Hotel access to parks

josh&katie'smom

Earning My Ears
Which of the 3 Disney hotels has the quickest/easiest access to Disneyland? All we could get reservations for was Paradise Pier. Any tips for help on getting switched into Disneyland Hotel (which I think is closer). I will be travelling solo with my autistic son and a quick retreat is sometimes necessary. Thanks!

Grand Californian is the closest actually being partially in DCA and less than 5 mins from the main gate at Dl. Disneyland Hotel is a 5 min walk from the Monorail and about a 10-15 min walk from the front gate depending on how fast you walk. Paradise Pier is about 7- 10 mins from the monorail and is also serviced by a tram which takes about 10 mins (taking into account all the stops) from the main gate. It is about a 15-20 min walk from Paradise pier to main gate at Dl.

You might want to take a stroller or use a wheelchair. If you are a Disney resort guest, they will provide you with a wheelchair free of charge, with advance notice. See our disABILITIES FAQ - we have done this many times. I took my autistic son, solo, last year and we had a fine time staying at Paradise Pier. You have an extra gate to DCA just for PP guests across the street from the hotel, right into the Paradise Pier section of the park. Very nice. Disneyland Hotel is still our favorite, the monorail is right there, you go right into Fantasyland from there. It is only a few minutes walk more from PP to the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter