Hollywood Studios The Most Popular of the 4 Parks?

TomorrowlandKD

Nowwwww approaching...
I've been following the "availability" calendar on the WDW website.

If you look at the patterns of the days where there is now limited availability, it's interesting to me that Hollywood Studios is consistently "sold out" every single one of those days, where the Magic Kingdom is available on every single one of those days. The Magic Kingdom!!

I found that to be interesting that the popularity seems to have shifted to MGM, sorry, Hollywood Studios over the MK. Obviously it must be the Galaxy's Edge draw. But still, interesting...

The Magic Kingdom will always be popular because when you say Disney World that's what your mind goes to. It's classic Disney. The fact that Hollywood Studios just opened up Star Wars and Toy Story lands probably has an influence as well. Plus, they have more thrill rides than any of the parks. Epcot is probably losing some interest with all the construction, but will probably pick back up when that's done. I'm not saying AK is the "worst" park, but sometimes I feel like people put it to the side with it being kind of by itself.

I like each park for different reasons. I love MK but for me the best part is the experience. Just soaking it all in. The rides are obviously fun but it's the atmosphere that makes it for me. Epcot is good for exploring new things, HS has thrill rides and AK has a little of everything. It's been about five years since I've been but that was how I felt the last time I went.

The Magic Kingdom will always be popular because when you say Disney World that's what your mind goes to. It's classic Disney. The fact that Hollywood Studios just opened up Star Wars and Toy Story lands probably has an influence as well. Plus, they have more thrill rides than any of the parks. Epcot is probably losing some interest with all the construction, but will probably pick back up when that's done. I'm not saying AK is the "worst" park, but sometimes I feel like people put it to the side with it being kind of by itself.

I like each park for different reasons. I love MK but for me the best part is the experience. Just soaking it all in. The rides are obviously fun but it's the atmosphere that makes it for me. Epcot is good for exploring new things, HS has thrill rides and AK has a little of everything. It's been about five years since I've been but that was how I felt the last time I went.

Good stuff. So what would be your favorite favorite?

If you look at the patterns of the days where there is now limited availability, it's interesting to me that Hollywood Studios is consistently "sold out" every single one of those days, where the Magic Kingdom is available on every single one of those days. The Magic Kingdom!!

I found that to be interesting that the popularity seems to have shifted to MGM, sorry, Hollywood Studios over the MK. Obviously it must be the Galaxy's Edge draw. But still, interesting...

RotR will be available, so I’m sure a lot of people will want to try to ride it! :darth: Also, Mickey and Minnie’s RR is also new, so I’d think people will want to go on that as well. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo Just my thoughts. 🙂

Last edited:
When the SW's mania dies down then we will see MK back on top. But that won't happen for a while, especially since all the delays with covid.
My favorite park is AK, which I know is not the popular thought. I love the jungle atmosphere, the animals, rides, all of it. It's fun for some down time to wander the nature trails. It's always been our favorite and we go there at least 2 or 3 times while at WDW. Next is MK, HS, and last Epcot.

It's a special time to go to Hollywood Studios, because:
*Rise of the Resistance is open
*Rise of the Resistance is not requiring a PITA virtual queue system to get on
*Park capacity is limited so it won't be overrun
*Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is open
*Slinky Dog Dash is open
*For once, guests won't need to wait in immobile standby lines for headliners while FastPassers are placed in front of the line
*Guests don't have to plan around tiers

Last edited:

I will throw this into the mix. I am booked at Pop, and feel the Skyliner is the safest transportation option when it comes to the virus due to the ventilation and capacity. Out of 9 days of reservations, I booked zero at AK because that park is brutal in the summer, two days at MK, and then three at DHS and four at Epcot because, Skyliner. It’s not that I think DHS is better than MK, but it is easier for me to get to than MK.
I have not been on RotR yet, because I wasn’t willing to get up so early and jump through all the hoops. I do hope to ride that and MMRR a few times over the course of my August trip. It will probably be my best chance to do so (if the parks are actually open).

We usually do one HS day but because of the new rides and the inability to park hop, we are committing to two HS days this year. Two HS, two MK, two EP, one AK.

My fave park is now Hollywood studios.
It used to be magic kingdom.

There were a few factors which swayed me;
Toy story land
Cast members
Toy story land

Anything new is more popular. They have Rise of The Resistance and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway. Of course, it's always been my favorite. Let me ride Tower of Terror all day and I'll be happy. :)

HS : compact and new rides: Runaway Railway is literally 1 month old. Throw in ROTR and slinky dog and finish with mania and tower of terror -- lots to do.

But coming from DLR in our backyard, we really enjoy both AK and EPCOT. With Epcot more plywood until 2021, AK was our top billing last december just after HS with ROTR.

I can see it selling out 1st - if I was planning my vacation it would be the park I would pick 1st so I could make sure ( or at least try to make sure ) that I could get in.

Sometimes the perception of scarcity creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don’t know if I really want two days at HS on my next trip, but I reserved two days under the assumption that it would be easier to change from HS to EPCOT or AK than to pick up another HS day if I later decide I want one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!