Hollywood Studios The Most Popular of the 4 Parks?

This is true of HS as well. I think it has the most shows (Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing Along, Little Mermaid, Muppets), and two nighttime spectators (Star Wars and F!).

I’m really hoping some of these are added back before my scheduled November trip. I think it would be fairly easy to social distance to see F! and RoL at AK. Unlike the fireworks shows that encourage people to smoosh together to get a good view, the stadium style seats should be no problem to stagger viewers, especially with reduced park capacity. The nighttime shows where everyone stands are more likely to remain somewhat of a free-for-all than places where you go to your designated seat and stay there.

Oh, it is true. But recently DHS has become more about rides than shows. Just five years ago, DHS would be a ghost town, because it was much more of an interactive area with the kids show stuff, animation classes, the stunt show, etc etc etc.

I am just pointing out that MK parade and fireworks were a HUGE deal, now that they are gone, DHS looks that much better with new stuff to do. The star wars fireworks were there and have grown in popularity, but they are still new and not on most peoples top priority. Fantasmic drew in big crowds, but honestly I never fell in love with it and suspect others didn't either. It wasn't worth waiting in line forever for our family.

Fantasmic drew in big crowds, but honestly I never fell in love with it and suspect others didn't either.
It wasn't worth waiting in line forever for our family.
If you don't care for Fantasmic!, that's fine (not everybody loves everything,) but...
The show drawing upwards of approx. 8,500 guests per performance (sometimes more than one show per night,) nearly 365 nights per year sounds a bit like one of the more popular shows to me.

And, to be clear, seeing Fantasmic! did not require everyone to stand in long lines.

If you don't care for Fantasmic!, that's fine (not everybody loves everything,) but...
The show drawing upwards of approx. 8,500 guests per performance (sometimes more than one show per night,) nearly 365 nights per year sounds a bit like one of the more popular shows to me.

Remember, just because something is popular doesn't necessarily mean it's amazing. Brittany Spears? Spice Girls? Churros? (Okay churros rock, but that's for another thread).

And, to be clear, seeing Fantasmic! did not require everyone to stand in long lines.

...as long as you have a dinner package or something along those lines. I've stood in loooooong lines for F! before.

Yeah we're pretty screwed, I'm glad i was able to get 1 day at dhs when reservations opened for ap
8/29 is the one year anniversary of SWGE, I am crazy enough to buy a one day ticket if availability is still showing and obviously if they open ticket purchases by then :)
It would be great if closer to each day they would open the pool of available tickets from the other 2 categories and allow aps to book last minute, but I fear I might be expecting too much from the system
View attachment 504818View attachment 504819
Whoa, the calendar looks totally different for me!
The only yellow days I can see are July 11 - 18th, everything else is green until the end of the year.
Do I have different visibility since I am not logged in to any account and don't have any tickets yet (just hotel reservation)?

Whoa, the calendar looks totally different for me!
The only yellow days I can see are July 11 - 18th, everything else is green until the end of the year.
Do I have different visibility since I am not logged in to any account and don't have any tickets yet (just hotel reservation)?
you have to pick your category of ticket, are you a hotel guest? day ticket holder? ap? each one has a different availability

I'm not sure where I can select that? I access it via this adress:
https://www.disneyworld.eu/availability-calendar/?segments=resort
Would someone be so kind to post me a screenshot of the current state (and also for November / December)?
I have resort reservations but haven't purchased tickets yet, so I'm a little nervous about availability....
Your availability will be different than @yulilin3 because she has an annual pass. The availability for those with annual passes is very slim.

You have wider availability because a larger amount were set aside for resort guests. What you are seeing IS the availability you would have if you were to buy tickets right now and book your days. However, if you haven't purchased your tickets yet, I'd go ahead and do that now to book your spots before it gets more limited.

I'm not sure where I can select that? I access it via this adress:
https://www.disneyworld.eu/availability-calendar/?segments=resort
Would someone be so kind to post me a screenshot of the current state (and also for November / December)?
I have resort reservations but haven't purchased tickets yet, so I'm a little nervous about availability....
check to see if this link works for you to see all 3 categories
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...sort,passholder,tickets&defaultSegment=resort

Your availability will be different than @yulilin3 because she has an annual pass. The availability for those with annual passes is very slim.

You have wider availability because a larger amount were set aside for resort guests. What you are seeing IS the availability you would have if you were to buy tickets right now and book your days. However, if you haven't purchased your tickets yet, I'd go ahead and do that now to book your spots before it gets more limited.
Thanks! I thought I cannot purchase any tickets for 2020, even if I already have a resort reservation? I am going from Nov 28th - Dec 12th.

Just reminding you to my original point, as to why HS might get more of a draw than MK or Epcot. I am not debating the show, but I think when you compare a finite number of seats and they would often run out of seats for F! during busy times, to a fireworks show that is seen park wide and is considered a must see. MK fireworks is a huge, huge draw and without those fireworks I could see people doing less MK days. Of course that is dependent on who it is and if they have small kids or teens, etc.

Just reminding you to my original point, as to why HS might get more of a draw than MK or Epcot. I am not debating the show, but I think when you compare a finite number of seats and they would often run out of seats for F! during busy times, to a fireworks show that is seen park wide and is considered a must see. MK fireworks is a huge, huge draw and without those fireworks I could see people doing less MK days. Of course that is dependent on who it is and if they have small kids or teens, etc.
I think HS will outdraw MK as HS now has MMRR and RoTR open when the park reopens. Almost always, new rides are very popular.
That may change when Tron opens and when the firework shows return (whenever that is).

Again, DHS (while not the smallest park in terms of area, as confirmed above) has the smallest capacity of any of the four parks. AK is a close second. MK has about 150% of the capacity of DHS, with EPCOT being almost twice as many as DHS/AK. So even if the same number of people choose DHS and MK, DHS will reach capacity before MK will. Assuming they use 20% of total capacity as the limit for now, that would be roughly 12,000 people at DHS or 18,000 at MK. I don't think people are saying "I don't want to do MK because [x, y, and z.]" I think it's more likely that people are choosing to spend roughly equal time at those two parks but there are more slots available for MK.

I wonder if Disney is basing capacity just on total guests, or if they also calculate groups (since you create a group before selecting a park reservation)
RotR can only take (1) group per ride vehicle, so in theory attractions could say we have the capacity for 3000 groups or 12000 guests, whatever fills first.

I wonder if Disney is basing capacity just on total guests, or if they also calculate groups (since you create a group before selecting a park reservation)
RotR can only take (1) group per ride vehicle, so in theory attractions could say we have the capacity for 3000 groups or 12000 guests, whatever fills first.
I am really hoping ride capacity numbers have more weight than park capacity numbers, or they create a formula to account for both. We will never know though. CM previews went live last night and again all parks are full except Epcot, and it's just not a desirable park to visit right now, DHS was the first to go

It's a special time to go to Hollywood Studios, because:
*Rise of the Resistance is open
*Rise of the Resistance is not requiring a PITA virtual queue system to get on
*Park capacity is limited so it won't be overrun
*Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is open
*Slinky Dog Dash is open
*For once, guests won't need to wait in immobile standby lines for headliners while FastPassers are placed in front of the line
*Guests don't have to plan around tiers
This!! We have 6 park days and my #1 reservation priority was getting our Hollywood Studios days for these exact reasons. By the same token, I adore Epcot, but between the construction and lack of cultural representatives, decided to skip it this trip.

We are going in January and I was lucky to be able to get the park reservations we wanted. We would normally have park hoppers and spend maybe a day and a half at the most in DHS but then it's been six years since we were there and it was so different. Back then our main goals were TOT, TSM and eating at 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi. Now with Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story land it seems like it will be such a different park. I have over 6 months to prepare and study on the best way of doing things. I'm a bit nervous about making sure of the best way to get onto the rides in Galaxy's Edge.

We have a 10 day trip coming up in mid October. We have 4 MK days, 3 HS days, 2 Epcot days, and one AK day. We have not been in 4 years so lots of new stuff for us to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter