Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused3
I'm new, but has anyone ever done a FE gift that represented where they live?

We're Canadian and I was thinking I might do maple syrup candies for part of our FE's, not that there's that much stuff I can think of that would be terribly representative of Canada, but I have my thinking cap on!

I'm doing that :) It seems like a popular theme, expecially from people that do not live in the U.S.
Still, people living in the US do it as well :thumbsup2

Our cruise is doing a "Secret Mickey" exchange also in addition to the Fish Extender. The Secret Mickey is a nicer gift to one other cabin in the group...what sort of things would be good for this???? Help!!!

You are talking about the ones my mother made for our January cruise on pg 216 on this thread.

We used this for the inspiration: http://www.etsy.com/listing/8604583...e=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

And this was the tutorial that we used: http://bayoubags.com/2008/10/26/how-to-wristlet-key-fob-tutorial/

I had just googled key fob directions.

However couldn't find in the stores the 1 inch thick webbing so ours match up to the ribbon sizing more than the instructions called for. And my mother decided to substitute spring rings on the end instead of doing the clamp. Although I'm sure the clamp works better. I booked the cruise less than a month out so shipping supplies when I only signed up for the FE a couple weeks ago didn't happen.

The canvas bags and having them match was totally my mothers idea. I had purchased the bags to do this. http://family.go.com/crafts/craft-914179-mickey-tote-bag-t/ and she thought the ribbon at the top would be easier and tie it in with the key fobs more.

Wow! Thanks!

I hope you don't mind that I'm stealing your idea. I loved the photo. Wish I had found the link for the inexpensive totes. I got mine at JoAnn's on sale, but our FE group has grown to 60 participants, so even on sale, this is not a cheap project. I'm afraid I went the easy route with the key fob though. I just got key rings and sewed the ribbon together and then around the key fob. Much less fancy than yours, but it'll work I think.

Our cruise is doing a "Secret Mickey" exchange also in addition to the Fish Extender. The Secret Mickey is a nicer gift to one other cabin in the group...what sort of things would be good for this???? Help!!!

I did a large cross-stitch of our cruise logo for my Secret Mickey. I see you have a nice one on the bottom of your signature - that would make a beautiful cross-stitch if you do that sort of thing. My Secret Mickey saved for years to go on our cruise and she got the cross-stitch framed and it hangs in her living room - she sent me a photo after the cruise! It felt great that she loved it. (It took a lot of work, but turned out great!)

Steve ~ totally agree w/ poster... LOVE the pic you have w/ your signature. That caught my eye when I originally was booked w/ all of you for that cruise. Maybe have it printed on high-gloss or metalic-like paper and matted with room for sigs either from characters or even from the Dis group that is meeting on the cruise. I will continue to think on it ... :goodvibes

That is one of the the two ideas I have going on right now. Something from the area, or rather FL, and something a bit more handmade (sorry folks if it looks less than professional!!!)

The local item is easier to do, but the other, while not fancy, would allow a bit more uniqueness, even if you get 3 of them on the cruise!!! I have 20 days to decide!!!!

We're Canadian and I was thinking I might do maple syrup candies for part of our FE's, not that there's that much stuff I can think of that would be terribly representative of Canada, but I have my thinking cap on!

I dont know if it was on this thread or not, but I have seen Canadians give maple leaf/flag keychains and sock coin purses. I may have the wrong country, but do you have a candy called "Smarties"? They are not the same as the states, but are chocolate I believe?! Just some other ideas for you!

I dont know if it was on this thread or not, but I have seen Canadians give maple leaf/flag keychains and sock coin purses. I may have the wrong country, but do you have a candy called "Smarties"? They are not the same as the states, but are chocolate I believe?! Just some other ideas for you!

Yes! Smarties, they're just like m&m's. I forgot we have some different candy bars and stuff up here you can't get in the US, like do can you get coffee crisp down there? I remember sending a few different kinds to my aunt in NY.

Yes! Smarties, they're just like m&m's. I forgot we have some different candy bars and stuff up here you can't get in the US, like do can you get coffee crisp down there? I remember sending a few different kinds to my aunt in NY.

it was so funny watching our kids eat the smarties that we got as FE gifts. They thought they were going to me american smarties. It was a stock but a pleasant one. As to coffee crisps no we don't have them and boy do i wish we did they were so yummy.

Thanks for the information. I've never done one before and didn't know if anyone thought it was a good idea or not.
There is a chocolate candy that is synonymous with my area and I thought it would a neat idea.
I have some ideas...now to see if it will work.
Anyone else have any ideas with chocolate candy?

If it's the famous Milk Chocolate bar then how about a custom wrapper. You could ask a Disigner over on the Creative Disigner boards to make you something with your cruise dates. I know I've seen generic miniature wrappers too with the characters or even Kisses stickers for the bottoms. They may be under "Mels Bits and Bobs" by bababear.

If it's the famous Milk Chocolate bar then how about a custom wrapper. You could ask a Disigner over on the Creative Disigner boards to make you something with your cruise dates. I know I've seen generic miniature wrappers too with the characters or even Kisses stickers for the bottoms. They may be under "Mels Bits and Bobs" by bababear.

Wow, am I blown away by ideas here!
I love the candy and a crafty thing. I may have to give that a try!

Well, the famous chocolate bar is a close proximty, but mine would need to be round. ;)

I will have to check out the Creative Designer Boards. THANKS!

How about those chocolate bars that are filled with air bubbles? I don't remember the name but I LOVE those!!!

How about those chocolate bars that are filled with air bubbles? I don't remember the name but I LOVE those!!!

Aero--now Hershey's also has a version.

Some of these candy bars can also be found in Seattle--generally at Bartell's drugstores. Not generally Smarties, though.

Definitely Smarties for the kids, the smarties in the US are like Rocket Candy here. Also for the adults you could give a Tim Hortons coffee singles (I think you can buy them in 8-packs at Timmies) and Coffee Crisp chocolate bars. I bought some of their maple fudge and added a couple. The little maple candies would be good also The fudge though only seems to be available near Christmas time. I went to Timmies website and printed a bio about Tim Horton and included that.

Hey all -

I don't know if I am just over looking something or not, but I can't seem to find the SEWING directions for a FE. I tried searching the boards and just seem to end up going in circles or only finding no-sew directions.

IF anyone knows where I could find them, it would be greatly appreciated. Our cruise leaves in 2 months and we kind of need to get on that. hah!

Hey all -

I don't know if I am just over looking something or not, but I can't seem to find the SEWING directions for a FE. I tried searching the boards and just seem to end up going in circles or only finding no-sew directions.

IF anyone knows where I could find them, it would be greatly appreciated. Our cruise leaves in 2 months and we kind of need to get on that. hah!

If you go to the FAQ thread here, and scroll down to the "F" section it's in there.

We have SMARTIES here in Australia too, I am popping a box in with my chocolate bag as the edible part of my FE's for my upcoming cruise. I hope people like them :thumbsup2

I just went thru sooo many pages, looking to show my DH where I got my idea. I thought I wrote down the page number but must have lost it. I love seeing everyones gifts though. We had such fun last yr on our cruise with the FE and look forward to next wk going again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!