrooms, and penthouse suites. Plus a children's playground.
We stayed there. Longer walk than some of the places right across the street, but really handy to the shopping area (Garden Walk).

We are at the HomeWood suites now. Every one of your requirements is checked. It is a 20 min walk on adult legs with double stroller. We also sometimes take the free shuttle at the toy story lot. It’s a 2 block walk. The walk plus ride takes 20 min also but saves your feet. It was 14 min on the way back when I timed it yesterday.

Either of the Residence Inns should meet your criteria. They’re both a similar distance from the park (about a 15 minute walk). The convention center one is perhaps a bit closer but not significant so. It’s also newer and built in a traditional hotel style. The parking structure is adjacent and a bit of a hassle in my opinion. You have to exit the hotel and then go up a separate elevator to get to your car. There’s a CVS next door which is very convenient.

The RI Main Gate is not as new but it’s in great shape. It’s built more like apartments. The property is a bunch of two storey buildings. The rooms here are bigger than at the other RI. I really like how this one feels more like an apartment than a hotel. Both have full kitchens. Parking is right outside the rooms which is very convenient for loading and unloading. As someone else mentioned, the Garden Walk is next door and offers a bunch of food options plus shopping and other activities.

We’re AP holders from the Bay Area and make four to five trips a year. We alternate between these two hotels based on which one has a better price for our dates. I think you couldn’t go wrong with either.

Park Vue Inn is at the pedestrian entrance crosswalk. Free breakfast. About $200-220 for their 1-bedroom suite (I think that's what they call it). 2 Queens in a bedroom, with a full-size pull-out sofa in the living room area. Mini-kitchen area (hot plate, fridge, microwave). Only 1 bathroom. Free hot breakfast that varies day to day. Pool area isn't amazing, but its clean and comfortable, and I've never seen it yucky. Call for their best prices. Just to be sure its noted, its a motel, not a hotel; very few actual hotels in the walkable area.

Yes, this can be found but it won’t be what you’d consider ahotel, most are all motels that are nearby with those room configurations for a reasonable price.

I agree with all the recommendations for residence inn and homewood suites, at least the new ones. Even the older residence inn way down the street in garden grove has a shuttle right in front, but has the amenities of a full kitchen, room, etc... Most of the other hotels that are closer to the actual entrance are more rundown.

Some rooms at desert palms might fit the bill.

Also, a sleep study to see if a cpap is needed. :)
He's about to do his third sleep study, and he's had surgery. Dr. seems to think it's that he's gained a little weight, which is unlikely to be remedied. It makes staying places really hard! To top it off, we have an infant who is still up several times a night....mama just wants some sleep!

We stay at the time share Worldmark on Katella, its walkable but a long one... they have an ART stop right out front and another just up the road..

we love it.

They also have a sister hotel called Dolphins Cove further up the road on Harbor.. again walkable but much longer.. with a ART stop just around the corner .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!