Hoop Dee Doo closing???

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Jen1995, Aug 29, 2018.

1. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Wouldn't it be more likely that the decision-makers see the success of, and demand for, DVC? And that they make expansion decisions based on that, rather than glossy brochures?
    Possibly the insurance liability of having guests in non-guest areas when there's lightning in the area?

2. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

Well I'm not a lawyer so maybe, but I've also been backstage on a tour during lightning closures so I just don't see how this would be different.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Walt wasn't facing modern environmental laws. Rebuilding larger on already developed land is cheaper.

5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Disney has plenty of developable/already developed land they can use in Florida.

halfpintpeggy and The Pho like this.
  6. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

I don't think Hoop falls that way. I live locally, and I typically do Hoop once a month (I absolutely love that show)

jkh36619 and KCanuck like this.
  7. hertamaniac

hertamaniac Give me 95 degrees everyday

I live locally and have seen the show once (albeit the Christmas variant). As such, it was a once and done for us. The talent was above average and the food was good, but not great. It's just a personal choice and nothing against the show.

8. tinkerjo

tinkerjo Crazy Disney nut

It is a tradition for us. Every visit!! No exceptions. We still all laugh like idiots through the entire show

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  9. XXRAINMANX

XXRAINMANX Earning My Ears

I really wish that was the case with the Adventurer's Club. I worked DTD Pleasure Island as a DCP the June-Dec 2017. Honestly by the area was a shell of itself. The whole Island lost money nightly. I can't remember the exact numbers anymore but at one point I remember doing a cost analysis because why not,and estimated it lost somewhere around 20 Million annually. It took a lot of labor to run that area regardless of how busy or slow it was.

10. XXRAINMANX

XXRAINMANX Earning My Ears

1. Pins are like a 25cent investment for each tops for Disney. At one point they were literally giving them away to any guests at the resorts who stayed because it was a cheap/free add on that made people feel special and if it gets 1 in 100 into trading they've already made their money back.

2. This pricing model Disney has implemented is designed to give perceived deep discounts to entice guests to visit. They aren't dumb, they know another recession could happen. This allows them to make money now and have a substantial buffer in place if it does hit again. Remember Disney is profitable before the gates even open for the day. Giving discounted rooms last minute might cut into margin a little but overall it gives are greater sense of scarcity to system.

11. Moliphino

Moliphino DIS Veteran

Did you mean 2007? By 2017 it was long gone. I do remember the area being pretty dead towards the end, but the Adventurers Club always had a very loyal following.

12. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

My understanding is that City Walk took all the locals and PI couldn’t make on tourists only.