• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always looking for FE gift ideas for the home. Little treasures that will provide smiles every day, and here's one I had to share for all my sewing friends.
Just think of how cute and cheaply this could be made! Find a great picture of Mickey and use fabric transfer paper with you printer and transfer the picture onto some cream fabric. Sew the cream fabric onto a premade bag or sew a simple bag yourself. You'd have to figure out an idea of how they'd close the bag, but that shouldn't be hard, a flap with a button or some velcro. Attach a tag explaining that it's a doorstop and they can fill a ziploc bag with sand or beans, and place it inside the bag. :cloud9: Every summer when I open the window my doors are forever getting slammed shut. This way Mickey would help keep the doors open. Perfect!
It's also great for people who fly because these little cuties wouldn't take up any space in your suitcase!

photo-1.jpg

I'm always looking for FE gift ideas for the home. Little treasures that will provide smiles every day, and here's one I had to share for all my sewing friends.
Just think of how cute and cheaply this could be made! Find a great picture of Mickey and use fabric transfer paper with you printer and transfer the picture onto some cream fabric. Sew the cream fabric onto a premade bag or sew a simple bag yourself. You'd have to figure out an idea of how they'd close the bag, but that shouldn't be hard, a flap with a button or some velcro. Attach a tag explaining that it's a doorstop and they can fill a ziploc bag with sand or beans, and place it inside the bag. :cloud9: Every summer when I open the window my doors are forever getting slammed shut. This way Mickey would help keep the doors open. Perfect!
It's also great for people who fly because these little cuties wouldn't take up any space in your suitcase!

photo-1.jpg

I love this idea!!! I live in Socal and when we get those nice Santa Ana winds I love to open all the windows and I too have my door slamming shut! This is too cute.. I might just try this! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Some thoughts please: what can I do with sunglass bags for the ladies? How can they be decorated or personalized? Is this something you would enjoy receiving? Thanks for your input! :hippie:

Some thoughts please: what can I do with sunglass bags for the ladies? How can they be decorated or personalized? Is this something you would enjoy receiving? Thanks for your input! :hippie:

I saw some today at a craft fair made of out Disney patterned fleece with drawstrings sewn at the top for closure. Was sooo tempted to buy one even though I have a perfectly functional sunglass case. You could hook beads with their initials on the drawstring to personalize them.

So here are my items from our cruise on the Magic for March 3-10th.

I did a bag (was supposed to be embroidered with each family's name and a mickey head, but I ran out of time) for the adults with three things:

1. Emergency kit like stuff that was anything from pop up hampers, ziplocks, zipties, highlighter pens, flashlights, qtips, tissues, hand sanitizers, etc. They varied a bit per bag based on what I was able to find enough of.

2. Starbucks Via Coffee packets (gotta have some Seattle!)

3. A disney nightlight I found at the dollar store.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then I did individual bags for the kids, based on their favorite disney characters. I called them their "quiet as a mouse" kits. They included all kinds of things from the dollar store, that included:

Notepad of paper
crayons
playdough
markers, stamps, etc
stickers
card games
glitter glue..

basically all kinds of things that I thought would be fun for kids to do at dinners or when they had to be quiet. :) Inside was also a pirate gift bag for pirate night that had butterscotch candies, pirate tattoos, pirate stickers, and glow sticks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I thought I was being really clever with these gifts until we started receiving gifts from our other Disboard cruisers... it seemed we all basically had the same ideas and shopped at the same places! I got back the very stuff I gave out, we all did some sort of emergency kit stuff, same disney brand stuff from the dollar store, etc. We all gave out the same kind of stuff! Too funny.

So next time I will stick to something much simpler, much more unique, and just ONE thing. :)

I did a bag (was supposed to be embroidered with each family's name and a mickey head, but I ran out of time) for the adults with three things:

1. Emergency kit like stuff that was anything from pop up hampers, ziplocks, zipties, highlighter pens, flashlights, qtips, tissues, hand sanitizers, etc. They varied a bit per bag based on what I was able to find enough of.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then I did individual bags for the kids, based on their favorite disney characters. I called them their "quiet as a mouse" kits. They included all kinds of things from the dollar store, that included:

Notepad of paper
crayons
playdough
markers, stamps, etc
stickers
card games
glitter glue..

basically all kinds of things that I thought would be fun for kids to do at dinners or when they had to be quiet. :) Inside was also a pirate gift bag for pirate night that had butterscotch candies, pirate tattoos, pirate stickers, and glow sticks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I thought I was being really clever with these gifts until we started receiving gifts from our other Disboard cruisers... it seemed we all basically had the same ideas and shopped at the same places! I got back the very stuff I gave out, we all did some sort of emergency kit stuff, same disney brand stuff from the dollar store, etc. We all gave out the same kind of stuff! Too funny.

So next time I will stick to something much simpler, much more unique, and just ONE thing. :)

Wow! Those are some cute bags!! Especially the ones for the children, I bet they all felt special getting such a great gift, I know I would!

I had such a blast preparing and putting these together. My FE group was so much fun - I hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did. I also gave some pirate necklaces and zipper pulls that I'd bought on Etsy and then also some post it note holders that I made, but sadly can't find the pictures of.[/QUOTE]

We LOVED, LOVED all your gifts!!! DD16 and I were amazed to get so many wonderful things from you! Thanks so much for all the time, effort, and expense. We used or will use it all. I loved our FE group, and it was such a fun experience. I was amazed that sometimes we would be in our room for just a few minutes and come back out to find something else in our fish extender! :thumbsup2

Thanks again, and it was fun meeting you and your daughter on Pirate Night. The shirts made identifying you easy! pirate:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Notepad of paper
crayons
playdough
markers, stamps, etc
stickers
card games
glitter glue..

4.jpg

5.jpg

Where did you find the bags you put the emergency kits in? Since I am also a WA resident maybe I would be able to find some for a project for my cruise. Thanks

Where did you find the bags you put the emergency kits in? Since I am also a WA resident maybe I would be able to find some for a project for my cruise. Thanks

Judy-

They look like pencil pouches. I have seen them at Dollar Tree. I had got mine for my 2 older ones for school at Walmart. They go right into their 3 ring binder.

I wonder if anyone can help me - I have searched this thread to no avail. A while ago, I saw a photo here of a FE gift that someone had made. They took canvas bags and decorated them with Disney themed ribbon. They added a matching ribbon keychain. I stole the idea and am halfway through my bags, but have no idea how to make the keychains! I was going to ask the individual how they made them, but I can't find the original post with the photo. :confused3

Does anyone know what I'm refering to? Or better yet, is the wonderful crafty person around who would be able to point me in the right direction? I love the idea and would appreciate any help you could offer!

Thanks!

Notepad of paper
crayons
playdough
markers, stamps, etc
stickers
card games
glitter glue..

FANTABULOUS!! :woohoo:

Hi Binab! My cabin was in the other FE group on your cruise, and don't get me wrong, we LOOOOVVVEEEDDD our FE group gifts, but my little girl and I were so jealous of the sparkly bag and pirate shirts you gave out! So awesome! WE wanted one!!!!! lol

Here are some homemade gifts I gave for our FE... I make bling shirts and such, so of course I had to spread the sparkly love to my FE. :)

The first was a big zipper topped bag that I gave each family on the first night:

IMAG1011.jpg

...and then pirate shirts were given to the kids only the night before Pirate Night. Girls got the bling, boys got the vinyl.

IMAG0994.jpg
IMAG0995.jpg

I had such a blast preparing and putting these together. My FE group was so much fun - I hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did. I also gave some pirate necklaces and zipper pulls that I'd bought on Etsy and then also some post it note holders that I made, but sadly can't find the pictures of.

I wonder if anyone can help me - I have searched this thread to no avail. A while ago, I saw a photo here of a FE gift that someone had made. They took canvas bags and decorated them with Disney themed ribbon. They added a matching ribbon keychain. I stole the idea and am halfway through my bags, but have no idea how to make the keychains! I was going to ask the individual how they made them, but I can't find the original post with the photo. :confused3

Does anyone know what I'm refering to? Or better yet, is the wonderful crafty person around who would be able to point me in the right direction? I love the idea and would appreciate any help you could offer!

Thanks!

You described one of my FE gifts to a T! But when I went back and looked at the photo I posted, it didn't include the ribbon keychain I had on the bag. So it wasn't me. Evidently, I must've seen the same picture you're talking about and stole the idea from that person!! :rotfl: Hope you get a reply soon.

I'm going to be making word finds and possibly a crossword for my FE gifts. If anyone has any suggestions for words to include I would appreciate them! It will be on an 8 night Western Magic cruise. TIA!

Thanks!
Look on page 201, it may be what you are looking for.

Hi Binab! My cabin was in the other FE group on your cruise, and don't get me wrong, we LOOOOVVVEEEDDD our FE group gifts, but my little girl and I were so jealous of the sparkly bag and pirate shirts you gave out! So awesome! WE wanted one!!!!! lol

That's EXACTLY why nobody in our FE group wanted to split it up...everyone was too afraid they'd miss out on something neat.

I'm going to be making word finds and possibly a crossword for my FE gifts. If anyone has any suggestions for words to include I would appreciate them! It will be on an 8 night Western Magic cruise. TIA!

How about:

Magic
Caribbean
Animators Palate
Parrot Cay
Lumiers
Mickey
Minnie
Pluto
Goofy
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral (or just Port)
Ocean
Cruise
Life Boat
Stateroom
Muster Drill
Shuffle Board
Dreams
Porthole
Verandah
Twice Charmed
Villains Tonight
Pirate Night
And then you could also include the names of the ports you're going to.

Sounds like a fun FE gift. Have fun!!!!

You described one of my FE gifts to a T! But when I went back and looked at the photo I posted, it didn't include the ribbon keychain I had on the bag. So it wasn't me. Evidently, I must've seen the same picture you're talking about and stole the idea from that person!! :rotfl: Hope you get a reply soon.

How did you make your keychains? The picture I saw had the keychain laying on the canvas bag. The ribbon was sewn together and then around the metal ring. The ribbon matched the ribbon that was sewn to the handles and along the top of the bag. I thought this was a neat and useful idea that wouldn't be too time-consuming. In the past, I've done cross-stitch, but we are already up to 55 cabins and there's no way I'm going to be able to 55 cross-stitches!!!!

I played around with some excess ribbon this morning and have come up with something that works. Just wanted to compare it to the photo and thank the person for posting.

Look on page 201, it may be what you are looking for.

Thanks for looking - unfortunately, this isn't the photo. I do like the ribbon around the bottom though. that's a nice touch!

How did you make your keychains? The picture I saw had the keychain laying on the canvas bag. The ribbon was sewn together and then around the metal ring. The ribbon matched the ribbon that was sewn to the handles and along the top of the bag. I thought this was a neat and useful idea that wouldn't be too time-consuming. In the past, I've done cross-stitch, but we are already up to 55 cabins and there's no way I'm going to be able to 55 cross-stitches!!!!

I played around with some excess ribbon this morning and have come up with something that works. Just wanted to compare it to the photo and thank the person for posting.

Thanks for looking - unfortunately, this isn't the photo. I do like the ribbon around the bottom though. that's a nice touch!

Sorry, I didn't have ribbon on the handles so I'm not any help (in fact, my post was on page 201, so it's probably the one referenced above).

Good Luck - I hope you're able to get some advice.

How about:

Magic
Caribbean
Animators Palate
Parrot Cay
Lumiers
Mickey
Minnie
Pluto
Goofy
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral (or just Port)
Ocean
Cruise
Life Boat
Stateroom
Muster Drill
Shuffle Board
Dreams
Porthole
Verandah
Twice Charmed
Villains Tonight
Pirate Night
And then you could also include the names of the ports you're going to.

Sounds like a fun FE gift. Have fun!!!!

Thanks so much! This really helps! :goodvibes

Me too... I'm starting to lose hope for having a FE group for my July cruise. :( Hope we both get some more people! :thumbsup2

I also know the feeling - my DD10 has looked at this whole thread and is so excited about the fish extenders and as of now there is no one else on our February 2013 cruise! I am hoping it is just too far out! We will just keep checking,:earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter