Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye Gal

Beach Girl Deep in the Land
After just getting back from our Double Dip Delight cruise, I have to say I was overjoyed with the homemade Fish Extender gifts. All FE gifts are greatly appreciated, and the experience is so much fun, yet the homemade ones are the sauce inside the Palo chocolate soufflé, so to speak! :lovestruc

We received so many wonderful homemade (HM) gifts that I thought we should showcase them to share with others in our DIS family! If my fellow DISers who left me some of these special HM gifts don't post pics of their gift, I certainly will! For now, I'll just post a couple of the gifts that I made for some of my FE recipients.

IMGP0100.jpg

Double Dip Delight Highlights: This is a basic pen style highlighter wrapped in an Avery address label that went through my printer to put the words on it in the Walt font. I then rubber stamped Mickey's body parts in the colors of black, red, and yellow onto the label (there are heads, shoes, and pants all around the barrel). After applying the label to the highlighter and placing super adhesive tape over it, I rolled it in clear micro beads. More detailed instructions are found in Post #189. (Note that "Double Dip Delight" is the coined name of our DISer cruise.)​
IMGP0102.jpg

Pirate Post-It Cover: Using pirate themed stamps and a roller stamp from Stampin' Up!, I rubber stamped the images onto cardstock. The images on the black cardstock paper were applied with white craft ink. The treasure chest was outlined with a marker and colored in with chalk. An antiqued brass brad is used as the chest's lock, which also went through the red mat that was glued to the cover. A small piece of sticky-backed Velco closes the flap. A pad of Post-Its was then glued to the black cardstock. Once the pad of Post-Its is gone, you can refill it!​
IMGP2017.jpg

Buckeye Keychain: Using drilled buckeye nuts and pony beads made this a quick regional craft that was given to most of the cabins on my list that had only adults. To accompany this, everyone received a Buckeye post-card that has the recipe for buckeye candy (YUM!).​

Please share your HM FE gift that you gave or received with the rest of us!

What a great thread! I made something for our FE exchange, but I can't show you yet- I'll be back in Nov after our cruise to post!:goodvibes

Hey girl, are you feeling better? Sorry you got sick on the cruise.

I have to tell you my son took the note you wrote and put it on the frig cause it was a note to him. He still has his pirate notes sitting on his bookself. Cause they are "Ethan notes only"

Keep in mind the only thing Ethan can write is his name:)

I was amazed at how much fun stuff we got from the FE. it was so worth all the work making my mini scrapbooks

I saw a thread once, where this lady had made these increadable scrapbooks for everyone in her FE group!! That post was amazing. I tried to find it but was unsucessful. IF anyone knows of this be sure to post it again in here. So worth looking. I would have fallen over to get something like that for a gift. As far as our next cruise, I know I am going to up the anti on what I bring as gifts. I felt like I brought little piddly stuff!

Hey girl, are you feeling better? Sorry you got sick on the cruise.

I have to tell you my son took the note you wrote and put it on the frig cause it was a note to him. He still has his pirate notes sitting on his bookself. Cause they are "Ethan notes only"

Keep in mind the only thing Ethan can write is his name:)

I was amazed at how much fun stuff we got from the FE. it was so worth all the work making my mini scrapbooks.

If you still have mine feel free to post a pic I gave them all away.

Awe....that's so cute of your DS!! Thanks for sharing that story.

I JUST started feeling like I was really really getting better on Thursday. I know I had something coming on right before the cruise, then I think I got what so many others from our group seemed to have gotten on top of that. It really did stink and put a huge hamper on my social time. :sad1:

Okay...you didn't even take a picture of this masterpiece!?!?!! I know you didn't want to see another file folder or piece of ribbon after making so many, but you need a pic! With that said, I'm not going to reduce the size of these so you can save them for yourself. Besides, everyone should see the details of this "purse scrapbook"! You really outdid yourself, and I'm glad I didn't have to fall over or even kill to get one! :rotfl:

I saw a thread once, where this lady had made these increadable scrapbooks for everyone in her FE group!! That post was amazing..... I would have fallen over to get something like that for a gift....

This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

IMGP2020.jpg

IMGP2021.jpg

IMGP2022.jpg

Are you SURE you don't want to share what you made....:rolleyes1

BUT, rest assured you EDC Magic members that my Scrapbook gift won't be as elaborate as that. I am a Cricut rookie. I do think you will still like my little gifts.

wuv tigger

BUT, rest assured you EDC Magic members that my Scrapbook gift won't be as elaborate as that. I am a Cricut rookie. I do think you will still like my little gifts.

wuv tigger

Whatever you've done I'm sure we'll all love. I'm still putting together my FE gift. Hope they aren't in all little pieces after shipping down (and that's the ONLY hint you will get and it's not a very good one either!!)
See you soon!
buku (kim)

I made bag/cellphone charms spelling out Magic/Wonder in letter beads with firepolished glass beads as accents. For our cruise on the Wonder I made multistranded necklaces with Swarovski Crystals and semi precious stones for all the girls/ woman in the exchange.

dolphingirl47

EVERYONE should feel proud that they put their hands to work on their FE gift!!!

I also received some beautiful personalized magnets that will bring great memories to me for years to come! It truly doesn't matter how small or big, all HM items are the sauce in the chocolate soufflé!!

princess: I am a fairly crafty person and I really hope our DIS group does the FE thing for our upcoming cruise in January. It sounds like so much fun and I know I could come up with some great homeade gifts!

I posted on our meet and greet page if anyone has ever participated in this before and so far no replies, but I just posted it yesterday. I hope there is some interest. :flower3:

This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

IMGP2020.jpg

I just want to second my thanks - this was one of my favorite gifts :worship: I have shown it to so many folks and they have been so amazed that someone on a cruise gave that to us! It will truly be treasured for years to come!

And Kimberly, thank you for sharing how you did that highlighter. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it and had no idea how you had done it....now I may have to borrow that idea for future cruises :rolleyes1

Damn, Just when I was starting to feel proud about my homemade FE gifts...

Come on El, and WuvTIgger, a sneak peek won't hurt!!!popcorn:: :rolleyes1

That would require me to take a pix. Then download it. Then learn to post it on the boards. Naaaw, that's too much learning this close to the cruise.:rotfl:

I am almost finished with our FE survival bags.

I got some really neat stuff. I will share 1 thing that I put in there:

What a great thread! I love seeing how creative people are! I'm creating for my December cruise...I hate to post in advance..as I want the gifts to be surprises...but, will for sure share afterwards........

I wondered who did the beaded highlighter and sticky note pad! Maybe I or one of the kids pulled off a tag you had put on it before I noticed. I really enjoyed both and used the highlighter throughout the cruise. Still using it!

That scrapbook was just awesome - that was a lot of work. It would take me a year to put something like that together for so many people - there were over 50 of us doing the FE!

I enjoyed all the gifts and it was an excellent mix of handmade and store bought things. I swear my 6 year old's favorite toy the whole cruise were some plastic vampire teeth that someone put in one of the bags - LOL!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!