Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

The first time we rode Hagrid's (day after opening, when we waited in line for 9 hours), they snaked the line through the Sinbad show area. Your pictures brought back some funny memories!

I've been reading along, and just realized we were there at the same time! We were at Disney for a couple of days then at USO Dec 3/4th for the meetup. Took a moms only trip, just my sister in law and I. Between us we have 4 boys, 7, 7 (cousins not twins lol) 10 and 13, so it was really nice to get to just do what we wanted. Tho several times thru the trip we'd just randomly say "stop touching that! Leave your brother alone!!!" It just felt weird to go more than an hour or 2 without saying it lol. It was the most glorious weather that week. I couldn't have asked for nicer weather, even at midnight it wasn't too chilly. I plan to make that an annual trip, my husband just doesn't know that yet lol.

The first time we rode Hagrid's (day after opening, when we waited in line for 9 hours), they snaked the line through the Sinbad show area. Your pictures brought back some funny memories!

I remember now it was you mentioning lining for 9 hours!!! I couldn`t remember who said it when I spoke to Tom about it on our trip, I did say can you imagine waiting hours for that ride, well any ride..........doh!!

Oh goodness yes, you deserved an award for that wait! At least you won`t need to wait that length of time for the VC....... :thumbsup2

I've been reading along, and just realized we were there at the same time! We were at Disney for a couple of days then at USO Dec 3/4th for the meetup. Took a moms only trip, just my sister in law and I. Between us we have 4 boys, 7, 7 (cousins not twins lol) 10 and 13, so it was really nice to get to just do what we wanted. Tho several times thru the trip we'd just randomly say "stop touching that! Leave your brother alone!!!" It just felt weird to go more than an hour or 2 without saying it lol. It was the most glorious weather that week. I couldn't have asked for nicer weather, even at midnight it wasn't too chilly. I plan to make that an annual trip, my husband just doesn't know that yet lol.

The weather was stupendous our whole trip. And especially our second week the evenings were incredibly warm, much more than expected, which was lovely.

That does sound a lovely trip with your SiL, and yes, wonderful idea to make it a yearly girls trip and without 4 boys that age too gives you a lovely chance to chill out for sure.

We did the OI event on Friday 3rd too, loved it.

The Seuss artwork is quite extraordinary and a little provocative in many ways, when I looked into his work after a previous visit when another young man explained at length some of Seuss history which was quite fascinating in a weird way.
it’s fascinating stuff :). Don’t think I’ve seen that one figurine on the right, looks like it might be Jim Shore. Didn’t think U sold his stuff
Poseidon`s Adventure was closed for a slight refurb......we never go on it so it didn`t bother us at all, but many do enjoy it.
same story every trip since 9/20 for us lol. We love it, expect it to languish until they tweak it into something else. Always thot it would be perfect addition to HP re the Balisk battle
Hardly anyone wanders around here, although I am supposed to stop telling folks all the quiet areas there are in the parks, but when you read folks say there are no quiet areas anywhere in the Universal parks, it does get dreary. There are plenty of places as of yet, still undiscovered.
doesn’t matter what park, people nearly run you over with their eye on the prize/whatever hot ride lol

The weather was stupendous our whole trip. And especially our second week the evenings were incredibly warm, much more than expected, which was lovely.

That does sound a lovely trip with your SiL, and yes, wonderful idea to make it a yearly girls trip and without 4 boys that age too gives you a lovely chance to chill out for sure.

We did the OI event on Friday 3rd too, loved it.
I fully expected to be freezing so I was happy to just need a sweatshirt. Next time I make this trip I'm going to have to watch on here to see if anyones dates align with mine. The meet up was amazing but it was the end of a very long park commando week and I think I was overwhelmed and to tired to fully enjoy it. I didn't even eat any food!!! what the heck. But we did get cool tattoos in city walk to commemorate it lol. That ate up a couple of hours of our time that could have been better planned.

it’s fascinating stuff :). Don’t think I’ve seen that one figurine on the right, looks like it might be Jim Shore. Didn’t think U sold his stuff

same story every trip since 9/20 for us lol. We love it, expect it to languish until they tweak it into something else. Always thot it would be perfect addition to HP re the Balisk battle

doesn’t matter what park, people nearly run you over with their eye on the prize/whatever hot ride lol

We did notice, actually the previous park day, we saw a lot of rudeness and lack of consideration of others around, I got bumped more than once and never heard an apology, then one man bumped me with his rucksack and I was about to be sarcastic, but he couldn`t have been more apologetic, so I was glad I didn`t do my impression of a rottweiller!

I always think of you when I see Poseidon building. You`re correct, it would make an excellent Potter building for the basilisk....although I hope not. Ministry of Magic was being bandied around for a while. Such a huge building.

But then the Sindbad building must be being considered for something sometime soon I would have thought, although Epic Universe is certainly taking their attentions right now.

I fully expected to be freezing so I was happy to just need a sweatshirt. Next time I make this trip I'm going to have to watch on here to see if anyones dates align with mine. The meet up was amazing but it was the end of a very long park commando week and I think I was overwhelmed and to tired to fully enjoy it. I didn't even eat any food!!! what the heck. But we did get cool tattoos in city walk to commemorate it lol. That ate up a couple of hours of our time that could have been better planned.

lol....that`s not something you hear everyday.....you passed a couple of hours getting a tattoo.

I wished we had gone both nights as we really only stayed in IOA....for the VC really.......but we loved it. I think there were quite a few folks there from the Dis, we only met a couple and very briefly.

I don`t think we even needed an extra top at night, but we had them with us just in case.

lol....that`s not something you hear everyday.....you passed a couple of hours getting a tattoo.

I wished we had gone both nights as we really only stayed in IOA....for the VC really.......but we loved it. I think there were quite a few folks there from the Dis, we only met a couple and very briefly.

I don`t think we even needed an extra top at night, but we had them with us just in case.
it really was a very spur of the moment decision. We were at toothsome and a friend we were with started talking about it. We went and made appointments around 230 and got them done around 8. It was ridiculously overpriced, but well done. And I'd have never done it here at home even tho I've been wanting this for years. I guess it's more fun if you overpay lol. I am really hoping they have another winter meetup that we can attend. Unfortunately the June one is a week after we will be at universal and I can't talk everyone else into changing the whole trip lol

it really was a very spur of the moment decision. We were at toothsome and a friend we were with started talking about it. We went and made appointments around 230 and got them done around 8. It was ridiculously overpriced, but well done. And I'd have never done it here at home even tho I've been wanting this for years. I guess it's more fun if you overpay lol. I am really hoping they have another winter meetup that we can attend. Unfortunately the June one is a week after we will be at universal and I can't talk everyone else into changing the whole trip lol

As long as you`re happy with it.

I don`t know if we`ll be there for next Decembers meetup, we haven`t chosen dates as our flights have not been released yet but yes, hope to go to and hope to go with a friend from the hotel who we should have gone with this year, but well, things change. We lasted to almost midnight which is good for us!!

It really is a fabulous event and we were so glad they let us defer our tickets from 2020 when we weren`t allowed to travel.

That`s a shame you`re missing June by such a short time.

We wandered further round and took our time in the JP area, another area we haven`t completely explored, we`ve never wandered to the Tree House or even spent much time up there. Pteranadon Flyers is a ride you can only go on if you have kids below a certain height, but to be honest it has never appealed much at all to us.....

It is a well designed area though with quite a few things to enjoy including the lovely Thunder Falls Terrace which we do enjoy and planned to eat here at some point soon.

i-CPv4rXw-X2.jpg

This vehicle used to be further round and it does kinda suit being here rather than out of the way where several folks passed it by apparently.

i-Tp9Lwkz-X2.jpg

We didn`t go on anything like Doom, Spiderman or The Hulk today, but we did peek over the fence to see the line that had been set up outside SpiderMan, this was the first we had seen this before and I was glad I`d never be in that line for real, it looked like it would take forever to get through.

i-d4V66PK-X2.jpg

Confisco Grille is one of our favourite places in either park for lunch and the design is classically stunning and fits like a glove into POE. Although we had already eaten here and it wasn`t our best experience there, but, we would go back to meet a Dis friend later in the trip, and we would still absolutely go back next trip too.....we like the menu and the service has always been top notch.

i-gVSjMv8-X2.jpg

i-RP3VNqD-X2.jpg

I could sound the dullest person on the planet (been called much worse) but POE is just stunning........colours and theme we just love....and it is cohesive from start to finish, that theme runs through it and even the tiniest of details mean something, we just love it...especially the Christmas Store. I much prefer this one over the other Christmas Store in the Studios which is smaller and carries much less stock.

But, I do love they have always had two permanent Christmas Stores in the parks and pop in to them both every time we`re in the parks, I mever know I might have missed something.....Tom doubts that very much!!!

i-4584bLd-X2.jpg

i-gDpPsbC-X2.jpg

This is one of my favourite views in the whole of UOR.......it is so beautiful and well manicured, but not too fussy if you know what I mean.

i-SRxj2RR-X2.jpg

i-HpVsCdg-X2.jpg

i-2NzrWn8-X2.jpg

We walked home and freshened up before heading to the Mall at Millenia for some lunch and a quick wander round although we didn`t plan to buy anything today, this was strictly a mooch and for The Cheesecake Factory as we had promised Kyle his dad would get a slice of his favourite ever chocolate cake......Linda`s Chocolate Fudge cake.

It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the Mall, and we love this Mall more than any other, it just has a lovely feel to it and most of the stores are lovely to wander round even if you`re not purchasing anything.

And they have the nicest tree.

i-GD2Fvxw-X2.jpg

The CF is not overly busy today but we give our name and wait to be taken to a table, and of course admire the cheesecake options before being seated.

i-JXTGXWm-X2.jpg

I would have loved this coconut one, but we were eating later too, so we didn`t get it, but I wished I had got one to go in the fridge.......I adore coconut anything!!

i-ZGkLn9m-X2.jpg

Even the fussiest of eaters can get something here.

i-tRQnhQ6-X2.jpg

It didn`t look too busy today, but we ended up on a regular table in the bar area which was nice for a change.

i-QbzBx3T-X2.jpg

It can take you forever to choose a dish from here as the menu is massive. Huge.

What we did know was, always order the lunch size portion of whatever dish you get if it has that option, genuinely, if you have never visited it, be prepared to be astonished at the size. Certainly coming from the UK, we aren`t used to portions as large, so it was quite eye opening from our first visit there in 07.

We do get the bread service but I don`t think we really touched it today.

i-pGdLnGf-X2.jpg

I went with the Orange Chicken with fries and Tom as he had promised Kyle, got the Chocolate Fudge Cake.......

The chicken was delicious, light and not too heavy on the batter, but not too strong a flavour and not in the least bit spicy......I wish I had asked for some jalapenos on the side.

i-ZhfTQbV-X2.jpg

I think if you`ve ever read any of these TR`s before, you`ll know I`m not a fan of chocolate cake at all.....I have no idea how they can eat this as it the richest, heaviest most decadent of cakes ever........but they can both demolish a slice with ease.

Maybe I`m jealous as the slices of cheesecake they have here, I can eat only a spoonful and that`s just about enough for me.

i-vNkjnnq-X2.jpg

i-bqKdvdG-X2.jpg

He did clear his plate.

I ate the chicken and a few fries and enjoyed a couple of strawberry lemonades which are lovely here.

We had a wander round the Mall and I eyed up a few things I`d pick up in a future visit......but for the most part we just window shopped and wandered around.

i-vzL63Lv-X2.jpg

We did go back to the hotel as I wanted to change and pick up some chocolate gifts we bought for the friends we were heading off to meet soon..........yes.........

****At Disney****

i-JGCmsbS-Th.gif

Pteranadon Flyers is a ride you can only go on if you have kids below a certain height, but to be honest it has never appealed much at all to us.....

I find this funny because that coaster looks about my speed lol. I always wanted to ride but never was there when my kids were small enough lol. I may have to borrow a child someday to go on.

It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the Mall, and we love this Mall more than any other, it just has a lovely feel to it and most of the stores are lovely to wander round even if you`re not purchasing anything.

The thought of just wandering aimlessly in a mall sounds so decadent right now. I have not (been able to) do that for ages thanks to Covid. When/if our malls are even open here, you want to just get in and get out lol no window shopping! Ugh.

We do get the bread service but I don`t think we really touched it today.

I absolutely love that brown bread that they have there when it's warm and fresh with tons of butter. Yum. I hear you though everything is so massive there...the cheesecakes are great when you are home (or have a fridge) to store leftovers and eat them for the next two or three days lol.

I find this funny because that coaster looks about my speed lol. I always wanted to ride but never was there when my kids were small enough lol. I may have to borrow a child someday to go on.

The thought of just wandering aimlessly in a mall sounds so decadent right now. I have not (been able to) do that for ages thanks to Covid. When/if our malls are even open here, you want to just get in and get out lol no window shopping! Ugh.

I absolutely love that brown bread that they have there when it's warm and fresh with tons of butter. Yum. I hear you though everything is so massive there...the cheesecakes are great when you are home (or have a fridge) to store leftovers and eat them for the next two or three days lol.

lol....so funny! I hear so many folks say they want to borrow a kid to get on it......

I can imagine how you`re keen to get back to Malls. It really has affected so many things, and simple things too. We did enjoy it I have to say, although there were no masks so it was very nice.

I just can`t eat a lot of sweet at the one time......so it`s not worth me getting one unless we share as I don`t go back to it later in case my tummy gets offended.....lol......and those cheesecakes are unbelievably sweet as you know.

With bread I can usually only eat white with the exception of an occasional slice from Longhorn......but Tom loves the brown from CF too :thumbsup2

What a beautiful day! The Mall tree was just lovely. Cheesecake Factory portions are ridiculous — but boy that coconut cheesecake looked good! Can I just say how much I love Tom having the chocolate cake in honor of Kyle? What a thoughtful dad 😉

I also love that you take the time to appreciate all the details in POE. Most people just rush through to get to the rides and don’t even realize what a themed treasure it is.

The year-round Christmas store is a treat. This was my first time there at Christmas, and it just seemed like there were more things to see in the store, like they had taken it up a notch.

What a peaceful trip to IOA from RPR. I always feel like waves of relaxation are just washing over me.

My husband is also not a Seuss fan. He picked up one of the books to read our son when he was small, and it just went on and on with the rhyming. He vowed to never read another one 🤣 it is a gorgeous part of the park. The vivid colors and fun shapes just make you smile.

You had wonderful luck with weather! I’m so happy to see you not needing a jacket 🎉

What a beautiful day! The Mall tree was just lovely. Cheesecake Factory portions are ridiculous — but boy that coconut cheesecake looked good! Can I just say how much I love Tom having the chocolate cake in honor of Kyle? What a thoughtful dad 😉

I also love that you take the time to appreciate all the details in POE. Most people just rush through to get to the rides and don’t even realize what a themed treasure it is.

The year-round Christmas store is a treat. This was my first time there at Christmas, and it just seemed like there were more things to see in the store, like they had taken it up a notch.

What a peaceful trip to IOA from RPR. I always feel like waves of relaxation are just washing over me.

My husband is also not a Seuss fan. He picked up one of the books to read our son when he was small, and it just went on and on with the rhyming. He vowed to never read another one 🤣 it is a gorgeous part of the park. The vivid colors and fun shapes just make you smile.

You had wonderful luck with weather! I’m so happy to see you not needing a jacket 🎉

lol......he`s a good dad!!

Oh I agree, POE is stunning and so many things to see there, both Christmas stores are lovely, but the one in IOA is just amazing. The sounds of the Christmas songs, I swear every time we went in Last Christmas by Gorgeous George Michael was on every single time.....loved it........and I agree, staying at RP is just so relaxing, we loved every second we were there.

I don`t blame Mr Worfie for that.....they are quite hard to get into if you`re not used to them. I read to Kyle every single night from when he was a baby, and the ones I used to avoid were the Mr Men books....not sure if you had them over there....Mr Happy, Mr whoever........oh they were a drudge but Kyle liked them. They weren`t his favourites, but by goodness he noticed if i missed them out of their routine......lol.....

Oh we were so lucky with our weather this past trip......we just expected it to be much cooler during the day than it was but we were certain it would be cooler at night than it was. Loved it........ ::yes::

Poseidon`s Adventure
We just think it`s a massive waste of space that could be better utilised in something else better.....
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks this! We haven't been in a few years but I honestly just didn't get the attraction at all!
But, but, what about the strange woman you mentioned, put me out of my misery Carole!
Me too lol
I used to avoid were the Mr Men books....not sure if you had them over there....Mr Happy, Mr whoever........oh they were a drudge
:rotfl:I'm beginning to think we are alot alike! I dreaded those Mr Men and Little Miss books. My eldest loved Little Miss Sunshine and Mr Bump. I may have conveniently left them at Granny's on occasion :scared1::rotfl2:
Ok now I'm going to sound stupid but can I ask what TM stands for? Is it task member? I'm sure once you tell me I'll realise I knew all along but for the life of me I can't think right now lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks this! We haven't been in a few years but I honestly just didn't get the attraction at all!

Me too lol

:rotfl:I'm beginning to think we are alot alike! I dreaded those Mr Men and Little Miss books. My eldest loved Little Miss Sunshine and Mr Bump. I may have conveniently left them at Granny's on occasion :scared1::rotfl2:
Ok now I'm going to sound stupid but can I ask what TM stands for? Is it task member? I'm sure once you tell me I'll realise I knew all along but for the life of me I can't think right now lol

lol....sounds like we are alike........we sometimes look after my friends granddaughter, she is almost 6 now but loves the Mr Men series.......I tell her they`re too hard for me and can I read her Old Bear instead.......lol.......I don`t blame you for being Mrs Forgetful at times with them........haha...

TM just means Team Member.......Disney has Cast Members.......you`ll have known it, but yes, at times I look and them and I think what the heck does that mean :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter