• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo with a mixed group

nicolem

Mouseketeer
Apologies in advance if this has been asked recently, but I can't find it using the search feature.

My family (me, DH, 3 boys, and my parents) will be staying off-site in early June and we'd like to meet up with my aunt and cousin's family, who will be staying at POR and using the dining plan. We would like to try HDD, but I can't figure out the best way to make the reservations. If I make them, I have to pay in advance for their meals, even though they'll be on the meal plan. I'm not sure what would happen if my aunt or cousin tried to book all of us (since half of us aren't on the dining plan), but they aren't as tech-savvy or as familiar with Disney and they've asked me to handle reservations. If they book their own (using their travel agent) and I book for my family, will it be possible for us to sit together (assuming we arrive and pick up our tickets at the same time and order the same category)? We've never been to HDD and I'm not sure how it's set up.

If you want to sit together, you need to book together.

If any of you are on the dining plan you can book with only a credit card hold, then arrange different payments when picking up the tickets. Get your family 's resort reservation number and use it for booking.

We would like to try HDDR, but I can't figure out the best way to make the reservations.
. . . based upon your below questions, going to be tough

If I make them, I have to pay in advance for their meals, even though they'll be on the meal plan.
. . . yes
. . . of course, you will get a refund when you pick up your tickets (Concierge Desk, Guest Service Desk, Box Office)
. . . or at the box office the day of your show

If they book their own (using their travel agent) and I book for my family, will it be possible for us to sit together (assuming we arrive and pick up our tickets at the same time and order the same category)?
. . . probably not
. . . tables are assigned by time/date you make the ressie
. . . if others make a ressie between times of your groups, tables will be apart
. . . tables are assigned 8-days before the performance
. . . the assigners do not look at the ressie for notes regarding 2-3 parties *
. . . once tables are assigned, when you pick up tickets does not matter
. . . the assigned table is the assigned table **

* I have done HDDR assigning many times, and we look at the party size,
the date/time of the ressie and the category.

** You only hope is that is that the hostess can ask a guest to trade tables
with your group. Usually only works if your tables are better than theirs and
they get an advantage.

I booked the HDD for my family when we go in March. I'm wondering if it's worth the money. We have two kids, 6 and 8 yrs. old. I'm not sure if they will enjoy it or not. Is it good for their age? Thank you!

mmugford said:
I booked the HDD for my family when we go in March. I'm wondering if it's worth the money. We have two kids, 6 and 8 yrs. old. I'm not sure if they will enjoy it or not. Is it good for their age? Thank you!

My 7 and 9 year olds loved it. We all did.

mmugford said:

Ours were 4 and 6 when we went & didn't like it at all. BUT, we live in NC where Hillbillies are neighbors not entertainment! :lmao:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter