Hotel Help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jabba, Aug 7, 2002.

  1. Jabba

    Jabba Earning My Ears

    Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks to the All Ears email. The Disney CBR Hotel is closed from September 8th. My Travel Agent in the UK cannot confirm or deny this which is a great help. Please could someone advise on the best moderate hotel to stay at. Also if I make enough noise will I get a free upgrade.

    Just for the record I spoke to CBR directly today and all 700 staff will be jobless from September!!! (Disney the caring company)

    Thanks for the help.
  2. *Flower*

    *Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

    Jan 3, 2000
    First, let me say that you're ahead of the game already. At least you know what is going on with your hotel even if your travel agent doesn't.
    According to everything posted on these boards that I've read- Disney will be calling everyone with a reservation to offer alternate accommodations at a good price. My understanding about this is that if you move yourself before receiving the phone call, you just rebook at whatever rate you can find, and no free upgrade. If you wait for the phone call from Disney, the deal will probably be better.
    I've read in the Orlando papers that Disney is trying to place the CBR CMs in other jobs around the resort. They would be returning to the CBR when it reopens in December.

    I know how hard it is to rearrange all of your vacation plans, but you'll have a great time when your vacation starts.
    We did enjoy POR when we stayed there- we stayed in the Mansion area.

    Good Luck!!

Share This Page