Hoop Dee Doo closing???

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Jen1995, Aug 29, 2018.

1. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

And to add, a lot of people who would buy in at this DVC also are probably Hoop Dee Doo fans. I would guess permanently shuttering HDDR wouldn't help sell timeshares.

Jen1995 and HopperFan like this.
  2. anthony2k7

anthony2k7 DIS Veteran

Venues and entertainment where there are several entertainers required per show seem at risk these days at disney - e.g. parades.

Entertainment that isn't making use of current IP at disney also seems to be at risks.

Wouldn't surprise me if rumour was true and it wasn't to be replaced.

AnnaKat likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

WDWMagic reporting on twitter:

Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will likely have it’s final performance on Dec 31 2018, as the resort moves ahead with DVC additions.

At this time Hoop Dee Doo will remain.

There are plans to bring a similar Backyard BBQ experience back at a later date.

If you look close at the plans you will see a long slightly curved pavilion type building south of Mickey's BBQ pavilion location .... maybe that could be where they say a similar comes back. It is still in proximity to the kitchens.

5. 916chipndale

916chipndale You've got a friend in me

Think that curved pavilion is a covered bus stop.

HopperFan likes this.
  6. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

The Dis has retracted their story as Disney has apparently told them the show will remain.

7. ENJDisneyFan

ENJDisneyFan DIS Veteran

It seems like they could easily fix this problem by implementing a 3 night minimum. How many “real” campers actually stay less than 3 nights?

8. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Probably right now that I see the drive wrapping the parking.

9. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

How often does the Dis retract stories after Disney contacts them? I'm wondering how many angry vacationers Disney had to talk to...

fab1976, JARNJ3, cvaska and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jen1995

Jen1995 Mouseketeer

It's entirely possible that Disney executives released this rumor to assess the backlash. If the public says "meh, we want changes," then they proceed. If the public says "we will tie ourselves to Pioneer Hall and protest" then they think of some way to incorporate it into whatever DVC tower villa $2,000 /night plan they already have in place.

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  11. Doug M

Doug M DIS Veteran

I don't believe that is the case. Look at the parking fiasco. Multiple hundred page threads on these boards alone. I for one will not stay on property anymore, it already cost too much. Maybe down the road they see if parking fees hurt their bottom line, but i doubt it.

This appears to have been an unfounded rumor where HDDR got mashed in with the BBQ as on the block.

fab1976 likes this.
  12. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Not often.

13. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

When I read this rumor, it seemed fishy from the get-go as I thought it strange that they would shut down the HDDR with no mention of shutting down Trail’s End or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ.

Temporarily shutting down the backyard BBQ makes more sense as it’s more geographically in the footprint of the DVC addition and not as popular or beloved as HDDR.

In any event, I’m relieved as I had my heart set on taking my parents to the HDDR next May for their 50th wedding anniversary.

danikoski likes this.
  14. writerguyfl

writerguyfl DIS Veteran

That's an interesting idea. If it were any other company, I'd say it's a possibility. But, not Disney.

Disney has their own in-house Research Department. If they want to know something, they'll create a survey and send it to previous guests or have Research Cast Members ask guests at the parks and/or resorts. That type of research is far more reliable than leaking a rumor and seeing how the internet reacts. Surveys are quantifiable; internet outrage (or lack thereof) is not.

Ohminnie, cvaska, HopperFan and 2 others like this.
  15. jkh36619

jkh36619 DIS Veteran

We are AP holders and stay off site to save $ so we can go more often. Each trip we allow ourselves what we call a splurge. Hoop Dee Doo wins out many times. Its entertaining, a nice duration for the $ and how can you go wrong with all you can eat fried chicken and all you can drink beer. The only downside is its a bit of a pain to get to.

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  16. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

Nothing says camping in the forest like highrises. But hopefully Pioneer Hall will remain now.

mom2rtk likes this.
  17. Lacegarb

Lacegarb Earning My Ears

KYMickey likes this.
  18. Abigail Broughton

Abigail Broughton Abby

We attended Mickeys Backyard Barbecue in 2014 and we really enjoyed it! Minnie and Mickey were there and hung out the entire night dancing with the kids and being available for a meet and greet and signing autographs. The music was great and the entertainment was amazing. We presently have a December Hoop di do reservation I hope it's not cancelled. Very sad to think Disney would remove the horses one of Walt's greatest passions hopefully only temporary and to create an even more realistic campground.

19. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

HDDR is easy to get to. I either walk over if I get a Preferred site or take the golf cart and park out front if I'm in a Premium site. :D

I'm a regular on the Fort DIS forum and actually at the Fort. Leaving in the morning to tow my 5er the 1004 miles to the Fort.

Mickey's BBQ and the horse stables have been rumored to be moved several times. The last I remember was for Backyard BBQ to go behind the Settlement Trading Post and the stables to go up front, closer to the Outpost bus stop. Not sure if those blueprints are still floating around.

j

20. lelew

lelew Earning My Ears

Well, I stayed in a cabin for the first time since visiting WDW. WE stayed deluxe, moderate, value, and off property. I must say the cabins is one of the most highlights of all my disney stays. Just riding around on our golf cart late at night after the parks close was just peaceful. Although one night we came back from the parks and went to get QS and they closed at 10pm. everything was dead. but we had a car we hoped in our car and went over to Art Of Animation to use there food court which was open untill midnight. We ate there then hoped back in our car and went back to the cabins. I just loved my stay at the cabins, I could go on and on.....

21. jkh36619

jkh36619 DIS Veteran

If you are staying at the campgrounds it's easy. I do not.

Teamubr likes this.