Home made autograph book help!!!! Possible to seal the cover???

I wanted to share my complete autograph book with you since you helped me. There are still a fe bubbles but not very noticeable and got less noticeable after the about 5 layers of mod podge and then 5 layers of the sealer.
Thanks so much!!
100_3698.jpg

They look great! We're always our own worst critics :upsidedow

I am just surfing the boards looking for autograph book ideas. These look great!

This looks really good! (I really like the Chip & Dale cover - love those guys!)

In case you run into this again, are doing another project, or if anyone else out there want's something that won't take quite as long to do, you should try EnviroTex Lite®. You can get it at Michaels, but the Jo-Ann's up here doesn't carry it. :( It's a little more expensive than Modge Podge, but if you figure you just put on like 5 coats of Modge Podge and 5 of sealer, then it is definately worth it.

This stuff is what a lot of bars use - it is seriously industrial strength. The Michaels here has a display of a couple projects that have had this done. It is thick and durable! A friend of mine did this to a couple chipboard tiles with her kid's pictures on them (ages 4 & 6). They use them to play tic-tac-toe and have thrown them around and stepped on them in the car.

It won't bubble the paper because it is so thick and heavy, but sometimes you'll see bubbles in the actual epoxy. Just take a straw and blow OUT to move the bubbles to the edges and then you can sand them away once dry. (I cap "OUT" because it is so strong, you don't want to inhale it - just like the sealer spray stuff.)

Sorry I didn't see this sooner to offer help, but it came out really cute!

How does the EnviroTex Lite stuff get applied? From the picture on the box it looks like you pour it on? How would that work with an autograph book?

Sorry for such a dumb question but I'm very new to these types of crafts. :rolleyes:

I just know I would mess it up if I didn't ask a million questions. :scared: :eek: :rotfl2:

How does the EnviroTex Lite stuff get applied? From the picture on the box it looks like you pour it on? How would that work with an autograph book?

You do have to pour it on. If it's a post bound or spiral bound book, you'd just take it apart and pour it on the cover. If it's already bound, then you'd have to use Masking and Duct tape to build a moat of sorts (only did this once and a bit time consuming). Then when it hardens and you take off the tape, sand down the sides a lot as the Epoxy is a good 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch itself. The key is to really read the directions, get a good mix and blow out the bubbles throughout the process. I also suggest practicing once before using this to make sure you have the technique down.

This looks really good! (I really like the Chip & Dale cover - love those guys!)

In case you run into this again, are doing another project, or if anyone else out there want's something that won't take quite as long to do, you should try EnviroTex Lite®. You can get it at Michaels, but the Jo-Ann's up here doesn't carry it. :( It's a little more expensive than Modge Podge, but if you figure you just put on like 5 coats of Modge Podge and 5 of sealer, then it is definately worth it.

This stuff is what a lot of bars use - it is seriously industrial strength. The Michaels here has a display of a couple projects that have had this done. It is thick and durable! A friend of mine did this to a couple chipboard tiles with her kid's pictures on them (ages 4 & 6). They use them to play tic-tac-toe and have thrown them around and stepped on them in the car.

It won't bubble the paper because it is so thick and heavy, but sometimes you'll see bubbles in the actual epoxy. Just take a straw and blow OUT to move the bubbles to the edges and then you can sand them away once dry. (I cap "OUT" because it is so strong, you don't want to inhale it - just like the sealer spray stuff.)

Sorry I didn't see this sooner to offer help, but it came out really cute!

Do you have a picture of one you did with this? I have never heard of this product before, thanks!

Do you have a picture of one you did with this? I have never heard of this product before, thanks!

Unfortunately, I am in the midst of packing (writing from work - blush). I will try to address this request once my home computer is living again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter